For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
twmedford23 wrote:Everything in the game looks great so far. Any word, though on any GB2 references? We know the game takes places 2 years after the events in that movie but I haven't seen anything yet regarding those events. It would be nice to hear or see a throwback to Vigo or the Mood Slime...
There will be refferences to both GB1, and GB2, because this is a direct continuation of the GB story, sort of a 3rd movie, but in video game form. :cool:
The cast list for IMDB isn't very revealing. Is there an official list of actors reprising their roles? I'm particularly interested if Sigourney Weaver will be returning.
She is not returning nor is Rick Moranis. Every other main cast member including Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts and William Atherton are returning. New confirmed cast members are Brian Doyle Murray as Mayor Jock Mulligan and Alyssa Milano as the new love interest.
rockstar232007 wrote:
twmedford23 wrote:Everything in the game looks great so far. Any word, though on any GB2 references? We know the game takes places 2 years after the events in that movie but I haven't seen anything yet regarding those events. It would be nice to hear or see a throwback to Vigo or the Mood Slime...
There will be refferences to both GB1, and GB2, because this is a direct continuation of the GB story, sort of a 3rd movie, but in video game form. :cool:
I wonder when we'll start seeing GB2 stuff in the game. How will they incorporate them, I wonder?
Like the big "Dinosaur" type one, or the mink coat monsters, or the titanic passengers, or the movie theater ghosts???????

Wouldn't it be AWESOME...if one the multiplayer modes was like a Flashback Mode !
and we can suit up as one the four Gb's and face old bosses like Vigo and Gozer !! :angryvigo: Oh man that would be so sweeeeeet.......and the dialogue would be exactly the same from the movies and we just get to do the action parts
It would be funny if Yanosh was seen running from a museum or something, but using him has a full fledged character with lines would be too much. They probably can't use the character without getting likeness rights or something though. That's the one problem with using real actors in a game.
I read a couple of places that the Ghostbusters Atari game will be out 6-16-09 for Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PC, Xbox, PS2 and PS3, but I'd really like to know....

Aren't they going to make anything for the PSP??!!

(I'll still probably get the PC format, but still!!)
ECT0-1 wrote:Anybody know the differences between the system versions (besides graphics)? In particular PS2 and PS3.
Well? In the PS2/Wii versions, you will be able to play as a female GB/Rookie, and the co-op/multiplayer capabilities are slightly different (split-screen co-op mode), while the PS3 version will be mostly for a single player, cinematic experience (which I will enjoy the hell out of :cool: ). Other than that, the story is the same, but with a few different "elements" (if you watch the Wii/PS3 vids respectively, you will see what I'm talking about).
well aside from us die hard fans, it essentially was to the rest of the world. sure there were little references here and there, but this is the largest movement that the franchise has gotten in forever. I love how the reporter was like " most movie games have, historically, sucked, but this one.....surprisingly doesn't."

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]