By Bulla
I'm looking for new key fobs for my costume and I wanted to know which vendor has the best ones in terms of material and accuracy?
I've checked a few like Ectolabs; and StantzIndustries and FranklinPrattLeather on Etsy. All of them look great but I don't know which set to pick or if there are better options out there.
Suggestions?
By CitizenBuster
I've got all of those sets. Can't go wrong with any. Ectolabs only does runs every now and then. Stantzindustries sells out regularly. Franklin are nice, and usually readily available.
By Bulla
CitizenBuster wrote: October 24th, 2023, 4:54 pm I've got all of those sets. Can't go wrong with any. Ectolabs only does runs every now and then. Stantzindustries sells out regularly. Franklin are nice, and usually readily available.
Yeah right now Franklin is the only one that has available stock. Though they are a little pricier ($68) than say , Stantzindustries and this one comes with an additional 4th fob ($48). Do you think it's worth waiting for a set or does Franklin have much better fobs? Stantz advertises his set as "the best on the market".
By CitizenBuster
I'm my opinion, Ectolabs is the best on market in quality and screen accuracy. Stantzindustries and Franklin are second for accuracy. Franklin are more pricey, but I like them well enough. But there's a lot of people offering fob sets now. If super screen accurate isn't exactly priority one for you, one can find nice sets for pretty reasonable prices.
By tobycj
EctoLabs are better than StantzIndustries, having seen both in person. More accurate hardware, and better quality leather and finishing.
By EFPS
Hi all! This is Evan from Franklin Pratt Leather. Obviously been a huge Ghostbusters fan since I was a kid but only started making the GB gear in my shop this year and I gotta say I've been really excited about being a part of the community.

Anyway, always looking to make improvements where I can so if anyone has suggestions on how I can improve the fobs or any of the other GB stuff I'm making definitely let me know.

But here's some details about the fobs and how I'm doing them.

First, my business is exclusively leather goods. I make a lot of higher end products with the best leather and hardware I can get so all my film props and replicas are made the same way - best materials, burnished/finished edges, will break in and patina as you use them, etc. I'm almost exclusively using American vegetable-tanned leather from Hermann Oak tannery which is the gold standard for full grain vegtan leather. So that's where the price comes from; top leather/materials plus some extra labor.

I'm a mostly made-to-order business but with more popular things like the fobs I'll do small runs. But basically, I'll always have them in stock - though I do run a 1-2 week lead time on most orders.

On most GB stuff I've been using stainless steel snaps as all their gear uses the same snaps. The stainless ones are really nice and have a great vintage ghostbustery look and feel to them.

Also - all the picture analysis I've done makes them out to be 1" wide with 15mm line 24 snaps - 3/4" just doesn't look right against the belt width or snap size.

So would definitely love any input always happy to discuss my products or reasoning.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]