For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By mrmichaelt
Voice actors Tara Strong and Greg Cipes host a podcast show called The Ship It Show and bring on fellow cast and also fans to talk about various topics. Today, they released an episode centered on GB cosplay. There will be another episode I guess posted in March with the EGB voice cast. But in today's episode, Tara Strong did mention a tidbit about recording at the 39:40 mark.

The voice cast recorded in the evenings to accommodate Alfonso Ribeiro and Jason Marsden because they were also working on sitcoms during the day at the time. "It's the only show I've ever done regularly as an animated series in the evening because at the time Alfonso Ribeiro as well as Jason Marsden were on on-camera series--sitcoms and so they couldn't tape during the day so we would tape at night in the studio together and it was sooo much fun."

I don't recall it every coming up it was for Ribeiro and Marsden. I do think there was at least rumor they recast Slimer because Welker didn't want to record in the evening on a regular basis but not sure if there's a source for that yet.
joezlo wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 7:03 am It was Pinky's podcast - Rob Paulsen - years ago. It was actually pretty goofy because they kept going into character and derailing their own conversations. I think it was called Toon Talk?
Talkin' Toons? If so, it's a pain to find so far. Because of some deal with Nerdist that fell through or something, all the sites that had the episodes got vaporized.

EDIT: Watched what I think is the 1st episode where LaMarche was a guest and nothin' about Welker.
The episode with Jason Marsden, Billy West, Pat Musick, Maurice Lamarche, Rino Romano (and later Dave Coulier) has been posted.

So Billy West says he was lied to about Frank Welker not wanting the role and it was evidentially about $$$.
4:47-5:26 Billy West says, "Well, that's a long story. It's a very long story. Well, you know what, it's the Slime--I played Slimer in the show and they were like 'what do you think, you want to do Slimer?' and I was like 'Yeah, I guess but that's Frank Welker...' 'Well, he doesn't want to do it, he won't do it' and I was lied to and so that's how I wound up doing it. Yeah, somebody lied -- they either turned Frank's request down for more money and I -- and it was suddenly I felt like I became my own enemy. I became what I hated the most is some grave robber."

Rino Romano auditioned 3 times before he got Eduardo. Child actors were cast for Eduardo in the interim.
26:18-27:40 Rino Romano says, "I wasn't cast in it originally. I didn't get it. I was so right for it in my head. I was like 'I should get this.' I didn't get it. I was so bummed. I was like 'Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.' Then I get a call back like two weeks later. I'm like 'How did I get a call back? They already cast it.' 'Ah, they may not be happy so they're gonna have you come back in.' Wow. Sue was so nice to me. It's between me and someone else. She says just do what you do. I said okay. So I did it and I didn't it and I was like man, I was sure. I was I really wanted this. Wow. **** I guess it's not for me. Whatever. Another week or two go by and they say, 'Listen, they're gonna have you back in.' I said, "Really? Are you kidding me?' 'Yeah, here's the thing. They're going to have you record with the cast. So it's an audition. They're pay you but it's a paid audition.' It was so nerve-wracking to have this but I was like 'Okay, giv me a shot. I'm gonna do my best.' So the whole point of this setup is I walk in, I sit and I look down the aisle like I said 'holy **** there's this and there's everybody and there's Tara who I know all right' and then I look at Marsden who's sitting right next to me and I go "hey" and he looks at me and I've never seen this in real life before, he goes "hey" and he does literally a spit take or a triple take and he goes "yeah." I look as if I go 'What's up dude like what's up' and he goes "oh nothing" and I go "what?" and he goes "you look just like the other two dudes" and I was like "oh, all right." He thought I was the other guy. He talked to me for a couple seconds first anyway. That was that."

28:36-29:07 Jason Marsden says, "I remember. There was like two other kids. Like kids that were--that they cast to play Rino--to play Eduardo at the time. And I remember they were fine. It felt a little out of place because one was actually a minor. I think he was 16 and then you came in and you--as soon as you spoke, I think we I just remember feeling like 'oh this fits. This fits really good. I hope he stays.' And thank goodness you did."
ghoulishfright liked this
That was a real treat. And great to see Dave Coulier getting some love (although he inexplicably disappeared halfway through the episode). It warms my heart to hear them speak so fondly of the show and lament its premature cancellation. Tara is totally right, they could easily bring the show back nowadays and do another season or so. Their voices still sound great. I only hope Alfonso shares the sentiments of the others. (Hopefully Tara can track him down for a future episode.)

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]