By Harrison
I'm in the process of ordering a GB1 flight suit from Magnoli and I'm stuck on the sizing. I took my measurements and asked for loose originally, but when the numbers came back, it seemed huge. I'm thinking about going with the fitting size now (loose adds 6 inches, fitting adds 4).

I know the original suits were pretty baggy, but I don't want to drown in it. Anyone have experience with the "fitting" size? This is my first suit and I don't want to mess this up considering once it's done that's it. I asked for examples of the different fits, but they don't have any.

Thanks for any help!!
By Torwen
If it helps I'd post

- the measurements I used for my IM suit

- pics of me in the suit, including height and...weight.

What I can tell you right away - and I had MANY other suits (Carter / Propper / cheap ones): if you're serious about your gear...you do NOT want anything else than this flightsuit.
By tobycj
Do you already have an off the peg flightsuit that fits you ok (Nomex, Tru-Spec etc.)? If you do, you can provide measurements direct from that.
By UEF
The consensus on these things seems to be about sizing up way beyond what you'd expect. I'd find some of the loosest clothes you own and add 6" to all dimensions.

The trouble, IMO, comes with torso length. If you add inches to that, the legs end up separating somewhere above your knees. So maybe only add 3" there. But then others have reported that area coming in a bit tight...
By Harrison
I actually emailed them back a few days ago and decided to go with the loose fit. I figured if it's a little too baggy in spots I can have it taken in.

I really wish they had pictures of someone wearing every fit of the suit to give people an idea. Since this is my first suit, and my first piece of custom clothing, I really didn't want to mess it up. I'll find out in 8 months... Hopefully sooner!
By Torwen
Harrison wrote: February 16th, 2023, 6:38 am I actually emailed them back a few days ago and decided to go with the loose fit. I figured if it's a little too baggy in spots I can have it taken in.

I really wish they had pictures of someone wearing every fit of the suit to give people an idea. Since this is my first suit, and my first piece of custom clothing, I really didn't want to mess it up. I'll find out in 8 months... Hopefully sooner!
I hear you and I felt the same.

It's funny when I tried on my first Carter flightsuit and I looked down to my feet...I thought...man I look like a baby in an oversized playsuit. especially the whole hip area...like...I was wearing diapers.

But when you take a picture of yourself, especially from a few meters away...it doesn't look like that the same way. Two worlds especially when adding the pistol belt to your flightsuit.

I had luck because the suit arrived after...3 months or so. Ordered it in 2021 IIRC, custom made to the measurements I gave them.

What I did was I had 3 or 4 flightsuits already and I chose the one which was off here and there but suited me best.

Measured everything from this suit and then added or substracted where needed - voila.

When it arrived I was VERY pleased! Interestingly i gave it a first wash (cold!) and let it air dry...and I have the feeling that it shrinked more than expected but only on the arms and legs.
By BennyP
I ordered mine and it arrived late last year, the quality is fantastic, I added a couple of inches (as recommended), however I wish I’d gone for more. I can fit into it, but it’s very reminiscent of the scene where they all walk into the museum in GB2 (Let’s suck in the guts guys, we’re the Ghostbusters)… wouldn’t be able to do a full day in it, unless unzipped. Need to lose a few pounds…

Also a bit snug around the old jewels as well… although I don’t think this would be as much of a problem if my stomach was a little smaller… 😂😂😂
WhoaFoogles liked this
By KingTorg
I just sent in the measurements for my Magnoli suit. I thought about taking measurements from my current TruSpec suit...but it's a bit baggier than I would like in several places, so I took the body measurements approach instead. I went with the "fitting" size and took current measurements but I'm on a mission to get back into shape and lose 25-30 pounds, so I'm hoping that will help everything fit loosely enough to be comfortable but not overly baggy by the time it arrives. Time will tell if I've made a mistake, I suppose.
By Pcal6883
Haha. I did the same thing a few months back when I ordered. Took my current measurements, ordered it fitted, hoping I'd drop in the 8-9 months before it arrives. Safe to say, I need to get moving on that goal.
KingTorg liked this
By Arch27
Not the Magnoli flightsuit but I have their Rorschach suit. I gave them my exact measurements and it is the best fitting suit I've ever owned. I would imagine they're appropriately adding inches to the correct places to make it look right. I'd trust in their process and order it 'baggy'.
By KingTorg
Update: My Magnoli suit arrived almost 3 months early (on Halloween night, just in time for trick or treat). I have to say, going the route I did with the measurements and choosing the "fitting" size was perfect. Although I've maybe lost a few pounds since measuring, I haven't changed that much but the suit fits excellently. Sleeves, pant legs, shoulders, waist and chest volume and groin-fit are all spot-on. They are indeed "fitting" without being snug or baggy at all. I'm really impressed with the quality of the suit and the accuracy of the fit. I mean, I was already prepared to be happy with it based on all the other testimonials that I've heard but man...this suit is just fantastic. The fact that it delivered early and literally the afternoon of Halloween certainly got me excited but I was slightly nervous taking it out and trying it on. Those concerns were unfounded. They nailed it.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]