As near as I can tell, every Haslab Proton Pack is missing a screw and washer from the shell next to the V-hook bracket. It will need to be secured from inside the pack.

Look at the bottom of the following images.

Here's the Hasbro pack:

Here's the screen used pack:

I'm trying to identify the screw type before I order a batch of hardware.

Help is appreciated.
One time liked this
One time wrote: January 19th, 2023, 4:25 pm Good catch!

Yep same on all of mine.

Someone must surely know the ones we need
I ordered a bunch of 8-32 1/2 screws for the cyclotron. There are essentially only two types of screws on the pack in places that do have screws (which is fewer types than a real pack, I think). There's some debate over which screws are correct, whether they should be metric, but 8-32 1/2 apparently work.

The smaller screws on the Hasbro pack are in places where hex heads would go. The bigger screws are in places where philips heads would go and use a washer. I hear an accurate washer is very difficult to find because the screen used ones are a weird thickness but I honestly don't care. If somebody is inspecting the thickness of my washers, something has gone horribly wrong!

The small screws look to be replaceable with a 4-40 3/8 socket head screw. I mean, if you use philips, nobody is probably going to notice as long as you switch to black so they stand out less than Hasbro's but the hex screws are prop accurate.

You need around 11 of one type and 10 of the other. I forget which.

I had to order a hundred of each type from Amazon since no local hardware stores carry many black screws and some stuff won't arrive until Saturday.

My hope, after thinking about it, is that the same sized screws used elsewhere on the pack will work with a nut on the back. (And I don't care what the nut looks like!)

It makes sense, right? Hasbro changed the rest of the design to only use two styles of screw. So it would make sense if the philips-with-a-washer style work there too and Hasbro just ditched the non-functional one after deciding not to use black screws. Why spend $5000 on screws and washers and more on labor on a screw that doesn't do anything and looks wrong in silver, I guess? We're lucky they left us the hole!

I wonder if the motherboard screws are the same. Black would stand out less.
kahuna900 liked this
I noticed the hole too, and when I looked at Adam Savage's pics of the Phoebe pack I could see there should be a screw there.

I just went down to my local Ace Hardware and found a screw that was closest to the correct size that wasn't too long, and finished it off with a brass washer.

I also painted the button/screw on the compartment door to match.

I also replaced the four screws that "Hold the pack to the motherboard" on the bottom of the cyclotron with the same screws and washers. I will weather them up on to match Phoebe's pack when the rain stops.

One time wrote: January 19th, 2023, 6:38 pm Afraid I can't help as much, as I go with metric sizes. I tried looking for the cyclotron bolts in black today but couldn't find any.
All I found were screws with a sharp point.

Any advice?
If you look closely at Adam Savage's pics, the bumper, and pack mounting bolts are all silver with black paint on them. Some more than others. That's how I'm doing mine.
No sure if this helps, but here's a few pics of the screws I used. I wish I noted the sizes when I purchased them today, but I just went with what I thought would work best.

The four in the right are for the bumper, the other five are the bottom mounts and one to fill the empty hole on the upper right.

I splattered some paint on them to make them looked used.

I'm loving how everything turned out.
Oooh I was wondering why there was a hole there, gotta fix it now! I'm far less picky so I'll probably just glue in any old thing that resembles what's on there. When I opened my pack I laughed when I saw the bottom screws on the bottom half of the cyclotron serve absolutely no purpose, they're just floating there drilled to nothing. I'm happy they put them in though!
kahuna900 liked this
Got the black allen screws today, changed out the rest of the silver screws and I believe these really make this awesome pack shine.

Also finally broke open the pack and swapped out to a more accurate wire, loom and yellow shroud.

Just waiting on my final mod, a new ion arm faceplate with screws.
Just recieved this awesome ion arm plate with faux screws!!! I chose the weathered option and it matches perfectly and really finishes of the pack.

I think I'm done with my mods. This thing is pretty darn cool right out of the box, but with a few minor changes it really shines.

gamera1968 liked this
Here are the screws and washers I used for my pack. I didn't drill the holes any bigger, I just used a little pressure on the larger screws to get the started and then they fed themselves.

These bumper screws fit great in the factory holes without damaging the bumper mounting brackets.

These are what I used for the bottom "motherboard mounting" screws and the empty hole near the wand mount. the screws are a little too long for the holes near the N-Filter, so I had to file them down just a bit. I looked again but I couldn't find any screws with this size head that were any shorter.

These are the washers I used, bumper on the left, bottom "motherboard mounting" on the right.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]