Hello, I’m new to this website but I need the power of you all to help me. I’m studying at Bolton University in England, doing a model making course for Film and TV. I’m doing a project where I’m making a exact replica of the trap from GB1, but am struggling to find anything on the original how it was constructed or anything. I’m hoping people can help me and send research and plans from the original. Also I’ve looked at the replica plans made by ‘ JT001 Stunt Trap templates v1.0
Based on measurements taken by Venkman 71 and SG1Stargate. Labels reproduced by HProps’ but as I need a 1:1 I need the cartridge needs to be removable so if anyone has plans for one with this that would be amazing . If anyone also has contact information on anyone who was involved in making it or people who have information on this (even though I know most have passed) would also be amazing. Anything you have you can send me on this email: ghosttrapinformation@gmail.com thank you allll!
Greetings fellow Brit!

The closest we have to 1:1 plans are here, here and here.

Beyond that, there's this screen-used smoking Trap prop from Ghostbusters II which was auctioned this summer: LINK

Unfortunately these plans work on the basis of our best educated guesses, as there've only been a handful of instances where fans have been able to handle the props, and measure them.
Most of the reference we have of the props when they have show up has been photographs of them behind glass, and while we can make some estimated measurements based on the sizes of identified components... They're still eyeballed at best, rather than measured with a ruler or calipers.

To help narrow things down, are you looking to make a replica of the Trap props that had lights and opening doors, or the more commonly-seen fiberglass Trap props?
Kingpin wrote: October 17th, 2022, 5:40 pm Greetings fellow Brit!

The closest we have to 1:1 plans are here, here and here.

Beyond that, there's this screen-used smoking Trap prop from Ghostbusters II which was auctioned this summer: LINK

Unfortunately these plans work on the basis of our best educated guesses, as there've only been a handful of instances where fans have been able to handle the props, and measure them.
Most of the reference we have of the props when they have show up has been photographs of them behind glass, and while we can make some estimated measurements based on the sizes of identified components... They're still eyeballed at best, rather than measured with a ruler or calipers.

To help narrow things down, are you looking to make a replica of the Trap props that had lights and opening doors, or the more commonly-seen fiberglass Trap props?
Yes I’m looking to make a 1:1 replica so lights, opening doors, the cartridge being removable etc, I’m making it out of aluminium like the original and making it close to 30 pounds too.
dartdemon340 wrote: November 9th, 2023, 3:56 pm Stupid question, but where does Hasbro and Mattel get all their measurements from?
Hasbro has had access to the screen-used props that were produced for Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and potentially props that were contained in the Sony archives. Mattel might've gotten to see props that were in the archive as well.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]