For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Yeah, as much as I love the King of the Hill that style doesn't fit the franchise. At least in my opinion. I'll always have that nagging thought when the character's would speak: The proton Beams run off propane, and propan accessories." Lol, that syle shouldn't be the hill we die on.
I'm open to new art styles.

I'm very partial to Dan's work from IDW. I can never give that creative team enough credit.

If there is a cartoon & its OG's as leads (unlikely) they should X-Men 97 it, pull Claremont's best stories & Lee's - pull Burkham's best stories & Dan's art.
joezlo wrote:I'm open to new art styles.

I'm very partial to Dan's work from IDW. I can never give that creative team enough credit.

If there is a cartoon & its OG's as leads (unlikely) they should X-Men 97 it, pull Claremont's best stories & Lee's - pull Burkham's best stories & Dan's art.

The biggest bummer about IDW not having the IP anymore is not seeing Dan and Erik playing in that world anymore. However I am very grateful that they had the run they did. :):):)

I am curious if there will be anymore stories involving the original crew. In animation it is completely possible to revisit the OG characters. The question would be who would you cast to do those characters justice? They did it with The Real Ghostbusters so they could probably capture that magic again with the right cast. :):):)
Seth Rex wrote: March 19th, 2024, 8:55 pm Anything new on this?
3/19/24: Nope. If we're fortunate, it will be mentioned on Ghostbusters Day in June.

edit 3/21/24: In an interview with Alex Zane at the 23:42-24:18 mark, Gil Kenan gave an update (note the rest of the interview are spoilers for Frozen Empire):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Vh7kM2gpU

"I just watched an entire presentation for the show. I've seen the sets, the environments and I saw saw my first glimpse at a world of supernatural characters as realized by our brilliant creative team and so all I can say is the work is being done as we speak. It's in what we call full development. Scripts are being written. Art is being created and it's a great time to be a Ghosbuster."
Seth Rex liked this
I'll believe it when I see it as I said earlier, however...I think if they did something similar to Troll Hunters, or the Voltron anime it could work. Being Netflix Dreamworks may have already gotten the green light to this. I hope that's the case.
Evilchumlee wrote: March 26th, 2024, 11:13 am I really, really, really hope they don't go anime style. I just... don't like it. ANYTHING else is fine.

It might work best going with CG art.
i like me my anime but i agree, it's never worked well with north american shows/movies.

anyone see x-men 97 yet? the animation in that is FANTASTIC
Kingpin liked this
jonogunn wrote: March 26th, 2024, 4:11 pm i like me my anime but i agree, it's never worked well with north american shows/movies.

anyone see x-men 97 yet? the animation in that is FANTASTIC
It's kind of funny, the only style of "anime" I generally am somewhat ok with is the more North American-style.

I would be ABSOLUTELY on board for an X-Men 97 style.
Really hoping this is something awesome. I can't stand new cartoons these days, the art is just appalling and lazy. Shows that I was looking forward to and being let down were Big Hero Six, the new Spider-Man, Duck Tales, TMNT, they just have that same awful look.

I won't hold by breath, but I will set my expectations low.
I'd consider the new Ducktales largely an improvement on the original, and it was pretty entertaining. The Big Hero 6 TV series for the most part was pretty decent (apart from the final season, where it really lost steam)... I would've loved a sequel to the movie, but evidently that wasn't on the cards.
zeta otaku liked this
I have to admit -- just personal taste, not a criticism of them as I know they are beloved -- but I wasn't that into the look of the IDW comics, although I did buy a hardback at one point from a Half-Price Books I still need to read all the way through.

My ideal look for the movie is something in the broad neighborhood of Spider-Verse and TMNT: Mutant Mayhem. Although they're often lumped together, when you get down to it they don't look much alike, but what they do both do is carve out a unique and original look that fits a certain vibe, and I think a Ghostbusters movie with a hip, fresh look to it could be really fun.
Kingpin wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 4:21 am I'd consider the new Ducktales largely an improvement on the original, and it was pretty entertaining. The Big Hero 6 TV series for the most part was pretty decent (apart from the final season, where it really lost steam)... I would've loved a sequel to the movie, but evidently that wasn't on the cards.
Absolutely loved the Ducktails reboot. It's a shame they ended it the way they did. Tenant (who voiced Scrooge) would make a decent ghost or, a Peck like figure. I think he's a fan of the franchise or the writers were during his original run. Someone get Jason on the phone and tell him want Tennant in the Empire sequel. I could seriously see him as a Buster, or a villain.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]