Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By featofstrength
Did I read the tier system correctly? You get some easily obtainable loom to connect your wand to the pack if we get x amount of backers…but at no point do we intend to offer the multiple part, more detailed Afterlife loom to connect the Afterlife style wand to the Afterlife style pack…
By zeta otaku
Honestly, we don't know WHAT type of connector they're offering. They've gone this far with the Afterlife look, I really doubt they'd skimp on making an accurate Spengler hose for the Spengler pack to connect to the Spengler thrower.

Then again, I never thought they'd MAKE the pack, so I'll eat a second hat if I'm wrong about the hose as well XD
Coover5 liked this
By One time
Maybe the scale is “kinda 1:1” like the Hasbro wand. Same in some aspects, smaller / thinner in others.

Hasbro on top screen used on bottom.

I know people are making 3d printed grips on Etsy but don’t know if any are the correct size and fit over the existing front grips. I wish someone would make one that could slide over it and make the front grip as beefy as the real prop.

I hope the pack is 1:1 though.

It seems pointless to make up dimensions on these props when the actual screen used one is right there for Hasbro to take measurements from.
Last edited by One time on November 16th, 2021, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coover5, deadderek liked this
By Coover5
"kinda 1:1" i think is the best way to put it. In the video where jason Reitman is looking at the pack to me it looks the right height but the ion arm doesn't seem to stick out as much. I figured it was the angle but perhaps the packs are a mix of accurate parts, cost savings techniques and toy regulations.
By gamera1968
Whoa, 4,954 backers as of right now. (11:40 AM, EST - 10/29/21)
deadderek, Prime 1986 liked this
By deadderek
Coover5 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:22 pm "kinda 1:1" i think is the best way to put it. In the video where jason Reitman is looking at the pack to me it looks the right height but the ion arm doesn't seem to stick out as much. I figured it was the angle but perhaps the packs are a mix of accurate parts, cost savings techniques and toy regulations.
This fandom is so damn ridiculous when it comes to expectations. They want everything screen accurate to the milometer and are just nitpicking.

The pack is 1:1. Nuff said.
robbritton liked this
By Coover5
Hey don't look at me for scrutinizing this thing. I love it. I don't even mind that the power switch is a shade of crimson instead of cherry red or that the line spacing on the WARNING sticker is off or even that the V hook is on at 46 degrees instead of 45. Heck, I hardly even noticed those things.
deadderek, RedSpecial, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
By SpaceBallz
Hasbro gave everyone a sneak peak at the hose connector:

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2021/10/31 ... ctor-hose/

"One thing I’d like to point out is it appears that the Ghostbusters: Afterlife-themed hose looks be an entirely different connection than what came with the Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Neautrona Wand. While many fans have assumed that the hose would attach to the connector that came with the wand, it’s beginning to look more likely that the hose will not only handle the connection but electronics, connecting into the back of the wand’s battery compartment."

By One time
metallijosh wrote: October 31st, 2021, 2:19 pmImage

He also said that the wand controlling the pack electronics is something that is on their wishlist.
Where did he say that?

Almost every propper has said it would be impossible to send a signal from the wand back to a pack.
By metallijosh
One time wrote: October 31st, 2021, 11:25 pm

He also said that the wand controlling the pack electronics is something that is on their wishlist.
Where did he say that?

Almost every propper has said it would be impossible to send a signal from the wand back to a pack.
In the comments on that post. It's in the Haslab Proton Pack modders group on Facebook.

One time liked this
By oidoglr
One time wrote: October 31st, 2021, 11:25 pm

Where did he say that?

There aren’t a ton of conditions that call for changes to what the pack lights are doing.

On, fire, off.

All of these conditions could be likely sussed out by the varying amount of voltage draw these different functions normally pull (or cease to) from the battery in the wand handle and relayed as a triggering event for the pack lights.
By GhostFaceX
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

WhoaFoogles wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:37 pm
zeta otaku wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:30 pm

It looks like it already has the spacers for an Alice frame, I don't think it'd be too difficult to add one.
This would be the perfect fit for those crap Rothco ALICE frames that are readily available but untenable for proper, bespoke proton packs, right?
Are they that bad? :(
By Kingpin
GhostFaceX wrote: November 11th, 2021, 2:56 am Are they that bad? :(
They have a habit of snapping after they've been drilled so they can be attached to the Proton Pack motherboard. I believe there's also been issues with the straps slipping.
By GhostFaceX
Kingpin wrote: November 11th, 2021, 4:32 am
GhostFaceX wrote: November 11th, 2021, 2:56 am Are they that bad? :(
They have a habit of snapping after they've been drilled so they can be attached to the Proton Pack motherboard. I believe there's also been issues with the straps slipping.
If they're going to let the pack clip on to an alice frame I'm more worried about the straps. Are they bad/uncomfortable? I don't want the thing to be uncomfortable if I wear it for a while.
By err404
I have a place holder Rothco on my pack while I look for genuine one with the right straps. It is a bit flimsy with a heavy pack, but it is reasonably comfortable. I avoided drilling it by making an attachment that holds the center bar. I expect the Hasbro pack to be light, so it should work fine. They are easy to find, so don’t rush out and get one. Spend some time over the next year looking for a better frame. But don’t stress if you end up with one.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]