Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Davideverona wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:40 am If I remember correctly, someone spoke with the guys at HOOK & LADDER and they said that they were "booked" for shooting on June 6th.

Maybe that will really be the Ecto bursting out of the Firehouse?
Was it social media-twitter, instagram, reddit, facebook? Was it on Hook & Ladder's social?

If true, totally a given, yeah. Driving out on a case. Wonder if there'll be second unit filming every day this week.
I'm not thrilled with the idea of the gunner seat being used in NYC. It just cuts against the suspension of disbelief. You're asking me to believe that the user isn't going to be clipped by an oncoming car, a bicyclist, a street sign, etc. With that said, I noticed that the new gray clamshell device is absent in these driving sequences. Maybe the chair being a hazard in NYC causes them to install this new device on the roof so you can blast at ghosts on the go without having a chair hanging off of the side of the car.

I don't like the idea of all of the Ghostbusters being kids. But I don't have an issue with Phoebe and Trevor being in the car with Grooberson and Callie. Trevor is about 18 now. Phoebe is a minor, but she's a genius, so it sort of works.
I'm guessing Peck, unable to shut down the Ghostbusters, starts fining them for other illegal things (like a seat that springs out of the side of a car). I think you guys are right, the SlamShell replaces the gunner seat.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 10:33 am
SpaceBallz wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 10:14 am I don't wanna be THAT guy, but...
This Post Contains Spoilers
That's how they spell it in Germany. The inventors of the Fabled Weiner.
Unless that was a joke, Alphagaia...no no no no no no. Sorry but no. Need to give in that itch to correct this.
It's not spelled "Weiner" in Germany or German AT ALL. It's Wiener. Why? Actually "Wiener" is short for "Wurst, Wiener Art" which means "Sausage, Vienna style". Vienna=Wien.

Thank you for your attention everyone, please continue your GB4 conversation/discussion. I for one am out here, this is getting way too spoilery for me. Walter Peck is back and we have massive Ecto ghost-hunting action on the streets of NYC. Soooo excited for the first teaser to hopefully drop on GB day, but after that I will not ruin the fun of seeing the new GB movie as fresh and uninformed as possible.
Alphagaia liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:31 pm I mean she’s not exactly ripping up theatre tickets is she?
Are Bill or Dan, these days?

I think you maybe need to cut McKenna a little slack, she's building a pretty decent career of television and movie work, and maybe her approach will help her to continue having a successful career long into adulthood... Rather than ending up flaring out after a bright but short career like too many actors and actresses who've been chewed up by the Hollywood organ grinder (Joey Cramer, Mischa Barton or Dustin Diamond to name a few).
RichardLess wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:31 pmDo they let 14 year olds work with explosive nuclear equipment in New York? I’m not sure. Somehow I doubt that’s OSHA compliant.
And the guys were back in 1984? :)
RichardLess wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:31 pmIt more or less worked But it’s a one and done story for me. I would’ve be fine with never seeing any of those characters again.
Fair enough, but based on this thread a lot of people are quite happy to see more outings featuring Phoebe, Callie, Gary and the others. And I imagine the cinema-going public will largely roll with having the Afterlife characters busting ghosts in New York.
timeware wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:17 pm Think they'll give us a trailer in four days? I'm a little bit more optimistic now.
Rookie99 wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:03 pm My hope is something like the initial Afterlife tease. Just a taste of the tone, nothing from the actual movie. Also a full title reveal would be nice.
That's my expectation as well. If there's a trailer it'll either have very little footage from the film, or none at all... Instead having a bespoke sequence filmed for the movie featuring the cast, maybe Wrecto-1 and the Firehouse soundstage set. Kinda like the teaser they filmed for Back to the Future:

joezlo wrote: June 5th, 2023, 12:01 pm Also, I know everyone's been speculating about the clamshell; but I haven't seen the half dome in ANY photo so far at all...
I was just about to bring that up. It looks like the box with the fan (what some annotated depictions of Ecto-1 describe as an A/C unit) has been moved to the back of the roof rack to accommodate the new clam-shell item, resulting in the half-dome being removed. You can get a better look in this Reddit photo:

Boogie110bear wrote: June 5th, 2023, 11:32 am
timeware wrote: June 5th, 2023, 8:08 am
I never liked the sound of Wreckto. I'm glad the name is getting retired after this movie.
Ecto-1A is still in its Ghostbusters: Afterlife look at the Peterson museum from what I've heard. A pity, really.
Wrecto-1/Ecto-1 props have been spotted in the U.K. and in America recently... I suspect the Wrecto-1 prop that was on display at the Peterson Museum isn't on display anymore. The "Resurrecto-1" prop being filmed in New York doesn't appear to have any tell-tale mounting marks on the front bumper, so it may be that the car filming on 5th Avenue and near City Hall was the "patina" car the production bought, rather than the former Ecto-1A prop.
joezlo wrote: June 5th, 2023, 12:01 pm Also, I know everyone's been speculating about the clamshell; but I haven't seen the half dome in ANY photo so far at all...
Wasn't that originally supposed to be some kind of radar or antennae that stopped rotating during production?
Ecto24601 wrote: June 5th, 2023, 12:17 pm
Alphagaia wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 10:33 am

That's how they spell it in Germany. The inventors of the Fabled Weiner.
Unless that was a joke, Alphagaia...no no no no no no. Sorry but no. Need to give in that itch to correct this.
It's not spelled "Weiner" in Germany or German AT ALL. It's Wiener. Why? Actually "Wiener" is short for "Wurst, Wiener Art" which means "Sausage, Vienna style". Vienna=Wien.

Thank you for your attention everyone, please continue your GB4 conversation/discussion.
I stand corrected! Strange how the mind works, I was so sure I had to Google it , because I was sure you were mistaking, but I completely remembered it wrong.

My apologies!
I also noticed that the half-radar antenna was missing, so it's possible the new clamshell is an upgrade to that device.

Also, I found this video on Youtube:

The people in the video are very obnoxious in my opinion, but it's new footage of the car and the stunt doubles.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 5th, 2023, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
JonXCTrack wrote: June 5th, 2023, 1:20 pm I also noticed that the half-radar antenna was missing, so it's possible the new clamshell is an upgrade to that device.

Also, I found this video on Youtube:

The people in the video are very obnoxious in my opinion, but it's new footage of the car and the stunt doubles.
Very well could be, as the bottom of the clamshell device has the same black/yellow checker tape as the clear dish did.
RedSpecial liked this
Obnoxious is putting it mildly. Nice find though.
Kingpin, Corey91 liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:47 pm I found their source's account on Facebook, but unfortunately the video and photos aren't visible to people who aren't friends with him.
Now there's a fun challenge then. Easy to get around.
jonogunn wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:26 pm if they post pics of proton packs im gonna fall over and die
Does the Gunner Seat Proton Pack count? :)

Something I would like to see more of in "Firehouse": getting a look inside the equipment. The scene where Phoebe is working on Egon's Pack with him is one of my favourites from the film, firstly for the character moment, but also for getting a glimpse inside the gear. I'd like to have some moments where we can see either some of the other elements of the Pack, such as the Power Cell and Gear Box... Or the Ghost Traps, or even the P.K.E.
Kingpin wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:27 pm
jonogunn wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:26 pm if they post pics of proton packs im gonna fall over and die
Does the Gunner Seat Proton Pack count? :)

Something I would like to see more of in "Firehouse": getting a look inside the equipment. The scene where Phoebe is working on Egon's Pack with him is one of my favourites from the film, firstly for the character moment, but also for getting a glimpse inside the gear. I'd like to have some moments where we can see either some of the other elements of the Pack, such as the Power Cell and Gear Box... Or the Ghost Traps, or even the P.K.E.
It counts! but not enough to kill me...
Davideverona wrote: June 5th, 2023, 12:55 pm And what about Emily Lind sharing Bill Murray at a party on her Instagram stories?
So Bill Murray for Bill Murray to show up at a Kelis concert on June 3 at Brockwell Park, UK, and Emily Lind happens to be there to record some antics.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Davideverona, deadderek, jonogunn and 1 others liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]