For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
mrmichaelt wrote: January 19th, 2024, 5:06 am I can see where timeware is coming off. For the players who have been playing the game since day 1 and put in the mind-numbing effort to get the Level 100 Tenure 5 or whatever we're at, got all the contracts done. Then this comes up, $7 and 5 new patches. I'm sure some would rather do a new contract to get them. Idk, was that crazy talk? EH.
The DLC doesnt include tenure rewards, though?
As someone who has put in the "mind-numbing" effort to get to Lvl. 100, Tenure 5, I too have mixed feelings about this pack.

On the positive, I understand that game development isn't free, so if this pack can help support the next big expansion, I'm fine with that. It isn't breaking the bank, and trust me, I've gotten enough time with this game that i feel an extra 7 bucks isn't the end of the world.

On the other hand, I feel like this pack wasn't made with long time players in mind. It's for the people who just bought this game and rather not have to deal with some of the more "grindy" contracts in order to get their preferred gear shell. And that's cool, but as someone who's done it all, I feel like working towards those contracts was a fun and interesting way to get familiar with the game, and a great way to get old players back into the game in between updates. It made the grind to the next tenure level more enjoyable, its like "well, I'm already at level 50 after unlocking everything, might as well keep going." I feel like making everything auto-unlock is going to remove some of the fun of maxing out your character.

That being said, I don't think this effects Side Hustles, so i guess there's still those to work on, if they decide to keep some of the cooler cosmetics locked behind those.

All in all, it's not the worst DLC I've ever seen.
Kingpin, mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: January 19th, 2024, 5:06 am
zeta otaku wrote: January 19th, 2024, 2:17 am Pay for Advantage in a multiplayer game where balance is constantly being fought about would be terrible.
lol, imagine if they brought back Game Shark or Game Genie. That's basically what this pack is, instant gratification with no hard work done. I can see where timeware is coming off. For the players who have been playing the game since day 1 and put in the mind-numbing effort to get the Level 100 Tenure 5 or whatever we're at, got all the contracts done. Then this comes up, $7 and 5 new patches. I'm sure some would rather do a new contract to get them. Idk, was that crazy talk? EH.
So... I KINDA see where you're coming from... but you still need to put in work for the tenure stuff and equipment. Now, I'd be 100% with you if this unlocked all the gear mods or EVERYTHING for $7, but it's JUST cosmetics. I'm one of the guys that have been playing since minute 1. I've gotten to tenure 5 three times (I have a few copies of the game: PS5, Epic, Switch) and I have no problem with this pack. Hell, I bought it for my Epic account.

It doesn't break the game in any way, shape, or form. It doesn't give someone who bought it any kind of advantage in the game play like unbreakable tethers, inescapable traps, or infinite stamina (except having a few cool patches). It's nothing tasteless like putting Catt in a micro bikini. I guess I just see it as harmless overall. On the discord, a majority were in favor of paid cosmetic DLC and in this sense, it gives Illfonic some extra cash for development and makes them look good to their corporate masters.
mrmichaelt liked this
Sure there's pros and cons to this but it's a reasonable price. Im halfway to level 2 tenure and even that was a grind.
But coming from a casual player whos game constantly crashes this isn't a bad deal. Theres several contracts available that have impossible goals so I don't mind this option being available. Cheats that wont affect online play im all for it.
mrmichaelt liked this
Yeah, good points all around. It's not a deal breaker by any means. The rollout was just pretty random but after the DLC 4 and sweater snafu... shrug. I don't envy all the bowling pins they must be juggling just to cross the finish line every time they push out a DLC and patch.

Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 19th, 2024, 7:27 am The DLC doesnt include tenure rewards, though?
No.
timeware wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:33 pm Just purchased the DLC. My only nitpick is you can't change the equipment loadouts for each character. Either I'm missing something or haven't figured that out yet. Anyways if that's on Illfonic hopefully it gets addressed next patch update.
You can, you just sorta need to remember which loadout is which. I built 3 loadouts: my main loadout I use, a similar, but simplified loadout for the bots, a secondary build I swap to, and a "vanilla" build with no mods for when I get matched with lower level players. At your equipment bench, you can change and assign loadouts, but it's awkward to use at first.

DURING the match, you can swap your own loadout at the equipment cart, but there's a 1 minute cooldown once you do it, so be sure you know which loadout is which (hoping they allow us to name loadouts at some point).
timeware, mrmichaelt liked this
With the equipment loadouts I have two requests (which won’t happen but still…)

1. For players who don’t want the depth of customisation have say, four gear “presets” for the optimum choices as per the meta. Eg. Rift-Hunter, Ghost Chaser, Trapper etc.

2. Let us assign “shells” to character slots.

That would be the dream.
I hate having to select each achievement.

Like I have to select "go for" trap thrown 500 yrds before I get it.

I may have thrown the trap 5000000 yards before but never got the achievement because I just didn't bother to select it.

Games like this are fun when they automatically tell you your progress. Not when you have to individually select an achievement to go for out of like 300 achievements.

Edit: I played this game for the first time in a year. It's nowhere near as fun as I remember. I think players who go and buy it now would be disappointed. (I'm level 67)

There's no gratification to anything. You decide to be patient and hit the PKE burst exactly at the right time under the ghost when everyone is in position.

= Nothing happens.

It's almost as fun as walking around looking at the sets and ignoring everything happening around you. The ghost breaks the tether in 3 seconds and is gone anyway.
So here's what I'm guessing we're getting:

Ghosts:
Garraka as an overlord class, her(?) Unique attack will make ice spikes come out of the ground and trap busters and civilians caught by them for a few moments before the ice shatters.

Equipment:
Flying drone trap, like the RTV trap but can fly.

Cosmetics:
Parka top (red by default but with recolors)
Engineer corp arm patch
Frozen empire gear shells
Phoebe's, Trevor, Callie's, Lucky's and Gary's hair

Map: No idea what the new map could be.

Other: Maybe change Eddy's clothes to match the engineering corp uniform. Add the red stripes to ecto1's hood. To keep the game close to the new additions to cannon.

Things I'd like to see:
All the parkas from RGB episode "Cold Cash and Hot War." More clothes inspired by the Kenner toy line.
Those are pretty good guesses for Firehouse additions. It wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t get a map - but they hinted at a third floor before, right?

Now, I remember ages ago there was a screenshot of the SU firehouse with a different Ecto in it, like the OG rather than Afterlife or vice versa, and the assumption was this might be an unlockable customisation.

Imho to further the longevity - the Spores, Molds & Funghi you collect in game should double as a currency which can be exchanged for Firehouse customisable items. So we get 5-6 versions of the Ecto to choose from, maybe some different furniture setups, more easter egg items from the franchise…
RE: Maps

We may not get a new one, however, they have stated several times they want to make the ghost realm where you fight Samhain added and also have that fight be repeatable.

As for the trap drone... dear god no. The RTV is horrible already (fun to drive, but fundamentally the WORST trap option you can use) and the drone would be that, but in the air. 99.9% of the time, you're better off with a traditional trap as you're not completely removing a buster and proton stream from the equation.
mrmichaelt liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 1:53 pm A drone trap might work if it doesn’t actually trap, but instead if you successfully target a ghost it restricts their movement for a time, would be a good counter to the running meta, in other words an aerial stun or movement speed de-buff.
I mean, if it's a bot and not player controlled, sure, otherwise you have a running ghost AND short 1 buster
mrmichaelt liked this
The drone trap could work if they gave it an unlimited power source. Have it take the place of a player, being able to follow the ghost and alert other players to it's location. Illfonic should consider this but making the trap function as a regular trap needing to recharge. You can fly around all you want but make sure the trap has power.

An added challenge would be to keep it's operator from being slimed by the minions or ghost itself. A scared citizen could still collide with the operator causing momentary loss of the drone.
zeta otaku wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 11:31 am RE: Maps

We may not get a new one, however, they have stated several times they want to make the ghost realm where you fight Samhain added and also have that fight be repeatable.

As for the trap drone... dear god no. The RTV is horrible already (fun to drive, but fundamentally the WORST trap option you can use) and the drone would be that, but in the air. 99.9% of the time, you're better off with a traditional trap as you're not completely removing a buster and proton stream from the equation.
Yeah, if I'm right about a flying RTV drone, I wont ever use it. The only use case I can think of is the tall ceilings of the prison, museum or the theatre of the ship.
timeware wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 3:46 pm The drone trap could work if they gave it an unlimited power source. Have it take the place of a player, being able to follow the ghost and alert other players to it's location. Illfonic should consider this but making the trap function as a regular trap needing to recharge. You can fly around all you want but make sure the trap has power.

An added challenge would be to keep it's operator from being slimed by the minions or ghost itself. A scared citizen could still collide with the operator causing momentary loss of the drone.
There are still FAR too many negatives to it... I came up with a rework of the RTV where the RTV is more of a drone where it follows pings from the RTV's owner player. That way the Ghostbuster team still has a fully functional player AND it forces that player to actually ping... a skill I have found lacking in most public games XD

Regardless, we'll know soon what we're getting.
zeta otaku wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 12:57 am There are still FAR too many negatives to it... I came up with a rework of the RTV where the RTV is more of a drone where it follows pings from the RTV's owner player. That way the Ghostbuster team still has a fully functional player AND it forces that player to actually ping... a skill I have found lacking in most public games XD
Yeah, I'd prefer if you have the RTV it just follows you around the map like another NPC. But as a trade up for always having a moving trap by your side you have to like periodically take it back to the cart to recharge or something like that.

zeta otaku wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 12:57 am Regardless, we'll know soon what we're getting.
Like from an upcoming Wednesday stream? ;)

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]