c.fago wrote: January 16th, 2022, 4:56 pm If you mean wired to the gbfans wand light kit via the Auxiliary connection, I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure it would be less bright. I already wired a similar 12V led lamp via the Wand Tip connection to replace the wand tip expansion kit or the original 10mm RGB led. Since these connections only supply 3 volts, a 3 to 12V voltage booster is required, but even so the output power is not enough to get the full brightness of the lamp. A way should be found to run it directly at 12V. By eye I would say that through the Aux connection/voltage booster it can reach just a little more than half of its full brightness.
Yep and one way to run it at 12V would be to use a DPDT switch, that way you can control both the wand board and the 12V led at the same time, but separately. Image
Fett4real wrote: January 19th, 2022, 10:07 am What’s with the foam on the braces of the Alice frame?[/img]
It'll be there for the same reason there's foam on the top bar of the frame and on the top edge of the motherboard: comfort and protection of the wearer.
Fett4real wrote: January 19th, 2022, 10:07 am What’s with the foam on the braces of the Alice frame? Has anyone done this with theirs yet?
I have that on my Afterlife Pack I'm building. It's there to provide extra padding.
Fett4real liked this
By Dr.D
Has anyone had any luck identifying the other neutrona wand grip? Now that we know the wand on Egon's pack and the wand attached the gunner seat had different grips (thanks Making of book!) I was wondering if we've found a close approximation. The gunner seat wand grip looks almost like an older trench gun forearm. The segments seem larger than the grip on the Spengler wand to me.
Ecto_1X wrote: January 20th, 2022, 10:31 pm
mburkit wrote: January 19th, 2022, 4:48 pm

I have that on my Afterlife Pack I'm building. It's there to provide extra padding.
What kind of foam did you use? and what was the dimensions?
Its just neoprene. I think its probably 4mm thick. I picked mine up from a craft store, "Michaels". It was in the kids craft section.
mburkit wrote: January 25th, 2022, 5:03 pm
Ecto_1X wrote: January 20th, 2022, 10:31 pm

What kind of foam did you use? and what was the dimensions?
Its just neoprene. I think its probably 4mm thick. I picked mine up from a craft store, "Michaels". It was in the kids craft section.
Oh so both the insulation wrap and the padding on the alice frame are neoprene? If the Insulation wrap is 6mm, wouldn't the padding also be 6mm?
Ecto_1X wrote: January 25th, 2022, 6:57 pm
mburkit wrote: January 25th, 2022, 5:03 pm

Oh so both the insulation wrap and the padding on the alice frame are neoprene? If the Insulation wrap is 6mm, wouldn't the padding also be 6mm?
The neoprene on the ALICE Frame padding is different because it has fabric attached to it as well like the material they make scuba suits out of. The neoprene on the frame is just craft grade material without the fabric. It's probably 4mm thick if I had to guess.
Ecto_1X, Fett4real liked this
mburkit wrote: January 26th, 2022, 8:09 am
Ecto_1X wrote: January 25th, 2022, 6:57 pm

The neoprene on the ALICE Frame padding is different because it has fabric attached to it as well like the material they make scuba suits out of. The neoprene on the frame is just craft grade material without the fabric. It's probably 4mm thick if I had to guess.
So what would I need to buy? What is the width and length I would need?
Ecto_1X wrote: January 26th, 2022, 5:26 pm So what would I need to buy? What is the width and length I would need?
Do you have an A.L.I.C.E. frame? Measuring that should give you all the dimensions you need, then you can buy the foam in whatever sheets or strips it's sold in, and then cut it to the length required. :)
mburkit liked this
Welp, after some extensive discussions on Facebook, I think the consensus has shifted that the rubber hose on the split loom assembly was made by production, as DJ Chewie originally hypothesized. The piece of info that personally tipped the scale for me was that all of the pre-production concept art of the Phoebe pack in the Art book show that same design photoshopped into the art.

Literally the same image of the hose is photoshopped onto the pre-production concept art.

Between that and the stencil on the screen used prop is different than the font used by the company that sells that type of hosing also makes it seem like the hose seen on the prop was made by the production.

And thanks to DJ Chewie, I was able to update my own hose assembly:

Beyond the hose from DJ Chewie, I also weathered my oxygen hose. As seen in my original posts about parts, my hose was too dark green. So I ended up aging my hose with paint.

My second image shows the accurate ALICE Frame and ALICE straps for the Phoebe. Of course, since the production of Afterlife, Rothco has since changed the style of their ALICE Frames and straps. After buying 3 different sets of straps, I finally found a seller that had photos of the actual product they were selling. So good luck hunting for those!
Kingpin wrote: January 27th, 2022, 3:11 am
Ecto_1X wrote: January 26th, 2022, 5:26 pm So what would I need to buy? What is the width and length I would need?
Do you have an A.L.I.C.E. frame? Measuring that should give you all the dimensions you need, then you can buy the foam in whatever sheets or strips it's sold in, and then cut it to the length required. :)
Not yet, but just collecting information and getting a wishlist lol.
I realize this is a couple months after the fact, but was never answered.

halliwax - November 23rd, 2021, 8:08 pm
"i was up late last night trying to figure out how to make this connector work with the spongeface electronics kit.."

I have been considering that as well, while still using the Neutrik connectors. My idea is to hollow out the Neutrik pieces and replace the insides with a 14 pin circular cable connector, male/female respectively, as the Spongeface cable is 14 connector type. The same idea can be applied at the pack end of the hose, using the MS3102E16S-XXX parts. This allows the hose to be removed from both wand and pack, for ease of transport or storage.
Last edited by smrtazzsmrtgnnr on March 8th, 2022, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greg883 wrote: February 11th, 2022, 9:37 am Check the documentation for your sound/light kit....
As I don't have the kit yet, I was not aware of that pin config when I posted. Plus, I have already made the hose with all the connections and modified the Neutrik. 14 pin overkill? Maybe. Does it work? Well, all the connectors and cables are good to go and test as ready, so I will have to wait for the boards to ship/arrive and see. :crunch::mrgreen:
Ned_Figglehorn wrote: March 14th, 2022, 5:04 pm @Mburkit What type of hose or cable did you end up going with coming from the compression fitting on the side of the EDA? I haven't seen any photos showing that detail yet.
Unfortunately the forum doesn't work like Facebook or twitter where adding an "@" before a user's name gives them a tag notification. You'll need to send Matt a private message.
Ned_Figglehorn wrote: March 14th, 2022, 5:04 pm @Mburkit What type of hose or cable did you end up going with coming from the compression fitting on the side of the EDA? I haven't seen any photos showing that detail yet.
I just used some left over insulated wire from a black extension cord I had laying around. I also put some heat shrink wrap on it too. Nothing too special.
Ned_Figglehorn liked this
mburkit wrote: January 27th, 2022, 1:48 pm
And thanks to DJ Chewie, I was able to update my own hose assembly:

Beyond the hose from DJ Chewie, I also weathered my oxygen hose. As seen in my original posts about parts, my hose was too dark green. So I ended up aging my hose with paint.

Would you mind sharing how you aged your breathing tube with paint? I have the same one and like the look of yours! Thanks!
I had some cans of Krylon Camouflage khaki and Krylon Brown Boot. I first used the brown boot to beat back the deep green; then I used the khaki to lighten up the overall color of the hose. I think it turned out okay. The cloth material of the hose does soak up a ton of paint though, just as a heads up.
GB23, RedSpecial liked this
Random find today for those who are looking to do Afterlife style weathering.

I was looking at images of the Sentry Cannons being built for production and noticed a jar of silver paint in the corner of one of the photos. It's Rust-Oleum Metallic Accents Sterling Silver paint. It could be the same paint they used on the packs for the dry brush silver weathering, but also may not be....who knows! Looks to be out of stock everywhere and expensive, so I'll stick to my model paints.

Welsh Pirate, Jimsy33 liked this
Kingpin wrote:They look like they could be grub screws.
It does look like a hex shape, although the top doesn't seem to match the bottom. Hard to tell, even the high resolution version of the Tested photos are a little blurry here. They look rough like they were bolted in from the interior and then the ends cut off.

prodestrian wrote: June 20th, 2022, 6:53 am It does look like a hex shape, although the top doesn't seem to match the bottom
Looks like the lower one appears different because it's set further into the V-hook, and might not have as much of the filed curve visible like we can just see on the upper screw.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]