Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By LeoCor Replicas
SpaceBallz wrote: October 13th, 2023, 4:11 pm What's a "Hasbro 1027 Event"
Hasbro usually has a yearly event on the 27th of October (10/27) revealing new products like HasLabs and the like. I believe that's how they revealed the Proton Pack replica 2 years ago.
By ccv66
Yeah they're definitely doing PKE, I don't think I'd mind afterlife PKE.

I'll buy so many kenner traps if they redo it. They'll make Big stocking stuffers this Christmas. Please name another toy that was abused harder and still works and glows 40 years later
By prodestrian
Sorry everyone, your predictions are all wrong :lol:

Honestly though, I think they'd make a killing with either a PKE or Trap. They're much smaller than a pack, the only real challenge is that they have to do moving parts reliably (which were usually the first thing to break in the Matty and Spirit toys). They also have the huge number of fans who missed out on packs because they either weren't aware of HasLab at the time, or they weren't financially able to back it.
I'd be disappointed if it wasn't a prop, but I guess a Firehouse or Ecto is a possibility too.
ccv66, CaptainAssholay, SpaceBallz and 2 others liked this
By timeware
I'm not opposed to a PKE Meter as long as it's Afterlife and you can switch from 84 to Afterlife attatchments. I wouldn't be surprised with the slime nods in the video chances of a gigameter have gone up as well. I would love the hasbro slime attatchments to be made available for sale and in different colors. For a video production that invovled i'm still betting the Remote Control Trap is in our future.

Posted this without seeing that! Lol.
By mrmichaelt
Lot's of interesting nods and perhaps red herrings.

Maybe the nod at the Kenner Trap and P.K.E. Meter is hinting at at Hasbro Pulse Spengler's P.K.E. Meter and Trap set.

Maybe the display case hints at a Fright Features re-issue.

The pink slime attachment was a ???. No way they're doing a Slime Blower Haslab...
Kingpin liked this
By Alphagaia
At least, now that I know they are doing a bigger reveal later on, I'm guessing it's going to be the essential Ghostbusters kit, with working trap, pke meter and goggles.

Wand and pack sold separately.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
timeware wrote: October 13th, 2023, 7:50 pm We might not get the full blown slime blower, but I could see a maybe with the video gams mark II version.
That would be pretty rad if they thought that far ahead. Yes, they included the TVG SFX in the thrower and the pack's Egon's Journal has at least 1 nod to TVG -- but I'm skeptical unless the Slime Blower plays a role in the Afterlife sequel.

Alphagaia wrote: October 14th, 2023, 1:30 am At least, now that I know they are doing a bigger reveal later on, I'm guessing it's going to be the essential Ghostbusters kit, with working trap, pke meter and goggles.

Wand and pack sold separately.
That's a great theory!

jonogunn wrote: October 14th, 2023, 1:15 am Although fun, the teaser itself was too long. Dragged on especially for a nothing burger at the end
Well, sure but there's a lot of clues in it to mull over for 2 weeks. And it's certainly revived conversation in this thread and the Afterlife sequel thread.
timeware, Alphagaia liked this
By THawke
With the amount of Nerf items in the video, I wonder if they're going to release a Nerf proton pack. Fingers crossed for a Plasma series trap and PKE meter though.
zeta otaku liked this
By One time
The multiple scenes with the Hasbro PP white marshmallow attachment colored pink was scary. (alongside the numerous jars of pink slime). Specifically pink, not any other colored slime.

Why would they go to the trouble of painting a Hasbro PP marshmallow attachment pink and showing it in 2 scenes in the teaser?

There's no way an actual $600 slime blower is happening is it? (with stretch goals being a PKE and maybe a slime scoop) to make sure everyone buys it (if only for the PKE?)

I just don't get why they would feature the pink slime so prominently... and they said "BIG" so maybe slime blower afterall? It would be an easy way to get people to part with 600$ if a PKE is included in the stretch. Although it would smell of nasty Matty product strategy of coupling things people want with stuff that is a hard sell.

A nerf proton pack /slime blower I don't see happening (the nerf crowd is usually just in it for the hand held weapons) what would the pack be used for?
starburst liked this
By Astomp82
I think big = Stay Puft. A big Stay Puft figure/collectible. Like Star Wars Black Series Rancor. It was supposed to come with some figures as stretch goals like Jedi Luke. I could see them doing a Haslab giant Stay Puft with stretch goals of RGB figures or other toys.
oidoglr liked this
By Broccoli
I just have a feeling that after the non-announcement this weekend which is fueling all this speculation, the end result will be a huge disappointment for people. Like, it will end up being a Nerf gun with the GB logo slapped on it (which is fine, but not worth the hype).

It kinda reminds me of the GB event from a few years ago where it was teased and teased that something was coming, but it turned out to just be a showcase of things that were already shown.

I want to be wrong (and I probably am), but I'm just to cynical.
Astomp82 wrote: October 15th, 2023, 4:55 pm I think big = Stay Puft. A big Stay Puft figure/collectible. Like Star Wars Black Series Rancor. It was supposed to come with some figures as stretch goals like Jedi Luke. I could see them doing a Haslab giant Stay Puft with stretch goals of RGB figures or other toys.
Somehow I read that as a StayPuft HasLab with a Jedi Luke stretch goal - which is somehow hilarious to me.
By timeware
Does anyone think that there's the possibility of Hasbro doing an RGB proton pack? Would there be enough demand for such a thing?
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: October 16th, 2023, 10:12 am Does anyone think that there's the possibility of Hasbro doing an RGB proton pack? Would there be enough demand for such a thing?
A full size one? Not sure... It'd be awesome, and even I'd be tempted to get it... But I don't think there's be the guaranteed market like there was for the movie Pack.

As for a reissue of the classic Kenner Pack toy, I can see that happening, given they re-released the Ghost Popper which I doubt was high on many people's lists... I can see them potentially re-releasing the classic Kenner Proton Pack and P.K.E. Meter.
By VenomSymbiote
I want Plasma series RGB figures. Modern articulation, fully detailed RGB packs, and plasma series versions of the best spooks from the toon. The 4 busters, Sam Hain, Boogeyman. If they want to incorporate the whole BAF thing I guess make Slimer one of the normal figures with Sam Hain or Boogey being the BAF. I hate RGB Slimer though for taking over my favorite cartoon as a kid so I'd be ok not having to buy him. >_>
Kingpin liked this
By zeta otaku
timeware wrote: October 16th, 2023, 10:12 am Does anyone think that there's the possibility of Hasbro doing an RGB proton pack? Would there be enough demand for such a thing?

Odds are LOW, but it IS definitely a more simple design, so it's not totally out of the question. I can see them maybe doing an RGB thrower first to gauge interest.
By Alphagaia
I would say odds are very much zero, especially when they already made a simplified pack and thrower for the last movie.

I'm pretty sure they are promoting the new movie, which we know focuses on the Firehouse.
Ecto24601 liked this
By Prime 1986
On Entertainment Earth they have a Hasbro Drop Zone on the 27th. They have clues that seem to be references to Ghostbusters 2:

"Is it big, or small? Or both? You'll need to set up a reminder to find out, unless you want to reach out with your feelings and find out what you know to be true."

Lyrics from Doug E Fresh "Spirit":
"Sho' as I'm me and you should know you're you
Your spirit is the key to unlock the true you"
By deadderek
Prime 1986 wrote:On Entertainment Earth they have a Hasbro Drop Zone on the 27th. They have clues that seem to be references to Ghostbusters 2:

"Is it big, or small? Or both? You'll need to set up a reminder to find out, unless you want to reach out with your feelings and find out what you know to be true."

"Search your feelings, you know it to be true." Is what came to my mind...and that's Star Wars.
By RichardLess
Prime 1986 wrote: October 18th, 2023, 12:26 pm On Entertainment Earth they have a Hasbro Drop Zone on the 27th. They have clues that seem to be references to Ghostbusters 2:

You think that’s a reference to GB2? You’re grasping at straws.

Have you never seen Star Wars? “Reach out with your feelings” and “you will know it to be true” are quotes from those movies. They aren’t going to use lyrics from some song barely anyone is familiar with as a clue. I mean…Besides the words “you” and “true” how does that song even remotely relate to what they said?
By Kingpin
Prime 1986 wrote: October 18th, 2023, 12:26 pm On Entertainment Earth they have a Hasbro Drop Zone on the 27th. They have clues that seem to be references to Ghostbusters 2:

That's a variation of Darth Vader's line from Empire.
Prime 1986 liked this
By One time
What if it's a massive Firehouse playset for the Hasbro figures?

It kind of makes sense.

It's a product that could be sold now without spoiling anything from the new movie.

Possibly in 1984/1989 mode, with optional "click in" modules that can be purchased later with whatever the new movie changes inside the Firehouse (like a lab or gear or updated containment unit or whatever).

I have a feeling the 1984/1989 and 2023 Firehouse isn't going to be exactly the same.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]