Hey folks,

i hate all the plastic at the Matty-Trap, so i started to change the resistor with an "real" Gold-resisitor but not the "movieacurate".
Than i wish to change the handle with stuff made from Aluminium.
I bought a 20x20mm Amulinium-profile in ebay and filled and drilled it till it looks like the plastic one from the trap.

look here:

Kingpin liked this
Looks great! How easy was it to swap out the resistor? I have one sitting here and I thought about swapping it for a more accurate one but I am nervous about hacking away at the trap since I only have one and don't want to mess it up. Great idea about weathering the rods on the side! I will do that when I get home! I agree they are far too shiny out of the package.
hey guy,

it was easy to replace the resistor.
Only cut it with a dremel and glue the real on on the same plase with epoxy-glue etc.
Than i drilled the holes for the screws and glued the screws in, too.

The Weathering was easy: i painted the silver rods red and deleted the red paint on the places i want for the weathered look :-)
By Maverick1983
so guys,
i dont like the matty cable between the trap and pedal and it was much to short.

So now i put new connectors from cb-car-radios in trap and pedal and the female-part in the cable.
The cable is now 9.8feet long and the connectors can be screwed on so the trap cant trop off while posing.
Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand all :-)

Here are the pictures:

By Lundo12
That cable mod is amazing! I'd love to do it with mine!

I'm electronically incapable without specifics. Can you share where you got the parts and does it matter how its wired back in?
By Maverick1983
hm dont know if the wires matter.
I put the same colors togheter :sigh:

The parts are from a german electronic-shop, i look in Ebay for it and share the link
By Maverick1983
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

so, the right name is Microphone connectors, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-set-5-Pin-Mal ... 305wt_1141

hope it is ok to out the Ebay-Link? :whatever:
By lukes86
what I mean is I would pay you to make one for me. :cool: Payment would include:

1. Cost of matty trap
2. Cost of parts
3. Cost of labor aka paying for your labor
4. Shipping
By Maverick1983
ououou guy, believe me, you wont pay the price for a mattytrap in germany.
think its easier to buy a trap yourself in US, buy the parts you need (see my post) and i will help you in chat or in the threat with connecting.
Its really easy, put the trap togehther, cut the cables and give every cable a number. every cable has an own color.
Than do the same in the pedal.
remember the numbers and colors and connect the cable between trap an pedal :sigh:
By CPU64
One would imagine it to be more cost effective to use switches already made, which would be accurate, than to make up your own frankenswitch..

Oh and that 4-pin plug you used is the same one I had in my old pack, connecting the gun hose to the spacer. Very handy :)
By Maverick1983
Hey guys,
some news :-)

NOW my Mattytrap is ready. I delete the plastik side plates and replace with Aluminium.
Now the trap has a wight from 1,9kg and feels so real. No more Toy-Look and -feel.

Thanks to my friend that cut the aluminium with CNC, it fits so perfect.

Think i dont need more words, look for the pictures:

By Maverick1983

someone out there who can make me all the Trap-Decals?
The big red warning on the back, the small red warning on the top, the white length on the right

thats the decals i need.

Thanks and best regards
Sutton621 liked this
By Lundo12
I believe Crix at one point made those or does to some extent if my memory serves me correctly. If not I'm fairly certain i have those still lying around. I won't be home until the weekend to check though.
By Kingpin
5k.n1ght wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 5:39 am Hi, are you still active on here? I have a matty trap and wanting to do the same mods but I need some guidance into doing it
According to Maverick's account they haven't logged in since February. While it's possible they might frequent the forum again, with 9 months having elapsed the possibility has grown less likely. :sigh:
5k.n1ght liked this
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]