Hey folks this is the concept Hummer i designed and then ghostbusterfied it !! hope you GB fans like it tell me what u think!! as this would be great for my presentation i have to give on it for my presentation for university thanks!!!

jdesign
Last edited by jdesign on May 19th, 2007, 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
That is frigin awesome!!!

Reminds me of something you'd see in GBIII if it ever came out...

Me and my crew had been talking about updated Ectos and we got into a discussion about "field vehicles" like if a ghost was in the middle of the woods, the hearse wouldn't suffice to go out there, but a Jeep would! So we got to talking about different cars for different uses...I can see this Ecto-Hummer being one of those, awesome!
jdesign wrote: [
I thought it had an aggresive look like hummers do ??? or are all Hummers ugly??

The original hummer was bad-ass looking.... as in if someone runs into you, you would never know it. But they were essentially tanks... not good for urban environments, and really only good for wide-open natural areas (doesn't go between trees real well).

There is also very little room inside the H1 for anything but the engine and tranny, they take up most of the interior.

As far as the H2... it looks like a freakin' toy and is nothing more than an obnoxiously huge shell mounted onto a regular old Tahoe. Seriously.

The H3 is better... it is what the H2 should have been.... would save us all a lot of grief and energy put into rolling our eyes whenever an H2 drove by.

Your concept design, while certainly developed and futuristic, looks to me a lot like an H2 crossed with a streetsweeper, mainly because of the pod on the back.

I'm not a real fan of the Hummer concept of an ecto, but your actual model is cool, and I am interested in how you made it, what it is made out of, and what was the class you were making it for. What was your grade, what was the reaction you recieved?
boomerjinks wrote: I'm not a real fan of the Hummer concept of an ecto

oh i dunno, i think an ecto humvee could be kinda badass if done right

...and before anyone says it, yes there is a difference between humvee and hummer; humvees are the originals
The model is a 10th scale and is mainly made out of a modeling wood called jealtong ,with a layer of body filler for a smooth finish, most of the black sections are made from mdf. then there is polished aluminium and various plastic parts. The wheels are jeaultong and rubber sections for the grip. This is all made by hand and took me over a month to build, this is the majoir project for my product design degree so far pepole love it because its so detailed and its "hummer look" as for my mark i dont now yet but ill let u know when i do thanks for ur intrest.
boomerjinks wrote:
jdesign wrote: [
I thought it had an aggresive look like hummers do ??? or are all Hummers ugly??

The original hummer was bad-ass looking.... as in if someone runs into you, you would never know it. But they were essentially tanks... not good for urban environments, and really only good for wide-open natural areas (doesn't go between trees real well).

There is also very little room inside the H1 for anything but the engine and tranny, they take up most of the interior.

As far as the H2... it looks like a freakin' toy and is nothing more than an obnoxiously huge shell mounted onto a regular old Tahoe. Seriously.

The H3 is better... it is what the H2 should have been.... would save us all a lot of grief and energy put into rolling our eyes whenever an H2 drove by.

Your concept design, while certainly developed and futuristic, looks to me a lot like an H2 crossed with a streetsweeper, mainly because of the pod on the back.

I'm not a real fan of the Hummer concept of an ecto, but your actual model is cool, and I am interested in how you made it, what it is made out of, and what was the class you were making it for. What was your grade, what was the reaction you recieved?

Part of the design brief was to make it Feasible for the Inevitable merchandising, the reason for the pod on the back is that its articulated for maximum off road capability. Thanks for u comments! these help me alot!!!!!!

I know you didn’t ask me, but here&rsquo[…]

The Video Game Lifegard

I made one a few years ago using a Lifegard IV and[…]

On one screw when I was drilling out the plug I we[…]

Only downside is they’ll likely be so expens[…]