Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By GBFans
This topic was created to leave feedback for ryan3417.

Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relavent to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven't had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
By TK-194
Hi there ghostheads!

I received my newest prop and I would like to share some things about it, with you all. So, I have just decided to show this up and write a small review about this prop I ordered.

This is my brand new Ecto Goggles, made by "ryan3417".

The guy has great customer service, fast email communications and as soon as you have your payment confirmed, he reports you the date your order will ship (and, with me, he did not failed it!). Package arrived in about 20-25 days after shipment. Very well packaged and ready-to-wear.

About the prop itself:

In a first look, the prop looks very sturdy. The main body (frame), accord to seller, were produced by a professional resin caster from a real AN/PVS-5A facemask. It has been painted flat black inside and military olive drab on the outside.

I can actually see through these goggles when wearing them and the viewing camp is AWESOME. I'm not sure if my eyes fit perfectly in the holes, but when I tried it, I had a great horizontal viewing camp! Of course, you need to look down to see the ground. So, I recommend not to use it when walking (you'll need to lok down).

The lenses themselves include real brass thumb screws and, accord to seller, the faceplate includes screen accurate socket cap screws which have real rust and distressing for an authentic look. The side knobs are resin casts and accurate to the film as well. Resin cast battery cover and dummy ON/OFF knob complete the exterior detailing.

On the backside of the frame we have a foam face padding on the forehead and nose sections. Accord to seller it is screen accurate, but this is a point I'll need to work. It hurts a bit. There is no comfort in this, so, I'm planning oto order the full facemaks foam, to add and then be able to wear it without any pain.

Additionally, a custom elastic 3 point harness is included to ensure it fits faces of all sizes and is a fixed with real brass snaps (harness is removable, but not adjustable). I guess I can "work it out" and customize it, to fit my head, but the harness seller sent is not bad (maye a 7 to 8 grade).

Electronics:

These goggles are decked out with two SUPER BRIGHT (15,000MCD) green LED’s inside the each lens for an awesome scanning effect. Additionally, there is a bright RED blinking LED on the top to simulate scanning is in progress and also to let you know the power is on.

All LED’s are powered by one 9volts battery (that is included!) stowed inside the goggle frame and out of the way along with a discreet, unobtrusive power switch. No pesky button batteries here!

All wiring is soldered with resistors for worry free operation. Accord to seller, the electronics in these goggles will allow you to run them for several hours concurrently before needing a battery change.

Enough talking. Time to see some photos from prop!

Soon I'll post a video here, to let you all see the google in my hands and the lights on.

Please, feel free to post your comments.

Thanks!
Last edited by Vincenzo330 on October 19th, 2011, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Sales link removed and thread sent to feedback
By TK-194
I forgot to mention: if you know someone who sells a good full facemask foam for AN/PVS-5A night vision goggles, please, give me the directions via PM, because I want to order one to improve my goggles.

Thanks!!!
By ryan3417
Thanks for taking the time to write this review TK! I'm so glad you're enjoying them and that they arrived safely.

I also appreciate the feedback on the face pad - i considered doing a full contact padding (which i've done in previous runs) but i wanted to make these as authentic as possible to the original film (minus the lights :blush: )

Break free from traditional dating norms and embra[…]

I'd love a photo of how you wired up the charging […]

Holy Heisenberg! The Diamond Select figures were […]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

So, I have a Matty trap I've retired with the Two […]