By AJ Quick
Hey guys.

The Ecto-1 App has been updated in the Android Marketplace.

It now features the most requested, Set as Ringtone and Set as Notification features, as well as the ability to launch the new Ghostbusters Fans app from this app.

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ecto1siren
By xtrmn8r17
Testing! Works! And I like how it says what phone you are using! Woot!

U guys seriously need to download this app! I wasn't really a believer until I installed it and started using it. It's a super fast n clean app that works like a charm! No more trying to hassle my way thru the full site on my phone.

Thanks AJ, more people need to get on this app!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By pir8capn
Awwww man. Just got a new phone and the app is no longer on Google Play. Copyright issues? Man, my 4 year old is gonna be so sad. For the past 8 months, he has me play "Cleanin' up the Town" while we play the siren on the way to school. Any chance it'll show up in another form, like, I dunno "Ghost Emergency Siren" or something? Seriously, that app made both our days.
By RichLather
Bumping because I followed a link here from the Bustin' 911 thread, hoping that the app had been resurrected, or at least had an APK file released of just the siren.

I am disappoint.
By AJ Quick
APK is here: http://www.gbfans.com/ectosiren.apk

To install, make sure install from unknown sources is turned on.

I still believe the take down from Google Play was not justified and was wrong. Unfortunately while Google is quick to take down an app, they are slow to reinstate it. Some research has shown that they take months to reinstate, even though they claim it only takes a few days.
RichLather liked this
By pir8capn
AJ. THANKS so much for posting the APK. When I changed phones, my son stopped asking me to play "Cleanin' Up the Town" because we couldn't play the siren any more. Seriously, thanks in a big way.

I never had an excuse to NOT be a member anyway, but this nailed it. I just joined. It's the whole community groove of this site that makes it such a great place to spend time on.

Thanks again, AJ for all that you do here.
So does the actual Ecto siren flow or have clean breaks between the looping? You don't get to hear it much in the movies, it always has music blaring over it.
It flows quite well; I have the app on my phone and actually used it on my car's loudspeaker a few weeks ago. It worked so well that I wanted to put it on my tablet too, and use that in-car instead of the Ecto sound chip I have (AAA battery wires broken for the time being).

AJ, thank you for the APK.
By DefenderDarko
He means the higher pitched rapid siren that plays during the big montage scene. You hear it during that shot where you see the car turn and the negative is flipped. It's a totally different siren, probably added in post production way later.
By tulsaecto1
TexasBuster is right ! I'm refering to the one that is in the Montage... I think it would be cool to be able to play both...

Thanks for the quick response guys.... AND I CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH, THANK YOU FOR THE APP !!! Used it to death in a car show for Cancer patients yesterday afternoon... the siren really got those smiles going...
Having a bit of trouble with the app after downloading the apk file. The siren doesn't keep looping. It just goes once and starts. I took a video of what I mean.

I know this app is rather old and all. I have it set for unauthorized apps. I'm on kitkat but was just wondering if anyone else encounter this problem and knows a fix??

Thanks guys. I'll try some more stuff on my end.
Thanks for the reply AJ. I had a friend download it on one that has a new OS than Kitkat and they can get it to work too.

I can't for the life of me figure out why it's doing this. :( I tried rebooting the tablet, uninstalling and reinstalling.

It should work but instead I get this: https://www.facebook.com/ieatmousetraps ... nref=story

Despite me not being able to get it to work- you did an awesome job. Hopefully I can figure it out before the 4th.
Took the tablet back and changed to a different model, I got the Asus K01A. This new one works fine.

I guess that'll teach me to try to catch a deal at Micro center- so for future reference to anyone looking to get a cheap tablet just to run the Ecto siren like i did- stay away from Azpen Innovation A741.

Thanks AJ!
Still works, just installed it on my new phone last month, just follow the instructions below!
AJ Quick wrote:APK is here: http://www.gbfans.com/ectosiren.apk

To install, make sure install from unknown sources is turned on.

I still believe the take down from Google Play was not justified and was wrong. Unfortunately while Google is quick to take down an app, they are slow to reinstate it. Some research has shown that they take months to reinstate, even though they claim it only takes a few days.
Toolride liked this

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]