For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
By Hunterhawk
This might sound a little strange, but bear with me folks. I've been a fan of ghostbusters since as far back as I can remember, and I mean litterally, I CANT remember the first time I saw the movies or the show. It's always been a part of who I am. Needless to say I was THRILLED when I found this community, a long time ago, but never the less, I feel I must finally ask this question...

Is there ANYONE who lives in salt lake, or even UTAH for that matter who likes ghostbusters?! Honestly, I've spent my entire life in this valley, and I have not met ONE person even remotely interested in it, most people I've met havn't even SEEN the movie.. It's horrible I tell you! HORRIBLE!!! I get SHUNNED for liking it so much... this is no way for a ghosthead to live Itell you... no way at all.

The reason I bring this up now is that It's halloween tomorrow, and naturally I cracked out the ol' (far too big now) flightsuit and stuited up, checked what little equipment I have and so on and so forth.. my freinds and family laugh at me and question it with all sincerity. Then I saw a few pictures of fans together, and I couldn't help but wonder... where are my fellow ghostbusters!? Am I all alone in this place? Am I really the only one? Honestly... it's terrible I tell you. I was even mocked by a TREKKIE!!!!! A TREKKIE!!!!! Can you beleive that?

Anyway, I guess I'll discontinue my ranting, I'm fairly sure my point has gotten across.

Happy halloween fellow 'busters!
By toa_aotearoa
You're not alone, my brother! Though, I do feel your pain.

Long story short:
I'm a native NorCal'ian; during my Junior and Senior year, I graduated from West High in '91; worked in SLC again from '97 to '00 and moved back; visit my fam-bam up in the Ave's every once in while, kick it with my cousins at BYU every so often, come down for General Conference Sessions every once in a while, you know the deal.

But yeah, I know that I'm in the minority when I start spinning tales about when I'm gonna start building my first pack, cuz all I get are... "Are you serious???" But, to be honest, I know it'll be all worth while once I start the pack up and start winning costume contests!

But, as far as your predicament (sp?), I think you're just around the wrong part of SLC. I know that if you're in the Dead Goat Saloon, you'll definitely get cheers instead of jeers. Basically, your friends are giving you a naturally jealous reaction cuz you've spent so much energy on one day of the year that everyone else overlooks as just a day to eat candy. But, if your equipment makes everyone else in the room look stupid, then it's all worth it! That's basically what helps me continue my goal of making my first pack.

Good luck, brudda, and Happy Halloween!

//tomasi
By Master Taran
I'm from Utah. I live in Layton (if you don't know where it is, it's just south of Ogden, and about 30-45 minutes north of SLC). I even started up a thread for Utah Ghostbusters, but got no response. That doesn't necessarily mean that GB fans are not to be found; I guess they just don't know about this site. Or, perhaps they just aren't quite as excited about it as we are (not every one who likes GB has a desire to have their own equipment).
By Hunterhawk
Well atleast someone is alive and bustin' out here besides me. I personally live in Sandy at the moment, but yeah... This lonely buster is off to do a bit of trick or treatin' (yes I still do, after 18 years) with a few freinds and they shal ENVY my gear.. ENVY I SAY... though... my proton pack is an alice frame connected to a black backpack with caribeaners... I didn't get to finish my pack this year... again... *sigh* Plus I have to stop and get new gloves from home depot, I left my pair in my girlfreinds car last night. Anyway thanks guys.
By giantsloar
Mocked by a Trekkie?!? :shock: Man thats rough.
By rory316
I live in utah county..am an avid ghosthead. But alot of my friends/family are too.....not to my extent though. I am currently working on my pack, its almost done
By Sketch
Heh- funny. A year later and I find this topic. I live down in Provo right now, plus there is Ou7of7ime and SlimeGuy down here too. In Salt Lake Valley there is Mavric1983. By now you've probably met most of us though, assuming
By GB2032DKM
Sketch wrote:Heh- funny. A year later and I find this topic. I live down in Provo right now, plus there is Ou7of7ime and SlimeGuy down here too. In Salt Lake Valley there is Mavric1983. By now you've probably met most of us though, assuming

Holy crap......Did you forget about my group too? LOL. It's all good.

Nothing but love for ya Bro. :)
By Sketch
GB2032DKM wrote:
Sketch wrote:Heh- funny. A year later and I find this topic. I live down in Provo right now, plus there is Ou7of7ime and SlimeGuy down here too. In Salt Lake Valley there is Mavric1983. By now you've probably met most of us though, assuming

Holy crap......Did you forget about my group too? LOL. It's all good.

Nothing but love for ya Bro. :)

Gah! Hahah- sorry guys. My brain's completely gone. Must be this crazy production we're working on. How's yours coming?
What are usernames for everyone else in your crew? Are they all on here?
By GB2032DKM
Sketch wrote: Gah! Hahah- sorry guys. My brain's completely gone. Must be this crazy production we're working on. How's yours coming?
What are usernames for everyone else in your crew? Are they all on here?

No worries. :) I am the only one listed for our crew on here. I keep bugging them to log in. Our film is still in planning stages and still trying to get gear.

Also, Ecto is still in the shop getting an overhaul, but I have been putting time in our local charity and trying to promote it.

Let me know if I can help you guys out.
By EJLambert
I'm new to Utah AND Prop building. I constructed a cheap and easy pack for halloween 09. I'm still in the process of building a more accurate pack for this year. I'm with most of you here, I've been a fan since I was little and I've always wanted a proton pack. (my wife says it's a shame it isn't a real profession!)
At some point I'll post pics of my old pack, or just document the process of building my new one.
By Sketch
thabooglio wrote:I'm new to Utah AND Prop building. I constructed a cheap and easy pack for halloween 09. I'm still in the process of building a more accurate pack for this year. I'm with most of you here, I've been a fan since I was little and I've always wanted a proton pack. (my wife says it's a shame it isn't a real profession!)
At some point I'll post pics of my old pack, or just document the process of building my new one.
Where are you at man?
By EJLambert
Sketch wrote:
thabooglio wrote:I'm new to Utah AND Prop building. I constructed a cheap and easy pack for halloween 09. I'm still in the process of building a more accurate pack for this year. I'm with most of you here, I've been a fan since I was little and I've always wanted a proton pack. (my wife says it's a shame it isn't a real profession!)
Where are you at man?

Good question. I kid, of course. I'm living in Taylorsville. :cool:
By SlimeGuy
thabooglio wrote:
Good question. I kid, of course. I'm living in Taylorsville. :cool:
Really!? That is hilarious! Sketch, Mavric and I were all about 5 minutes from your place last night! We had a guys' night with a buddy of ours out that way. It really is a small... Valley.
By EJLambert
Ah yes, small place it is. I should get around to filling out my bio and posting pics instead of being obscure.
By EJLambert
incase you were not aware; radio from hell name-dropped the SLC Ghostbusters this morning. Kerry mentioned you first naturally.
By SlimeGuy
thabooglio wrote:incase you were not aware; radio from hell name-dropped the SLC Ghostbusters this morning. Kerry mentioned you first naturally.
Wait... What? I was not aware. What did they say? Are we going to have to go into hiding again?
By EJLambert
Haha! No. Apparently Gina's lil Mohammed was talking about the ghost in his room. Bil then went into how Poultergiest started the same way. Kerry chimed in saying he has his ghostbusting gear and used that to chase monsters out of the room of his godchild. Then he mentioned you guys, Bill saying he has a copy of the fanfilm and then they talked about how the guys in the "Ghostbuster Club" were real nice. Take a bow fellas!
By henmillersa
I had an interesting sighting Saturday evening 9/18. I’m off taking a stroll down 300 S when I’m seeing a figure walking towards me in a jumpsuit. I’m facing the sun, so I can’t make out too many details. I could see he had a belt on with something off to the side, so I’m guessing some kind of utility service guy. As I get closer I can see a familiar looking black name tag, but I could not read it. Then I’m noticing the belt gizmo and lifeguard. Just as I passed him I could see the name on the name tag was Sketch.
By Fleshcleaver
henmillersa wrote:I had an interesting sighting Saturday evening 9/18. I’m off taking a stroll down 300 S when I’m seeing a figure walking towards me in a jumpsuit. I’m facing the sun, so I can’t make out too many details. I could see he had a belt on with something off to the side, so I’m guessing some kind of utility service guy. As I get closer I can see a familiar looking black name tag, but I could not read it. Then I’m noticing the belt gizmo and lifeguard. Just as I passed him I could see the name on the name tag was Sketch.
Yep, we were there. It was a blast! Thanks to everyone who stopped to say hi to us!
By EJLambert
Sometime, I'll crawl out of my apartment and meet you guys.
By mavric1983
Remember folks, Ghostbusters SLC is hiring! We are always looking for anyone who wants to come out, hang out, dress up, and help raise moneys for charities! Oh yeah, and we talk GB from time to time too..... :sigh:

ANYWAY, if you are interested, We all will be at the American Fork Haunted Forest Saturday, Oct 30th from 8pm till midnight! We want to meet prospective fans and members...that is actually how we met Rory Hardy and Johnathan Bell was thru the Forest last year! It is a lot of fun, a great show we do, and we can always use help raising money for the Utah Food Bank!

Come Out, and let's all have a BLAST!!!!
By EJLambert
Any events for the holiday season, gentlemen?
By Fleshcleaver
thabooglio wrote:Any events for the holiday season, gentlemen?
Not as of yet. We should do something though. It would be nice to just hang out at least.
By split80
Yo!!! Salt Lake guy here!! Biggest GB fan ever since I was a kid :) Planning on starting to build my own equipment and everything one day. Would be fun to chat GB sometime. :D
By Sketch
For sure man! Check us out on Facebook! Our links all all in my signature, so just scroll over 'em and check them out!

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]