For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By peeps420
Hi! As a couple people may know, there is a new convention heading to Chicago called Cyphan. It is a Costuning convention.run by a member of the 501st Midwest Garrison( which I also belong to). I've been doing some talking with him and he put me in charge of getting a lage contingent of Ghostbusters there for a special and unique "Role playing Scenerio" where we would be the heroes and have to save the convention goers. The convention is the weekend of June 25, 2010.

If you have any questions or would be interested in participating, please eithe PM me or message me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ID3052 .

My only request is that you have either a "Canon" KAKHI (GB1 style) or GREY (GB2 style) jumpsuit and have a pack with a light kit in it. Sound kit is prefered, but not nessecary. Also, while I respect everyones packs and gear, I'd prefer film only equipment ( pack, slime blower, pke...).

Again, please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Steve
By peeps420
Actually, We're working with a hollywood special effects guy to make this as fun as possible.

I know it's not everyone's idea of something that they'd want to do, but based on the plans, it should be pretty cool. Besides, I've made it a point to not be a part of things if I personally think that it'll be a flop. So take that for what it's worth...

Steve
By peeps420
To give a little more detail, at the end of one of the nights, there will be a "Zombie Walk" that will take over the convention center. He's working with a hollywood makeup/ special effects guy on it and he actually wants the Ghostbusters (us) to be involved with this in "Stoping" the Zombies. I'm working with the special effects guy to accomplish it.

If anyone here would want to be a part of it, please let me know!

Steve
By Borzou
peeps420 wrote:
My only request is that you have either a "Canon" KAKHI (GB1 style) or GREY (GB2 style) jumpsuit and have a pack with a light kit in it. Sound kit is prefered, but not nessecary. Also, while I respect everyones packs and gear, I'd prefer film only equipment ( pack, slime blower, pke...).
What do you mean, "canon"? For example, I wear a rothco suit that many may not consider canon, but it is pretty close in my opinion.
By Ronnyboy
Sounds interesting, I am currently working on a screen accurate slimeblower and I could possibly make this. What else would I need on my costume to make it into this?
By peeps420
To address the concern brought up. By "cannon" I mean no blue, black, green or Rubies Jumpsuits. I'm not going to turn someone away just because they have a rothco suit. If it isn't the same exact type of suit but it has the right patches, collor and looks pretty damn close, I'll take it! I've scratch built packs and upgraded uniforms before and have been around here long enough to know how the Ghostbusters props and uniform can be. If it isn't exactly right but looks pretty damn close, I'll have no problem with it. I know that nobodys gear (mine included) is perfect. I'm just asking for the closest to the screen versions as possible.

Ronny, Just use all the resources avalable to you on the site and finish up the Slime blower! I hope to see you there!

On another note. I'm also working on a potential panel with the GB fan community that talks about propbuilding and costuming.

Steve
By SpenglerTheWrangler
This doesn't sound like one of those events were you can just come dressed in custom outfits. More like it has to be semi-accurate to the movie versions. Kind of detours me from going unless I am misunderstanding something.
By secrecyguy
Sounds like fun! I wish I live around that area!

But what do you mean by this... ?
peeps420 wrote:Also, while I respect everyones packs and gear, I'd prefer film only equipment ( pack, slime blower, pke...).
Does that mean you won't show their faces at all on camera?

Well, if I did live in that area, I probably have 2nd thoughts about going to it.

But I'm sure you will still find people who want to go to it without having their face shown on camera.
SpenglerTheWrangler wrote:This doesn't sound like one of those events were you can just come dressed in custom outfits. More like it has to be semi-accurate to the movie versions. Kind of detours me from going unless I am misunderstanding something.
I was going to go to this because I live in driving range, but as soon as I read the qualifications of everything. I just completely didn't even want to go, at all. Not to even hang out. While I do have a movie quality pack with lights and sound, and movie quality PKE Meter. My suit is NOT died grey, even though in pictures I have of me next to Ernie Hudson http://www.indianaghostbusters.com/phot ... ncon-2005/ (i am on left) my suit looks almost exactly the same as his only newer. And he told us that the suit he is wearing was the one from the first movie and you could tell it, cause the fabric was tattered and it looked old.
Anyway I think people that come up with their own ideas are great and I love to meet them. And if they aren't going to be allowed then I want any part of it. Peeps just made me feel like if I didn't meet his qualifications then I wasn't even welcome to come hang out in uniform and enjoy the con.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]