By tobycj
They were silver across the hero, stunt and foam traps in GB2, so it seems to have most likely been a creative decision. There were other cosmetic changes made, along with a totally different trap pedal, so seems very unlikely to have been a mistake by the prop makers.
LeoCor Replicas liked this
By LeoCor Replicas
There's also a trap that Ray is holding during the montage sequence in GB1 that has yellow side tubes. I'm not sure if that was an accident or creative decision, but there have been at least 3 different color variations on the side tubes. I don't know if there has ever been a canon explanation for either the function of the tubes, or why there are different colors.
By One time
tobycj wrote: September 13th, 2023, 9:38 am They were silver across the hero, stunt and foam traps in GB2, so it seems to have most likely been a creative decision. There were other cosmetic changes made, along with a totally different trap pedal, so seems very unlikely to have been a mistake by the prop makers.
Very sorry if this is a dumb question, but what was different in the pedal in GB2 vs GB1.

I know one of the screen used traps (navy blue flight suit running into the jewelerry shop in GB2, Egon holding trap) was smaller than the GB1 traps (same trap the Matty trap is based on).

But I didn't know the pedal was totally different.
By Kingpin
One time wrote: September 18th, 2023, 2:50 pm But I didn't know the pedal was totally different.
I'm not sure what tobycj is referring to, as beyond a few variations in the proportions of the base, and in some of the greeblie components, the Trap pedal in Ghostbusters II closely followed the design of the pedal in the first movie... It was in Ghostbusters: Afterlife where the Pedal of the Trap holding Vinz was modified substantially from the familiar design.
By tobycj
One time wrote: September 18th, 2023, 2:50 pm
tobycj wrote: September 13th, 2023, 9:38 am They were silver across the hero, stunt and foam traps in GB2, so it seems to have most likely been a creative decision. There were other cosmetic changes made, along with a totally different trap pedal, so seems very unlikely to have been a mistake by the prop makers.
Very sorry if this is a dumb question, but what was different in the pedal in GB2 vs GB1.

I know one of the screen used traps (navy blue flight suit running into the jewelerry shop in GB2, Egon holding trap) was smaller than the GB1 traps (same trap the Matty trap is based on).

There only seems to have been one pedal for each movie. It'd be easier to list what WAS the same than what changed!

They were both wooden bases, with a metal plate over the bottom, and a metal bumper round the front and sides. The shape of the base changed between films, and the GB1 pedal had a wooden spacer between the smaller Hammond box and the metal bumper, which was incorporated into the main pedal base for GB2. The screws on the base and bumper changed from flat head to Phillips, and the placement changed too. The GB1 pedal seemed to use steel Foster connectors, whereas GB2 used brass. The d-sub and connectors were totally different, GB1 used 26 pin ribbon cable versus 20 pin for GB2. The bellows under the pedal plate was totally different, and set further back in GB2. The GB1 pedal had a resistor under the pedal that the red and yellow tubing connected to, whereas this was absent in GB2 and the tubing just went into the wooden base. The bullet catch in the recess below the hinge looks like it may have changed too. The relay was glued directly to the larger Hammond box in GB1, and in GB2 used a relay socket instead. The white label on the side of the Hammond box changed. The legris straight on the smaller Hammond box changed from a round one, to a hex one too, and it seems the banjo changed from a legris to a nycoil banjo. That's everything I can think of off the top of my head.
One time, stewartmacm liked this
By tobycj
Kingpin wrote: September 18th, 2023, 4:19 pm
One time wrote: September 18th, 2023, 2:50 pm But I didn't know the pedal was totally different.
I'm not sure what tobycj is referring to, as beyond a few variations in the proportions of the base, and in some of the greeblie components, the Trap pedal in Ghostbusters II closely followed the design of the pedal in the first movie... It was in Ghostbusters: Afterlife where the Pedal of the Trap holding Vinz was modified substantially from the familiar design.
By totally different I meant it was a completely new build, with a lot of differences, rather than refitted like the hero packs and some of the traps were.
By One time
tobycj wrote: September 18th, 2023, 4:29 pm

There only seems to have been one pedal for each movie. It'd be easier to list what WAS the same than what changed!

They were both wooden bases, with a metal plate over the bottom, and a metal bumper round the front and sides. The shape of the base changed between films, and the GB1 pedal had a wooden spacer between the smaller Hammond box and the metal bumper, which was incorporated into the main pedal base for GB2. The screws on the base and bumper changed from flat head to Phillips, and the placement changed too. The GB1 pedal seemed to use steel Foster connectors, whereas GB2 used brass. The d-sub and connectors were totally different, GB1 used 26 pin ribbon cable versus 20 pin for GB2. The bellows under the pedal plate was totally different, and set further back in GB2. The GB1 pedal had a resistor under the pedal that the red and yellow tubing connected to, whereas this was absent in GB2 and the tubing just went into the wooden base. The bullet catch in the recess below the hinge looks like it may have changed too. The relay was glued directly to the larger Hammond box in GB1, and in GB2 used a relay socket instead. The white label on the side of the Hammond box changed. The legris straight on the smaller Hammond box changed from a round one, to a hex one too, and it seems the banjo changed from a legris to a nycoil banjo. That's everything I can think of off the top of my head.
Awesome thanks! I never knew that
tobycj liked this
By stewartmacm
tobycj wrote: September 18th, 2023, 4:29 pm

What's the white wiring decal ontop of the box was it a dry transfer or a sticker???

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]