Anyone who is doing this project no longer have a need for their stock controller board? If so I'd be willing to buy it from you.

I’m working on one of gpstars other mods and created a plug n play pcb for it. It was working fine then I swapped everything back to stock and now suddenly the lights and sound don't work only the rumble. I am afraid I may have fried it somehow
Last edited by jonogunn on April 12th, 2023, 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
So now a crossing the streams and alternate firing has been added. Different firing streams sounds play/overlay on the 3 types of firing modes (intensify, alternate and crossing the streams). What was the once the mode switch to change between video game firing modes can now be set to be an alternate firing switch and if pressing the intensify button and this at the same time, it will do a crossing the streams effect (a white stream). When this mode is enabled, the video game modes are disabled and the wand menu setting can only be accessed while the wand is powered down. You can find this in the 28segmentbargraph branch at the moment. I will merge it when I finish the second wand build, which I am still waiting to finish building, but I am waiting for my 3d printer free up (it is busy printing some large pieces for another project at the moment), so I can print out some more wiring and board mounting solutions for the new wand to make the install cleaner.
kahuna900, Shoop64, jonogunn and 2 others liked this
Oh I like that. The alternate fire option is really nice, although I think I'll keep with the video game options myself. I wonder if we could maybe keep the ability to change video game mode and still have that new option if we used where the switches are set. Like say when fully ready to fire the switch becomes the alternate firing/cross screams button but if you aren't ready to fire(like say barrel isn't extended or something) then it still switches game mode.

So is this going to be an option you pick when flashing the nano and you only get this or game fire options?
Shoop64 wrote: April 20th, 2023, 5:59 pm Oh I like that. The alternate fire option is really nice, although I think I'll keep with the video game options myself. I wonder if we could maybe keep the ability to change video game mode and still have that new option if we used where the switches are set. Like say when fully ready to fire the switch becomes the alternate firing/cross screams button but if you aren't ready to fire(like say barrel isn't extended or something) then it still switches game mode.

So is this going to be an option you pick when flashing the nano and you only get this or game fire options?
I am finishing up building a sub menu right now in the wand menu settings, so you can toggle some of these features without having to re-flash the wand or pack each time.
Shoop64 wrote: April 20th, 2023, 5:59 pm Oh I like that. The alternate fire option is really nice, although I think I'll keep with the video game options myself. I wonder if we could maybe keep the ability to change video game mode and still have that new option if we used where the switches are set. Like say when fully ready to fire the switch becomes the alternate firing/cross screams button but if you aren't ready to fire(like say barrel isn't extended or something) then it still switches game mode.

Quick demo video of the sub level menu for changing some of the optional settings on the go. Such as cycling through 1984/1989/2021, vibration settings, Smoke settings, cross the streams or video game mode.

SP Productions liked this
gpstar wrote: April 21st, 2023, 12:14 pm

Quick demo video of the sub level menu for changing some of the optional settings on the go. Such as cycling through 1984/1989/2021, vibration settings, Smoke settings, cross the streams or video game mode.

Amazing! Have you updated the github code for this yet?

Does that mean we no longer need a toggle switch in the pack to change modes?
Yanks1023 liked this
jonogunn wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 6:12 am

Does that mean we no longer need a toggle switch in the pack to change modes?

You can still have the switches, but yes you are correct.
Yanks1023 wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 5:09 am

Yes, it is merged into the main branch. Do not forget to update the SD cards with the latest sound effects. There is another library added to the wand you need to add for the optional 28 segment bargraph support which is indicated in the instructions. I still need to extensively test the new bargraph still.

Cyclotron rotation direction can also be controlled from the Wand as well. The Operation manual page details things in more detail on the sub level menu.

https://github.com/gpstar81/haslab-prot ... ERATION.md
gpstar wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 9:53 am
Yanks1023 wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 5:09 am
Yes, it is merged into the main branch. Do not forget to update the SD cards with the latest sound effects. There is another library added to the wand you need to add for the optional 28 segment bargraph support which is indicated in the instructions. I still need to extensively test the new bargraph still.

Cyclotron rotation direction can also be controlled from the Wand as well. The Operation manual page details things in more detail on the sub level menu.

Okay, do I need to add the library if Im not going with the updated bargraph? I would assume not, but want to be sure. Im staying with haslab bar graph for now. Also, is there a way to bulk download the sounds from github? I can only figure how to download one at a time.
Yanks1023 wrote: April 24th, 2023, 6:46 am
gpstar wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 9:53 am

Okay, do I need to add the library if Im not going with the updated bargraph? I would assume not, but want to be sure. Im staying with haslab bar graph for now. Also, is there a way to bulk download the sounds from github? I can only figure how to download one at a time.
You need to add the library, as reference calls to that library are in the wand code now, even if you do not use the 28segment bargraph and use the hasbro one instead. Default is still the hasbro bargraph.

Clone the entire repository to get all the files at once, or download the entire repository as a zip.
gpstar wrote: April 24th, 2023, 9:24 am
Yanks1023 wrote: April 24th, 2023, 6:46 am
You need to add the library, as reference calls to that library are in the wand code now, even if you do not use the 28segment bargraph and use the hasbro one instead. Default is still the hasbro bargraph.

Clone the entire repository to get all the files at once, or download the entire repository as a zip.
Downloading the whole rep as a zip was extremely useful Thank you;)
gpstar liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I got my pack all back together and it works. For power I ended up going with 4 18650s and one of these 5v regulators.

I tried using a knock off neutrik connector for the wand and I wouldn't recommend that. Connect is flakey for and it would cut out. I replaced it with a legit one and now that's good.

I still plan on putting the 28seg in the wand, but for now I don't want to touch anything since it is all back together right now. I also want to put in the 40bit ring for the cyclotron and the nfilter jewel, but the ring I ordered came in today and while the ring has 40 leds it has a diameter about 1cm less than it should to fit in the diffuser. I'll have to search around for the right one.

All in all though, fantastic work for everyone involved. Hasbro did a good job on these packs but this project really dials it up to 11.
gpstar, SP Productions, Yanks1023 and 1 others liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

dankramer1138 wrote:Does anyone have a direct link to a 40 LED ring for the cyclotron? I've not had any luck finding the right one. I'm finding 42 pixel and other sizes, but the exact one that JustinDustin used is being a pain to find.
This one has them - the 3rd ring from the outside has 40 leds.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083VWVP3J
Last edited by rolandblais on May 26th, 2023, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dankramer1138 wrote: May 26th, 2023, 6:51 pm Does anyone have a direct link to a 40 LED ring for the cyclotron? I've not had any luck finding the right one. I'm finding 42 pixel and other sizes, but the exact one that JustinDustin used is being a pain to find.
I ended up having to get mine off aliexpress and took 2 tries to get the right sized one as the diameter of 40 ring leds isn't always the same. I ordered this one. They seem to only have black shell now, but I used white. If you try for a different seller just look for one that about matches the size this one says it is.

rolandblais wrote: May 26th, 2023, 7:02 pm
dankramer1138 wrote:Does anyone have a direct link to a 40 LED ring for the cyclotron? I've not had any luck finding the right one. I'm finding 42 pixel and other sizes, but the exact one that JustinDustin used is being a pain to find.
This one has them - the 3rd ring from the outside has 40 leds.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083VWVP3J
That's actually the exact one that I bought. I didn't know what size I might end up using so I bought the multi-size set and now I have extras for other projects :)
rolandblais liked this
One time wrote: June 12th, 2023, 3:20 pm There are so many options now I think we need a definitive simple list somewhere. Like:

Keep alive mod name:
Precise description:
How to install it:
Price:
Where to buy it:

Maybe a new thread or update the first page?
Hey one time! R u asking about gpstar’s latest mod kit?

If so you can check out here
viewtopic.php?t=50825

Or the website
https://jonogunn.wixsite.com/gpstar-haslab-kit

Or our fb group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/989797162024226
Yanks1023 liked this
jonogunn wrote: June 13th, 2023, 6:08 am
One time wrote: June 12th, 2023, 3:20 pm There are so many options now I think we need a definitive simple list somewhere. Like:

Keep alive mod name:
Precise description:
How to install it:
Price:
Where to buy it:

Maybe a new thread or update the first page?

viewtopic.php?t=50825

Or the website

Or our fb group
I meant all keep alive mods out there
One time wrote: June 19th, 2023, 3:55 pm
jonogunn wrote: June 13th, 2023, 6:08 am

viewtopic.php?t=50825

Or the website

Or our fb group
I see. But I don’t think gpstar’s kit is considered a stay alive since it replaces the stock boards completely
jonogunn wrote: June 19th, 2023, 7:31 pm
One time wrote: June 19th, 2023, 3:55 pm

I see. But I don’t think gpstar’s kit is considered a stay alive since it replaces the stock boards completely
See I didn't even know that.

I'm more talking about simple keep alive mods. On Facebook and IG specifically I have seen so many people advertise Hasbro PP keep alive mods that I've given up researching. There were just too many.

I think a nice list somewhere with:

Keep alive mod name:
Precise description:
How to install it:
Price:
Where to buy it:

Would help alot of people like me who are on the fence.

It would also rewards makers with customers (i.e. people on the fence now, not knowing whats out there as a whole).

PS: Personally I'd just want the easiest solution to keep the darn thing running. Initially I had a hope that there would have been a watch cell battery powered thingy to insert into the powerbar and connect to the contacts there (so no pack disassembly required) but that looks impossible as of now. So any small thing I can just buy and plug into the IC on the pack would have done, like the MPB mod.
One time wrote: June 20th, 2023, 4:42 pm I'm more talking about simple keep alive mods. On Facebook and IG specifically I have seen so many people advertise Hasbro PP keep alive mods that I've given up researching. There were just too many.
Have you seen this spreadsheet by Devon Smith? You may want to reach out to him to see if there are any further updates which can be added. I know Frutto Technology has a keepalive mod but I'm not seeing it on the sheet (or their name listed under vendors).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... k/htmlview
jonogunn wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:42 pm Does anyone know how much top of the line kits go these days like ninjatunes? I was hoping to keep costs down when going the custom route but do what I gotta do. gpstar's stuff looks lights years beyond the competition
I was just recently chatting with Konstantinos (Ninjatunes) about picking up a couple of boards for my HasLab packs... & I'll quote him:
This Post Contains Spoilers
If you shoot me a message directly, I can share with you the link that I was provided with to join the "Waitlist". He's currently taking a break (as of June 7th) & won't pick up again until September 1st. His FB page if you're at all interested.
So I have a DIY setup for the Haslab pack and I also hooked up an isolated nano to a hidden toggle switch to manually turn on some extra video game inspired lights. Is there any reason why I should not hook the extra nano up to the data line in read only mode to have it turn on and shut down when the main pack controller starts up and shuts down? (Even better if it would turn off during the overheat sequence.)

This might be a really silly question on my part but I am basically a novice on arduino. I don't want to accidentally wreck anything or interfere with the main pack and wand connectivity which otherwise works great.

Thanks to anyone that can provide some insight.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]