I get that these are a prototype and will have changes. To me there are a few things I'd point. Image attached to aid in the points raised

Red Circle - This part of the boot on your prototype seems to cut off on a very clean edge whereas on the screen used boot it has a bit of a curved edge on it. Not sure on terminology.

Orange Circle - The prototype has the top eye let right at the very top past the stitch line. On the screen used boot there is no eye let past the top stitchline. The extra space made by having the curved side raised in point A might allow the eyelets to placed correctly.

Pink Circle - The toe cap on the screen used boots is just a stitchline it does not have the holes along the toe cap stitch line (I've used purple on the original and blue by the prototype)

Green Circle - The zipper is a lot thicker on these boots than what yours appear to be (this may be just the angle but beyond the zipper top when you get lower down the boot you can barely see the zipper which makes me wonder is the zipper too thin. The pull is also wrong.

As it stands now, these boots are no more accurate than modern Corcoran's based on the prototype. Hopefully these details can be picked up and I'm sure someone with a keener eye than me will be along soon.
Kingpin liked this
Indy, Are you a member of the 1984 workbench group on Facebook? There is a bit of a discussion on their that it would be helpful to look in on. It looks as if the toecaps may be a little bit flat on these, and also some questions about the zipper teeth and pull size. It would be good to get these things improved before production?
Last edited by UEF on August 4th, 2022, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ccv66
I was able to just cut the thread on button flap. Came off with out cutting any leather. . Doesn't matter if you're Venkman

How's the magnolia boot feel? Quality, comfort?
$195 is in the ball park of a new boot
By Spenglers
ccv66 wrote: September 26th, 2022, 9:50 am I was able to just cut the thread on button flap. Came off with out cutting any leather. . Doesn't matter if you're Venkman

I'm curious to know all about them myself. $195 (+ shipping all the way from NZ) ain't a small sum to drop on new kicks, and new Corcorans are in a similar price range as these like you said. Used ones are obviously cheaper. Personally, I think I'd rather snag up some Corcorans from somewhere once the boots I currently have for my suit wear out. Something about their design speaks to me more.
By UEF
Spenglers wrote: September 26th, 2022, 10:44 pm
ccv66 wrote: September 26th, 2022, 9:50 am I was able to just cut the thread on button flap. Came off with out cutting any leather. . Doesn't matter if you're Venkman

I'm curious to know all about them myself. $195 (+ shipping all the way from NZ) ain't a small sum to drop on new kicks, and new Corcorans are in a similar price range as these like you said. Used ones are obviously cheaper. Personally, I think I'd rather snag up some Corcorans from somewhere once the boots I currently have for my suit wear out. Something about their design speaks to me more.
They come from Pakistan, where they’re presumably made
Spenglers liked this
I got mine, they are pretty comfortable. I have wide feet and have no issues at all with them, no pressure points or rubbing sensations. They feel roomy but don't LOOK that way if that makes sense. I haven't walked more than around the house with them but they feel good.

The leather is very supple and soft, they get pretty floppy going up which will make them break in and look crinkly in the middle fairly quick I would assume. This is a costume boot though, don't try and go into the jungles in these, they will definitely not survive long in real world boot conditions.

The laces they come with are way too short, you get like an inch to tie them up with, yeah no. I replaced mine with some way longer ones, and brown to match the screen used ones from above, though the brown might just be from age and not present during the movie. I might wipe a little black kiwi wax on em to tone it down a little.

They smelled way funky when I got them, but the odor quickly dissipated.
Overall, yeah I like em :)
CitizenBuster wrote: March 30th, 2023, 6:34 pm Just wanna throw my 2 cents in. You can't go wrong with these boots. They go with the Paranormal Jumpsuit like they were made by the same company. Oh wait...
Are those the stock laces? An earlier review said there wasn't much length left to tie them up, so I'm curious if that problem has been addressed.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]