It's been almost six years since Spirit Hallowen first unveiled its Proton Pack replica, and the costume item has become a regular sight each year as the days grow shorter, and the nights spookier.

And while you might be forgiven for thinking Spirit Halloween had reached the end of the road with what it could do with the light-and-sound Proton Pack accessory, it looks like the company is giving the public what it's been clamoring for since the original 2017 release: a full-size version of the replica.

The new Pack's dimensions are 26 inches high, 15 inches wide, and 10 inches deep. The replica will feature animated blue lights for the Power Cell, red lights for the Cyclotron and a white light in the Proton Gun, while also featuring sounds; including: Power up, power down, and firing.

In addition to the Pack itself, the costuming item will also come packaged with a pair of gloves, and three embroidered patches.

The new adult-scale Proton Pack is priced at $250. Visit the topic to view for a better look at the Pack.

You can purchase the Proton Pack replica at Spirit Halloween through the following link: https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/life-size-replica-proton-pack-ghostbusters/244255.uts

(GBFans.com receives a commission for sales generated through this link. Thank you for your support!)
Make sure to do the 20% off email sign up bonus!

Just snagged this. At the price point it makes a perfect spare/backup pack.
Hey all.

If you can use this link when you purchase, a portion of your sale will go to support GBFans: https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/life-size-replica-proton-pack-ghostbusters/244255.uts
Kingpin, deadderek, ccv66 and 1 others liked this
I have one of these in my possession. Lots of pictures added to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/gbfans/posts/p ... kgfpQ7J8Al
deadderek, Mercifull, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
AJ Quick wrote: April 18th, 2023, 1:35 pm I have one of these in my possession. Lots of pictures added to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/gbfans/posts/p ... kgfpQ7J8Al
Love it, thanks for sharing!
jonogunn wrote: April 18th, 2023, 3:43 pm this is going to be great for so many fans!

I wonder why they didn't or weren't able to produce a full size one before?
If I recall correctly there was speculation that Anovos had the rights to produce 1:1 packs.
jonogunn liked this
A 1:1 pack for $250 (even being a Spirit pack) coming out first definitely puts a dent in the fun.com sales. That's if that pack is ever even released.
Wait a minute.

Just wait a gosh darn minute.

I’ve been a Ghostbusters fan going on 30 years! 30! I’ve waited & wanted a full size proton pack my entire life. Haslab releases their beauty & I finally got it. Awesome! Dream fulfilled. It took 30 years but ok. Cool.

Now multiple companies are now coming out of the woodwork with full sized replicas(of varying quality)? I’ve seen the inside of this thing. It’s using tech as old as i am. There’s nothing overly complex here.

Why has this been such a pie in the sky dream for so long and yet now we’ve got multiple options? & for 250!?!

I remember when the Matty wand came out & it was like “oh cool! A pack must be on the way any minute now” Nope. What was preventing the release of these before now?
Not technology, not consumer interest.

What’s changed? It’s not that new movies are coming out. Matty collector released all that stuff prior to any new movie. We had Answer the Call & Afterlife come & go without a pack. Sure there were small kiddie toys but nothing like this. You’re telling me Mattel couldn’t make this work at any sort of scale but some rinky dink “Spirit” company can do it for a price point suspiciously low? Super interesting. I’d love to know the behind the scenes on this.

I’m guessing, & I could be wrong, that it’s no accident these have come out after Haslab pack…Could Spirit be using the same factory & machining/tooling process? Was that the big barrier? Mass production for X amount of dollars has specific requirements and it can’t be a coincidence this gets announced after Haslab did it first. Or Hasbro had an exclusive window? Granted Haslab was limited to the amount ordered.

I’m not complaining, the more packs the merrier. It’s curious & just sorta odd that after fans have been BEGGING for a full sized replica pack for decades, suddenly now they start coming out. I’d love to know what the prevention of this happening before now was & what occurred to solve it? Pure will? Corporate espionage?(After the IPhone came out, every cell phone manufacturer tore it apart to see how it was done. Then suddenly everyone & their mother was releasing a Touchscreen phone or product. Not a coincidence).

Like I gotta admit. For 250 bucks this thing ain’t bad. I guess it’ll put a dent in the Haslab overstock that people invested it. Those Haslab packs just declined somewhat in value. & that was JUST a pack. No wand.
oidoglr liked this
Naw, it's nice but it isn't gonna put any dent in the Haslab market.
gamera1968 liked this
GuyX wrote: April 19th, 2023, 6:08 am
What’s changed? It’s not that new movies are coming out. Matty collector released all that stuff prior to any new movie. We had Answer the Call & Afterlife come & go without a pack.
One of the reasons why Matty didn't do a pack to go with the awesome wand was that ATC was ATC and not GB3. A reboot with different gear. The wand was clearly prepared for a follow-up pack, it just didn't make it, unfortunately. But you can't really say Afterlife came and went without a pack when the Haslab was started before the movie finally debuted at the cinemas. Sure, we didn't have a pack to buy off-shelf with the release, but that was unlikely even without the delays.

I really like the new Spirit pack and if I had not been a proud Haslab pack owner by now, this would have been my dream. Great to see it on the market. Maybe this will be an option for my Matty wands at some point in the future.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: April 19th, 2023, 7:38 am Naw, it's nice but it isn't gonna put any dent in the Haslab market.
The whole point of that is the scarcity of a full scale pack. A 250 dollar pack completely ruins that. Are you going to buy a marked up pack without a wand or a far less expensive one WITH a wand? Even if the wand sucks the pack is still decent enough and cheap enough to buy & mod yourself.

This ruins or changes the scarcity of a proton pack, which is why they are so valuable. And unless economic theory about supply and demand has changed in the last while? It should drive prices down.

My brother sold 1 of his Haslab pack+ wand to a costume shop for just over 1K. No way would he get that after this alternative comes out.
Ecto24601 wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:03 am
What’s changed? It’s not that new movies are coming out. Matty collector released all that stuff prior to any new movie. We had Answer the Call & Afterlife come & go without a pack.
One of the reasons why Matty didn't do a pack to go with the awesome wand was that ATC was ATC and not GB3. A reboot with different gear. The wand was clearly prepared for a follow-up pack, it just didn't make it, unfortunately. But you can't really say Afterlife came and went without a pack when the Haslab was started before the movie finally debuted at the cinemas. Sure, we didn't have a pack to buy off-shelf with the release, but that was unlikely even without the delays.

I really like the new Spirit pack and if I had not been a proud Haslab pack owner by now, this would have been my dream. Great to see it on the market. Maybe this will be an option for my Matty wands at some point in the future.
Do you have a source on that Matty info? I had heard, and I admit I have no idea if this is true or not, that they wanted to do one but couldn’t make it work for a certain price point. They were clearly planning one. It would just cost too much. Who made the small Answer the call packs sold in stores? Was it Mattel?

But Sure I can say that about Afterlife. There wasn’t a pack for over a year and half AFTER the movie itself was delayed for a year and a half. And Haslab is a one time deal. It was a limited 20-25k production number. They basically had to do a Hasbro version of a kickstarter to see if there was even interest.

And again Matty released EVERYTHING BUT a pack. Wand, trap, goggles, PKE meter. And now we’ve got, what? 3 pack options? And this one is 250?

It just doesn’t make sense to me. There’s nothing in that pack that wasn’t possible 10-15 years ago. Unless Haslab getting the ball rolling somehow changed things mass production wise.
Last edited by GuyX on April 19th, 2023, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
oidoglr liked this

... the Matty wand came out in the fall of 2013. There WERE plans for a pack, but for whatever reason, it was scrapped and the toy rights moved to Hasbro with plenty of time to make roleplay toys and figures for ATC. Whatever feelings you have about ATC, it wasn't the cause of the pack not coming out from Mattel. Remember the debacle that was their attempt to put out a scaled Ecto-1 for their Matty Collector figures? They gave the fandom, what? 6 days to crowd fund something like $14,000 when all we had to go on was a blocky foam cut out? it was handled in the most idiotic way. I can only imagine they would've handled the pack similarly... hell, I've heard things where Hasbro was trying to find loop holes to cancel the Spengler pack due to them actually losing money on it.

Anyway, WILDLY off topic. This Spirit pack looks incredible for what it is and the price. I'm definitely considering getting one as an emergency back up :D (it'd have to be a MAJOR emergency to bust it out seeing as I have my IDW pack, the HasLab, a printed RGB pack, the Tainted Love pack and a slime blower...)
GuyX wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:20 am
deadderek wrote: April 19th, 2023, 7:38 am Naw, it's nice but it isn't gonna put any dent in the Haslab market.
The whole point of that is the scarcity of a full scale pack. A 250 dollar pack completely ruins that. Are you going to buy a marked up pack without a wand or a far less expensive one WITH a wand? Even if the wand sucks the pack is still decent enough and cheap enough to buy & mod yourself.

This ruins or changes the scarcity of a proton pack, which is why they are so valuable. And unless economic theory about supply and demand has changed in the last while? It should drive prices down.

My brother sold 1 of his Haslab pack+ wand to a costume shop for just over 1K. No way would he get that after this alternative comes out.
I mean... they're two totally different animals. The spirit pack, while nice looking, is going to be super cheap plastic and a rudimentary sound package. Sure, we in the community and others have the ability to modify and improve it, but not every average person out there just looking for a ghostbuster costume. The HasLab pack is of a better plastic quality, better detail, and specifically Egon's pack from Afterlife which looks different from the stock packs. It's also RARE as it was produced in limited numbers. This new pack is going to be mass produced.

The aftermarket for HasLab packs will be fine since, really, only Ghostbuster and rare toy collectors will be looking for them or know what they're worth.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 19th, 2023, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Posts combined
deadderek liked this
zeta otaku wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:33 am

I mean... they're two totally different animals. The spirit pack, while nice looking, is going to be super cheap plastic and a rudimentary sound package. Sure, we in the community and others have the ability to modify and improve it, but not every average person out there just looking for a ghostbuster costume. The HasLab pack is of a better plastic quality, better detail, and specifically Egon's pack from Afterlife which looks different from the stock packs. It's also RARE as it was produced in limited numbers. This new pack is going to be mass produced.

The aftermarket for HasLab packs will be fine since, really, only Ghostbuster and rare toy collectors will be looking for them or know what they're worth.
I didn’t say the Haslab pack would be worthless. I said it would drive prices down. Right now they are even more valuable because of scarcity of having any made to go proton pack at a certain price point. Eventually the value will just be as a limited edition collectible. It’ll still hold value but not as much. It will go down in price after these come out and hit all over EBay. Just watch. They will lose value for the only mass produced option out there.
GuyX wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:40 am I didn’t say the Haslab pack would be worthless. I said it would drive prices down.
I don't think there's any danger of that... And even if there is, well... It happens.
Maybe people should stop looking at toys as investment opportunities and instead collect them because they're awesome items that bring back the memories of childhood.
CitizenBuster, zeta otaku, ccv66 and 3 others liked this

Do you have a source on that Matty info? I had heard, and I admit I have no idea if this is true or not, that they wanted to do one but couldn’t make it work for a certain price point. They were clearly planning one. It would just cost too much. Who made the small Answer the call packs sold in stores? Was it Mattel?
Read it in old threads and it was also confirmed by Scott Neitlich in one of his "History/Secrets of Matty Collector Ghostbusters items" videos. By 2014 it was clear that the next Ghostbusters movie would not be a continuation of the first two, see also the Sony email leak scandal.

zeta otaku wrote:

... the Matty wand came out in the fall of 2013. There WERE plans for a pack, but for whatever reason, it was scrapped and the toy rights moved to Hasbro with plenty of time to make roleplay toys and figures for ATC. Whatever feelings you have about ATC, it wasn't the cause of the pack not coming out from Mattel. Remember the debacle that was their attempt to put out a scaled Ecto-1 for their Matty Collector figures? They gave the fandom, what? 6 days to crowd fund something like $14,000 when all we had to go on was a blocky foam cut out? it was handled in the most idiotic way. I can only imagine they would've handled the pack similarly... hell, I've heard things where Hasbro was trying to find loop holes to cancel the Spengler pack due to them actually losing money on it.
Mattel was owner of the Ghostbusters toy license by the time ATC came out. All the ATC figures are from Mattel. Hasbro acquired the license before Afterlife. I clearly remember the Ecto-1 crowdfund being unsuccessful ("It really rolls!"), however the MOTU Classics Castle Grayskull was presented in the same way and DID fund (I don't know how much time that one had to fund though). Anyways, the Matty pack is still one of the biggest "What if?" of GB toy history for me, but thankfully the Haslab pack righted that missed opportunity wrong, to a certain extent.

Back on topic, not shitting on Spirit's reveal, but a quick reminder that the Haslab pack gives you two modes, a rumble motor, metal ion arm, removable cyclotron lid with inner details (I never saw that done to a pack before the reveal), easter eggs and the compatibility with the Spengler wand released in 2020. Plus all the stretch goals. For 150$ more. And it was available (almost) world-wide, whereas Spirit is pretty much North America only. To me, comparing both just because they're both 1:1 scale is still apples and oranges. It looks amazing, I think the price point is just right. But it's too plasticky toy-ish for me (now that I'm spoiled with my Haslab pack).
Last edited by Ecto24601 on April 19th, 2023, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek liked this
Ecto24601 wrote: April 19th, 2023, 9:56 am

Mattel was owner of the Ghostbusters toy license by the time ATC came out. All the ATC figures are from Mattel. Hasbro acquired the license before Afterlife. I clearly remember the Ecto-1 crowdfund being unsuccessful ("It really rolls!"), however the MOTU Classics Castle Grayskull was presented in the same way and DID fund (I don't know how much time that one had to fund though). Anyways, the Matty pack is still one of the biggest "What if?" of GB toy history for me, but thankfully the Haslab pack righted that missed opportunity wrong, to a certain extent.

Back on topic, not shitting on Spirit's reveal, but a quick reminder that the Haslab pack gives you two modes, a rumble motor, metal ion arm, removable cyclotron lid with inner details (I never saw that done to a pack before the reveal), easter eggs and the compatibility with the Spengler wand released in 2020. Plus all the stretch goals. For 150$ more. And it was available (almost) world-wide, whereas Spirit is pretty much North America only. To me, comparing both just because they're both 1:1 scale is still apples and oranges. It looks amazing, I think the price point is just right. But it's too plasticky toy-ish for me (now that I'm spoiled with my Haslab pack).
You are ABSOLUTELY right about the toy rights. My bad there.

As for the two modern 1/1 scale packs... spot on. They're for 2 different markets with an overlap in the middle. If I could make a venn diagram, I would
Ecto24601, deadderek liked this
Prices are still stupid high on Matty wands despite Hasbro Spengler wand.

Spirit Halloween already saturated the market in the small packs. Probably good idea on their part to improve the pack and sell it to the same customers base, but it's not competing with Hasbro. I bought a second pack to sell but what I think really hurt resale is how successful the pre order was. 95% of the people who wanted one bought one .

The only people who really got hurt are the small prop sellers. ( Except the people who are selling upgrade parts)
deadderek liked this
I think the new Spirit Pack will be the perfect item for a number of folks in that middle bracket. A step up in quality compared to the original Spirit (closer to actual scale, better light/sound features, etc.) but not even approaching (at least, not yet) the price point of the upcoming Fun.com, aftermarket HasLab or custom-built packs. And as the community is want to do, I'm just waiting to see all the creative ways that people mod this thing to make it even closer to prop-replica quality. I know some folks have been waiting 30+ years to get their own unlicensed nuclear accelerator. There's never been a better time for it in terms of options and available resources.
VenomSymbiote wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:00 pmI've been spending a bit more than I feel I should lately so I'm going to pass on this. Maybe if it's around come Halloween, or next year. If I get a chance though I'm gonna hop on one these. I mean sure I have a Haslab pack and 3 other Spirit packs... you can't have too many packs, can you? :blush:
Yeah, I feel that. I've spent quite a bit recently modding my HasLab pack and buying a bunch of extras to enhance my flight suit, so I'm also going to pass on this one for the time being. My son was thinking about going as a Ghostbuster this Halloween but I already have an original Spirit pack for him to use, so I can't really justify spending the extra cash on this, cool as it is.
Kingpin wrote: April 19th, 2023, 9:34 am
GuyX wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:40 am I didn’t say the Haslab pack would be worthless. I said it would drive prices down.
I don't think there's any danger of that... And even if there is, well... It happens.
Maybe people should stop looking at toys as investment opportunities and instead collect them because they're awesome items that bring back the memories of childhood.
Look at it this way. Right now the Haslab packs being resold are the only game in town for a 1:1 pack unless you want to go for some random unofficial builder. This Spirit pack takes away that competitive advantage.

Before this pack, anyone who wanted a 1:1 proton pack, their easiest, quickest and least expensive option, you had the Haslab pack with the wand. Not anymore.

Every year there’s people come October 31st would love to dress up as a Ghostbuster. if they wanted to spend the $ Haslab packs would’ve been a nice market for those people. Not anymore.

Yes the Haslab pack has functionality and quality this other one doesn’t and won’t have. I’m sure they will still be sold at a profit. But this new Spirit Pack just took a significant advantage away from those who bought Haslab packs thinking they’d sell em off around Halloween time. All of this means prices go down.

As for people who look at toys as an investment opportunity, who cares? What people do with the stuff they buy is up to them. If people want to make a little extra money selling limited quantity toys and merch? Go for it. My brother bought 5 packs. Kept 1 for himself & sold the others. Gives other people a chance to own a pack that maybe did hear about the Haslab pack for heard about it too late.

What’s cool about this new pack is that there are so many fans out there who probably never bought a pack because they weren’t affordable or didn’t have the technical know how to build one. More packs out there means more awareness, more awareness means more fans. And more fans are never a bad thing.

This is a great thing for this fandom. It’s been a long time coming & I hope it’s a huge success.

What an amazing time to be a fan. Video games, proton packs, new movies, oh my!

Who here as a kid use to pretend their vacuum cleaner or something similar was a proton pack?

My grandpa had this gas powered back pack leaf blower & every time I went to their house I’d volunteer to clear ALL the leaves off their property. Why? You know why. It felt like a proton pack. I imagined I was busting ghosts. I even had this battery meter that I’d pretend was a PKE meter lol. Those were the days…
CitizenBuster, jonogunn, Arch27 and 4 others liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]