By deadderek
Ecto24601 wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 2:36 am Great, thanks alot! Do the elbow pads have the dark patches on the inside? That's what I was especially curious about. Looking forward to more pictures by cryrid and KingPin.
No, they do not.
Ecto24601 liked this
By Kingpin
Taken with and without flash for comparison:

It should be noted that the colour of the belt is a pale sandy-grey, rather than white or outright-grey.
Based on discussions with others, the colour of the GBFans belt is probably the closest-yet to what was worn in the first film.
Ecto24601, Ecto-1 fan liked this
By cryrid
And here's my recent order, just picked up today.
If only the shipping to Germany wouldn't be that hard to swallow..
I'm not sure what imports into Germany are like, but for Canada: just getting this 2.5lb parcel (it included a hose and connector, not pictured) was pricey. The order price was $118.97, shipping was another $50.63, and then it had an extra $65 added in duties.... it's a bit rough since it effectively doubles the price of the order. This was my third order though so I knew what to expect. My advice is that if you are ordering parts for a costume, try to get everything you'd need in one go so that you don't need to pay for several parcels.

Ecto24601 wrote:Great, thanks alot! Do the elbow pads have the dark patches on the inside? That's what I was especially curious about. Looking forward to more pictures by cryrid and KingPin.
They do not. However, in a previous order from them I've simply cut out two squares of black fabric and used some very quick hand sewing to stitch each corner in place. For just a few minutes of work, it gets the job done well enough and gives it that extra bit of flare.
By Ecto24601
Thanks alot cryrid! Put in my order yesterday, sadly split up in two shipments due to delivery date. But there is no better source for the pads and the GB1 belt than GB Fans. Hands down the best I've seen. Hope it will get a pass by customs...let's see, would save alot. Right now it's $50 for the belt, nametag and pads and roughly the same for shipping. Already got my boots, ordered a PKE holster and key fobs from the UK via ebay. Waiting for the Tru Spec suit to show back up on amazon in my size and for Todd Cook to have another batch of the No Ghost legacy patch...
By tobycj
Ecto24601 wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:40 pm Thanks alot cryrid! Put in my order yesterday, sadly split up in two shipments due to delivery date. But there is no better source for the pads and the GB1 belt than GB Fans. Hands down the best I've seen. Hope it will get a pass by customs...let's see, would save alot. Right now it's $50 for the belt, nametag and pads and roughly the same for shipping. Already got my boots, ordered a PKE holster and key fobs from the UK via ebay. Waiting for the Tru Spec suit to show back up on amazon in my size and for Todd Cook to have another batch of the No Ghost legacy patch...
If you email AJ he can combine the order into one to save on shipping, and refund you the difference. He's done this for me before.
By DaveLister
cryrid wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 12:43 pm And here's my recent order, just picked up today.
If only the shipping to Germany wouldn't be that hard to swallow..
I'm not sure what imports into Germany are like, but for Canada: just getting this 2.5lb parcel (it included a hose and connector, not pictured) was pricey. The order price was $118.97, shipping was another $50.63, and then it had an extra $65 added in duties.... it's a bit rough since it effectively doubles the price of the order. This was my third order though so I knew what to expect. My advice is that if you are ordering parts for a costume, try to get everything you'd need in one go so that you don't need to pay for several parcels.

Ecto24601 wrote:Great, thanks alot! Do the elbow pads have the dark patches on the inside? That's what I was especially curious about. Looking forward to more pictures by cryrid and KingPin.
They do not. However, in a previous order from them I've simply cut out two squares of black fabric and used some very quick hand sewing to stitch each corner in place. For just a few minutes of work, it gets the job done well enough and gives it that extra bit of flare.
I recently bought a quick release pistol belt the same as the one on the right. I have NO idea how to open the buckles to slide a trap holster and a couple lobster claws thru. Got this for FE, but I need a tutorial or some tips. Thank you!
By DaveLister
DaveLister wrote: February 25th, 2024, 2:10 pm
cryrid wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 12:43 pm And here's my recent order, just picked up today.

I recently bought a quick release pistol belt the same as the one on the right. I have NO idea how to open the buckles to slide a trap holster and a couple lobster claws thru. Got this for FE, but I need a tutorial or some tips. Thank you! (NOTE): Had to recall what piler approach I used for the flat pistol belt. These take a few drops of sweat...but I finally got the trap holster threaded! (I gotta remember not to panic, takes away the fun.) :cool:
By Pcal6883
The buckles on the black belt, as far as I know, don’t come off. I had to widen the slots on my trap holster to fit it on. Some makers may offer a wider slot option for the GB2 style belts.
By DaveLister
Thanks, thought figuring it out was me being dim! Anyway, I had to use needle nosed pliers to open the metal buckles (not too much) and took about 20 minutes. But I got it off after much pulling the end of the belt out from the buckle. Came out after an hour or so. Now I gotta place my trap holster and 2 lobster claws the right way/order...then another however long it takes to get the buckle back on. Might be done in time for FE after all!

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]