Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By FatherOfGhostbusters
To begin...I have always loved Ghostbusters...GBII was my first movie, snuck in late at night with my two older brothers when it first aired on television. My brothers, both several years older than me, had already seen the first movie. I was immediately obsessed - My first Ghostbusters intro was The Real Ghostbusters, my favorite cartoon; and I was always left flummoxed that Peter and Garfield sounded EXACTLY ALIKE, thank you, Lorenzo...but THIS. WAS. DIFFERENT. Venkman's Swagger, the deep and guttural WINSTOOOON, a group of out-of-shape and down-on-their-luck scientists saving the day in an ostensibly righteous Statue of Liberty...I needed more. When I finally snagged a VHS of the first movie I found what is to this day my favorite depiction of the "Boys in gray." I have been a lifelong fan.

Fast forward many years...I joined the Army when I was 19 right after 9/11 and just retired from the Army in June. I have remained a fan the entire time, but it was my son that brought me here.

My oldest son struggles with neurodivergence - anxiety, depression, focus, etc and I have struggled to find positive/constructive influences ...until one day, on a whim while scrolling through Amazon Prime he begged me to watch a movie - It was Ghostbusters: Afterlife. He loved it! We then watched the original Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II, Afterlife again, and then The Real Ghostbusters, and all over, and over again so many times; it has been a godsend. It makes him happy - gives him a safe space, and provides a natural conduit through which we can always connect.

For Halloween this year he was a Ghostbuster and criticized me on the inaccuracy of his flight suit and inflatable pack (I know, I know), though I was able to redeem myself at Christmas with the Playmobil Ecto-1a and Firehouse sets...he made it clear he wants real gear...a PKE meter that works, an opening/closing trap, a real flight suit, to visit the firehouse...I am all too happy to oblige. I can't wait to one day tell him the story of how the thing that brought him out of his shell was the very thing that helped bring me out of mine over 30 years ago (In Iraq with the 10th Special Forces Group, years later, my recce element wore the Ghostbusters patch). I came here to find the best ways to find/buy/make the gear to help my son feel connected, to find cons and like-minded people, and to open a world for him within which he feels comfortable, safe, included, and even excited.

I am so happy and excited to be here. We live in Baltimore, Maryland - and we look forward to interacting as much as possible. Happy Holidays!

-Chris
ccv66 liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]