Preface:This is a breaking story.

Eaglemoss Ltd, producers of the popular Star Trek Starships series, as well as the "Build the Ghostbusters Ecto-1" installment model is reported to have filed a notice of intention to appoint an administrator today. News of this notice follows reports from social media earlier this week that the Eaglemoss website is currently displaying a message that orders aren't being processed online, that a customer service page on Facebook had been removed, and that calls to the customer service telephone lines were currently being met with a prerecorded message.

As of this writing, the fans who were collecting the "Build the Ghostbusters Ecto-1" model kit are currently two installments away from completion. While the news about Eaglemoss is concerning, there remains the possibility that following the administration period, the outstanding parts could eventually be sent to the customers who'd ordered them.

GBFans will update this story as soon as more details become available.
I haven't received a shipment since November and both times I called since then I was told 'part' of my shipment was OOS due to supply chain and China export issues, so they would hold off until the whole order was ready to ship. I don't think I'm too far away from finishing this, and I accept I made the choice to buy into Eaglemoss for this so I accept responsibility, but I really hope and remain positive that there will be a satisfactory solution to this.
syntaxerror wrote: July 12th, 2022, 8:25 pm I haven't received a shipment since November and both times I called since then I was told 'part' of my shipment was OOS due to supply chain and China export issues, so they would hold off until the whole order was ready to ship.
Same for me! Stuck at issue 70 since November. Hoping someone picks up the license and continues the build.
I’m on issue 33. Was about to get the gurney.
I was pumped.
Now I’m scrabbling to 3d print the gurney the lightbars and the entire roof rack.

I still think they are just organizing themselves.
What monsters would have us build a model for years and then disappear right before we finish it
Gritherdad wrote:What monsters would have us build a model for years and then disappear right before we finish it
That implies they deliberately chose to go bankrupt?

The next steps for them:
Administration will end automatically after 12 months unless the administrator asks the court or creditors for an extension.
Depending upon the administration proposals the company may have:
- been rescued, and the company passed back to the directors
- gone into liquidation
- been dissolved if the administrator was only able to distribute funds to secured and/or preferential creditors
In case it isn't clear from the article, Eaglemoss are UK based, so "appointing an administrator" is the UK equivalent of filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. They're out of money, they didn't just hire a consultant to help them "reorganise".
(Although it sounds like they only filed a Notice of Intent to try to avoid bankruptcy, I don't know. I'm an Australian software engineer, not a UK lawyer :D)
Its all going to come down to licensing rights and who can and cannot ship to the US should Eaglemoss go under fully.

Interestingly a few weeks ago I received an email from them saying my Ecto 1 shipments would start to resume "at the end of July" but no date was given. I wonder if thats still going to happen.

Do we know if Eaglemoss in the US is the same as Eaglemoss UK? I know sometimes the different divisions can operate as wholly separate companies.
Kingpin liked this
JTurchetta wrote: July 18th, 2022, 11:31 am Do we know if Eaglemoss in the US is the same as Eaglemoss UK? I know sometimes the different divisions can operate as wholly separate companies.
The American website seems to have suspended its online sales as well, the product pages all seem to have a "register your interest" field rather than a link to an online store.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]