Here is a comparison between GBFans and the screen used Stantz. I might adjust the kerning a little bit, but I still contend that the patches we make are the closest match. We use a special program that spits out custom patches and the same program matches the screen used patches extremely closely.

AJ Quick wrote: February 14th, 2021, 3:11 pm Here is a comparison between GBFans and the screen used Stantz. I might adjust the kerning a little bit, but I still contend that the patches we make are the closest match. We use a special program that spits out custom patches and the same program matches the screen used patches extremely closely.
I just got mine in the mail and it looks really good. Yes, I agree there needs to be some kerning adjustment as the W and the A are a little off as it is in the STANZ photo above, but all-n-all really nice. I'm also not sure if it is a result of how the sewing goes, but I think letters like Z and S may have corners that don't go 90 degrees, but are either angled or cut off.

ImperialWalker wrote: February 13th, 2021, 5:30 am
Nicholszz wrote: February 13th, 2021, 5:19 am Hello. Yes we used another suit.
But GOOD eye!
I find it amazing though really, at the several different stitch patterns.
So if you look at the cross through his belly on patch you used as reference, you'll notice it's all through our patch, circle included.
Which is how the reference patch we used was. Though as you can see on the one, its more of a buldge around edges.
Thanks for the clarification, but... I'm actually a bit more confused than before.

When you say you used another suit, what suit are you referring to exactly? The Etsy shop mentions a "Venkman screen used patch" but I am unable to find any patch worn by Venkman that matches the YYC version.

I don't mean to sound like I'm slamming the YYC patch. I had mine delivered and while it looks great, I have been unable to find evidence to support the overwhelming praise for screen accuracy that it has been receiving. I obviously don't want to be giving an unfair review if I am referencing the wrong reference patch.

Do you have images of the patch being referenced?
Sorry if you're confused. Sadly I have been asked not to share online. I hope you understand.
Depending on your "google" skills though.
Anovos shared the same patch we used when they were first designing their patch. So someone might have that picture?
I havn't been able to find pictures of that again though.
Anovos posted two pictures of real patches (mistakenly identifying the Venkman as Stantz and vice versa), and claimed theirs was a combination of the two. The two original patches were the Venkman posted on the previous page, and the Stantz which Todd Cook replicated. The Calgary GB patch doesn't seem to match either of those.
Nuclearjungle wrote: February 15th, 2021, 1:58 pm Anovos posted two pictures of real patches (mistakenly identifying the Venkman as Stantz and vice versa), and claimed theirs was a combination of the two. The two original patches were the Venkman posted on the previous page, and the Stantz which Todd Cook replicated. The Calgary GB patch doesn't seem to match either of those.
It does seem to resemble the Stanz version a little more, but the details are still off. I've been searching on and off today and I simply cannot find any screen used patch that has the details in the YYC version.

Without more details at this point I have to unfortunately conclude that the YYC patch simply does not live up to the claim it is screen accurate or based off a "seen in person" screen used version. I still think it is cool and I give credit to my wife for finding it, but I'm going to keep my feelings of being underwhelmed to myself as she was pretty proud of herself.

I realize this may sound a bit like a jerk thing to say, but I've seen the YYC Ghostbusters at the Calgary Expo and I'm honestly surprised they're accepting that patch as screen accurate. So many members seemed to take accuracy really seriously.

Even if we accept that they got the STANZ and the VENKMAN ones mixed up in the description, there are still many differences. Hair, eyes, nose placement, mouth size, head shape, hands, etc.

I'm not sure what is going on and it does feel like I'm wading into some kinda of history here.
HallowedGround liked this
Yep, I already bought one as well. This one appears to be much more accurate than their other GB1 patch offerings. Have we ever gotten confirmation that the fabric on the GB1 patch is definitely felt? Because in some pictures, the white fabric does look pretty similar to this, with what appears to be faint visible lines.
Thought I'd post this for a side by side since all three of these patch makers have been mentioned in this thread. From L-R, Calgary Ghostbusters (Spengler suit), Anovos and Todd Cook (Stantz suit) patch.

I'm liking Calgary's new Stantz patch, I'll have to message Candace and order one of those to add to the ever growing collection!
Kingpin, RedSpecial, darthbuster and 1 others liked this
Recently ordered a custom GB1 name tag and (another) no-ghost patch from James at Hatchapatch on Etsy, as he's restarted shipping to the UK again (apparently I'm his first international order in a while).
Got an arm patch from him last year and really pleased with it - it's idealised with (I think) a canvas Mooglie, so not screen-accurate - but great for a franchise look which is exactly what I want.
My current name tag came from a random seller on Amazon; it's not great - font weight is too light/barely the right font etc - and I've been wanting to upgrade (plus new suit incoming :D). I ordered from James again basically because of how pleased I am with his no-ghost patch and am pretty hopeful his tag will beat my current one hands-down.
There's a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45816 comparing his no-ghost patch to some of the other popular patches, but I've not seen any examples of his tags on here - so I'll post some pics when I get them.
AJ Quick wrote: February 14th, 2021, 3:11 pm Here is a comparison between GBFans and the screen used Stantz. I might adjust the kerning a little bit, but I still contend that the patches we make are the closest match. We use a special program that spits out custom patches and the same program matches the screen used patches extremely closely.

Hi could you possibly please give an update on my name tag order from a few months ago? Also if you got my messages about combining it with the newer order of GB2 patches? Thank you.
Nighty80 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 8:46 am Here's my new name tag from Hatchapatch for reference:
I finally upgraded to a GBFans name patch and it's awesome!

I'm completely blown away by the difference between the two

In other words:
Buy Once. Buy GBFans.com!

I did spend many(!) hours carefully peeling off the iron-on backing as I didn't want the added stiffness. In hindsight I wish I'd asked if it was possible to have it made without the backing, but I did a pretty good job removing it all and didn't damage the tag. Now it's sewn on it moves nicely with the suit, so it totally worth it as far as I'm concerned.
Have we ever gotten an answer about whether you can request GBFans name patches without the iron on adhesive? I didn't realize it was going to be on there when I ordered, and am having a heck of a time trying to peal it off.
Hey all, just noticed this thread for the first time and wanted to chime in to say I think the new best option for name tapes is GBPatches.com. Their GB1 name tape (https://gbpatches.com/products/classic- ... -name-tape) uses a custom character set executed with an irregular stitching pattern. It's the best resemblance to the hand-stitched originals I've seen anywhere. Here's a comparison between an extra GBFans patch (above) and the GBPatches one I got for a new suit:

I have a GBFans name tape on my first suit, and I've been happy with it and still think it's a good option. However, as you can see, it's much more clean and regular. The GBPatches name tape has more character and seems to me to be hands-down more accurate. Also, it doesn't have iron-on backing, so no added stiffness from that.
ccv66 liked this
Gbfans physical quality is really good, but my gb1 name tag had the wrong material backing. My Stantz font looks a little big for my GB2 name tag.

So far gbpatches have been my favorite. I have Todd Cooks, gbfans, Calgary, Magnolia and Anovos no ghost patches. I prefer gbpatches Gb2 over everyone's, because of the thicker outline on Mooglies arm and foot. I prefer their gb1 patch mostly due to the fact I can pick particular actor and not just idealized patch.

However they're all pretty close, except for anovos, they're dead last

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]