By GBDRE760
Hey guys....
So I backed the Proton Pack that is coming out from Hasbro and my intention was to possibly give it a real Clippard valve like I want to do to the wand, give it an ALICE Frame, and possibly a more accurate motherboard, etc. I was thinking it would be great considering the fact that my current proton pack (1984) weighs about 30-35lbs much like the original props. Obviously, the Haslab one will be lighter but it may gain a little once it starts to get upgrades but the thought hit me that I would have a way better time doing repairs on my main pack than the Haslab one if anything was to happen to it, so I am now thinking of enjoying it on it's stand as a display piece and lugging around my main pack which weighs like a bag of dog food until I can get a shell and do another build from the ground up, lol.

Anyways, thinking back to how Mattel (Matty Collector) once made a wand, P.K.E. Meter, Ghost Trap, and Ecto Goggles, I am really hoping that Haslab has it in the cards to go about with these projects as well considering the fact that those props from Matty collector are just so expensive and hard to come by.

I think a trap with the pedal would be great but I know many of us have the Walmart traps that are actually decent for what they are and can be modded pretty good but honestly, there aren't any great P.K.E. meters on the market as far as being movie accurate. I love the Spirit Halloween one but I honestly hate the rounded-off shape of it. The fact that the wings open up does make it a great little item but if the body was more accurate, I think I wouldn't worry much about it.

I know many of us would love the option to back the other props if they were to pop up but also considering the fact that Hasbro now has over 20,000 proton packs to make that won't ship until next year, do you think they would open a Haslab on these other items or do you think their hands are kind of full?
By GBDRE760
SP Productions wrote: January 30th, 2022, 10:20 am I think the proton pack project has certainly demonstrated there’s a strong demand for GB stuff. I would hope they’d just make the PKE and trap instead of doing more Haslab project(s).

Sean
Those two items would be absolutely perfect if they were able to do them. I don't know if there is a way for the fanbase to show Haslab that we want these things or if Haslab just randomly launches a project and sees if it will get backed or not. Knowing that within the next few days, the new movie will be out on the market as well as the collector's boxsets, I really would hope that the merchandise and the hype of things that we have been getting lately won't start to die down again until we get another movie or tv show or whatever Ghost Corps is planning next. As you said, the proton pack project shows that the demand is there and I would hope that if they were to do those projects, they would get on it soon before any of the demand starts to lower. The amount of QUALITY merchandise that was released because of the new film has been amazing and I just hope that things don't slow down as they did in the years that we spent waiting on a third movie.
By Styrofoam_Guy
Hopefully Haslab will run a campaign for the PKE and trap at one point. My worry is that the Spirit Trap and PKE items may have reduced the demand for these items.

I know the Spirit PKE and Trap are not as accurate as we want but how many people that purchased the Spirit items will be as concerned as we are?
By GBDRE760
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: February 1st, 2022, 10:13 pm Hopefully Haslab will run a campaign for the PKE and trap at one point. My worry is that the Spirit Trap and PKE items may have reduced the demand for these items.

I know the Spirit PKE and Trap are not as accurate as we want but how many people that purchased the Spirit items will be as concerned as we are?
True, although, at least 21,000 people are ditching the spirit pack for a more accurate rendition of the Afterlife pack thanks to Haslab. I am sure there is a market for a more accurate trap and PKE.
By GBDRE760
Well, guys, I gave Hasbro an email asking them if they would consider the Trap and PKE for Haslab, and this is what I got back...

Jalisa Dourado (Hasbro Pulse US)

Feb 3, 2022, 10:25 AM EST

Hi Dre,

Thank you for your email and truly appreciate your interest in our Ghostbusters product line.

I will certainly forward on your comments to our management team so that they are also aware of your views,

Thank you for contacting us, and for your feedback.

Jalisa
Hasbro Pulse

I feel as if they see that the fanbase really wants those things, they might at least set up the Haslab. It is not hurting them at all to see how many units can get sold. Let's be honest, 21,000+ proton packs is nothing to bat an eye at and I think that can show that there is a market for another round of traps and PKE meters, much like the ones the Matty lineup had.
I really hope they do. What with the success of the Spirit Halloween/Walmart props (especially considering their presence at the end of Afterlife), I'd think it would be an extreme loss in terms of possible profits for Hasbro not to seize the opportunity at making these. Mattel nailed it with their traps and PKEs, but they hit a snag with their Ecto-Goggles. The wand (oddly called the "Neutrino" wand) was pretty good, but Hasbro's is the clear winner of the two.
With the hopes that when Hasbro got the license these would happen I have found it to be less and less likely this will occur especially with the "mistake" they made with a posting about something new coming. I would like to hold out hope that when Firehouse gets closer we may see something but again...seems less and less likely. I can't say Hasbro has been on pint for a lot of what they've done lately apart from the pack and wand.
By Josh Foote
A few hours in and it's already at 40% of the initial goal. Safe to say it's getting funded. At this rate, we should expect goggles and maybe even a slime blower in the future.

Only thing negative I have to say is that I wish we had better stretch goals.
kman liked this
By gamera1968
Oh, we're more than halfway there... taken tonight just a few minutes ago.

By timeware
Oh sure, drop this campaign right before I get to Galaxy's Edge. Lol. Of course, if Mickey doesn't steal my wallet I'll be backing these when I can. They look awesome! Not surprised were halfway to the backing. It's impressive how quickly people jumped on this!
By TobinsGuide
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: October 29th, 2023, 6:29 pm It'll fund but not sure if it will hit all the tiers. Most of us get trap holsters and pke holsters on our own.
It's probably going to fund Monday the 30th.

I don't think these goals are necessarily going to need to be hit by people buying more because they want holsters. They'll be hit by another 8,000-ish people who want the base product and the holsters will just be a freebie we can help get by sharing the links.
It's just short of 9700 currently and no doubt it will fund. The tiers as I said...the patches are a smart add on as most GB's live patches however again the holsters are something fans make and sell to themselves for the current versions out there from Matty to Spirit so I'm not sure they'll sell another 8000 units just tog et those. Might happen but...there's a month left so it will spike a few times due to pay days between now and then for people.
By kman
75 backers to go. Safe to say, it'll happen.

I'm annoyed by the weak stretch goals, too, though. Cheap pleather holsters? Pass. Laughably inaccurate "screen accurate" no ghost patch? *sigh*

Only one that's moderately interesting to me are the ESP cards, and that's an easy tier one goal.
By THawke
kman wrote: October 30th, 2023, 11:46 am 75 backers to go. Safe to say, it'll happen.

I'm annoyed by the weak stretch goals, too, though. Cheap pleather holsters? Pass. Laughably inaccurate "screen accurate" no ghost patch? *sigh*

Only one that's moderately interesting to me are the ESP cards, and that's an easy tier one goal.
Agreed about the stretch goals, they're not too impressive. The Zener cards would make a nice addition to a Ghostbusters display. Don't really care about the holsters, I'm sure they're not going to be real leather. I doubt the trap holster will have a metal backing plate.
kman liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]