Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By 910dohead
It's most likely happening due to how the figure was stored and extreme temperatures may be the culprit in causing the rot. We know that the sun rays damage the chemical compound of the Kenner figures over time and we get yellowing or even browning of the plastic. Same can be said with colder temperatures. It can do similar damage especially given the material its made out of (i'm looking at you Matty Stay Puft). Personally, I have kept that same figure in a slightly colder environment out in the open and usually away from sun light. Mine is still flexible and hasn't suffered like yours has. My recommendation is to display your figures in a similar manner. If it sat for a long time, maybe it was stale oxygen? Who knows? Also, since Kenner used different factories to make these, maybe the plastic recipes were slightly different from factory to factory? Maybe first runs were used with a higher quality compound and Kenner resorted to a cheaper material in later waves?
TheManEatingToaster wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 2:49 pm I have two of them, one is good as new meanwhile the other one is yellowing, the face is kinda deformed and it's kinda liquidy.
Do they both have the same manufacturing date/location stamp?

I wonder if there's a variance depending on where or when they were produced.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]