What’s your end goal? Some people go for screen accurate, others ease of fabrications, others still for budget. Fabrication and design depends much on manufacturing capabilities and materials sourcing. Knowing what you’re willing/able to change might help us give more constructive feedback.

That said though, it’s a solid model and the BOM is very handy. I like having those on the plans while building. As far as the nozzle hardware I wouldn’t go past 3/8 but I’ve not reached that point in my own modeling yet to size it out.
Skills can be built so keep at it. Honestly I don’t know what I’m doing on my builds half the time and am learning as I go. That’s half the fun for me and like building the skill set.

Two things that I can see. First, the handle is larger than the U-bracket. The screen used prop’s handle is smaller than the the radius of the bracket.

Second, there’s a green light below the “box” at the front. You’ll need a hole for it.

Posting some views of the opposite side will help too, there’s a piano hinge used on that one, but you might be aware of that. Nice going so far. Out of curiosity, what program are you using to model with?
badash320 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 7:23 pm Skills can be built so keep at it. Honestly I don’t know what I’m doing on my builds half the time and am learning as I go. That’s half the fun for me and like building the skill set.

Two things that I can see. First, the handle is larger than the U-bracket. The screen used prop’s handle is smaller than the the radius of the bracket.

Second, there’s a green light below the “box” at the front. You’ll need a hole for it.

Posting some views of the opposite side will help too, there’s a piano hinge used on that one, but you might be aware of that. Nice going so far. Out of curiosity, what program are you using to model with?
Thanks, I changed the bracket it's now 1" wide and a 3/4" handle. I haven't put the holes for the light, and the tube with the red paint on it that I'll refer to as the "coolant displacement feed." and the piano hinge is in my mcmaster shopping cart.

I've modeled everything in solidworks and exported anything I plan on cutting with the plasma table to autocad. The two boxes I'm thinking of 3d printing or vacuum forming.

Making things like this is what keeps me going, getting new skills, busting ghosts or even making weapons to fight storm troopers.
I love making for exactly the same reasons. I’m also planning on trying some vacuum forming, something I’ve not tried before. I scratch built my formers so looking forward to seeing if of works!

I was just going back through my reference images todays and discover there are pretty much none of that side of the nozzle. I was trying to find the number of hardware sets and saw that it was a brass hinge. New to me!

I can’t figure out how the hinge actually sticks out from the edge of the body. If I use pipe, which most builds seem to be, there’s no way that small a hinge will stick out past the wall thickness. What type material are you planning to use?

This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Hannah-Buster wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 12:07 pm wow that's a fantastic catch, it doesn't look like it sticks out much in that picture but possibly a double offset piano hinge?
https://www.amazon.com/12-Aluminum-Doub ... B084RLMVMG
Yeah, those will work for thicker pipe. I also found 4” nominal pipe in schedule 10 at onlinemetals.com which has an 1/8” wall thickness.

I think it looks pretty close.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]