For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By JustAnotherGBFan
We all know that Ecto-1 is built from an ambulance, but in TRGB S4 E7 'Follow that Hearse', Peter calls it a hearse, (along with the title doing the same). So, which is it?

If we are basing the GB universe as TRGB is the REAL Ghostbusters, and the movies are just based on their lives as seen in 'Citizen Ghost' and 'Take Two', then can we assume the car is a hearse and the movies just used what they could get?
By Kingpin
The cartoon was a little inconsistent in its lore the more years it ran. For instance, in Revenge of Murray the Mantis Winston refers to Ecto-1 as an ambulance (and It's About Time doubles-down on Ecto-1 being a hearse by even showing us the car as it was in 1959).

I think it's generally accepted that Ecto-1 had been in use as an ambulance prior to her being sold: the emergecy lights, siren, style of wing mirrors and curtains in the back... Though the 1959 Cadillac Futura Miller Meteor could be used as both.
By Bison256
In extreme Ghostbusters as part of a joke Edwardo calls it a hearse. But he wouldn't know the car's history so he's likely guessing.
By ghoulishfright
For what it's worth, the reboot Ectomobile is apparently a hearse. A 1984 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse, to be exact.
By JustAnotherGBFan
ghoulishfright wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:59 am For what it's worth, the reboot Ectomobile is apparently a hearse. A 1984 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse, to be exact.
Yeah, but that movie doesn't count. It's basically glorified fan fiction.
By BRD 527
In the ep It's About Time where they get zapped to 1959 Winston sees what is implied to be Ecto, new being used as a hearse :whatever:

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]