Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Scuba Steve wrote:Their dialog is so unique I mixed them up in my quote and nobody noticed...
I noticed instantly and was going to correct you before I realized what your post was about. ;)
Scuba Steve wrote:Their dialog is so unique I mixed them up in my quote and nobody noticed...
I noticed but wanted to wait, how long it takes the defenders to notice.
My honest opinion, no. I found that both films were on the same level of funny. Humor is subjective (a phrase that makes me vomit in my mouth) so others aren't going to see it that way. GB16 wasn't trying to out funny the original. But of course the big difference in their humor was the time they were set in. There's this sort of distinction between the 80's humor and the humor we see now. I don't know what it is, but I don't think it has anything to do with the gender issue. This is my honest opinion.

PS) I'm one of the few people on this Earth who actually liked the GB16 movie. Hate me if you will.
JurorNo.2, Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
And the fact that the reboot was not trying to out-funny or out-do the original in anyway is why I was able to enjoy it for what it was. Was the reboot perfect? No, of course not! But I don't think it deserves all the hate it's gotten from movie goers, film critics, or anyone else. It could've been SO MUCH WORSE like any movie that reboots a franchise or sequel that tries to outdo the film before that (Transformers being the first film that comes to mind). I was able to enjoy myself and walk out of the movie theater happy and did not feel like my childhood was crapped on.

But hey, I'm just one nerdy guy with unpopular opinions about a lot of things. *shrugs*
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2, robbritton and 1 others liked this
DreamCatcherAM wrote:It could've been SO MUCH WORSE like any movie that reboots a franchise or sequel that tries to outdo the film before that (Transformers being the first film that comes to mind).
When I saw fans defending Bayformers just to bash ATC, I knew there was some bias going down. ;)
Ok dumb question incoming. What the HELL is ATC? What does it stand for? What's it got to do with Ghostbusters? I've been trying to ignore it but now it's bugging me. Someone save me from my brain itch!! It's gonna bother me all day!

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]