For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By Magickman
Hey everyone,

I was thinking....it would be nice to actually get to know some of the ghostheads I'm geographically close to. So anyone at all interested in a East Central Illinois Meet Up? I live in Urbana and work in Champaign myself.

My other friends appreciate my hobby, but most are pure techies and /or gamers (as am I, I just have this too). They think the movies are cool, but they're just not into all this "extra stuff". :lol::grin: Especially with me working on the Ecto-1 project, it would be nice to just get to know some local-ish people that share this common interest and passion for Ghostbusters.

There's PLENTY to do here in Champaign/Urbana -bars, restaurants, movie theatres, more bars, etc.....

So, anyone interested?... I'll even bring the :crunch: bars!
By EctoCooler
I'm a champaign man born and bred so you're not alone. Still a little too early in the year right now. But once the weather warms up a little..(say March/April) I'll be outside full-time working on proton packs. Anybody in the area is more than welcome to come check out my progress. Also For June 16th, I plan on going to the Best Buy in full gear to get the Blu-ray and the Video game. Keep an eye out!
By Magickman
Cool man. Yeah, right now I'm using a 70,000BTU forced air jet heater to keep my garage warm enough to work out in it. I CAN'T WAIT till summer. I'll be work on the 59 Cadillac all winter.

Give me a shout sometime (PM or otherwise). If we get a group together, maybe we can go down to the Blind Pig or something. It would be nice to kick back with a few ghostheads, knock back a few cold ones and talk shop!
By keoni
i would totally be down for it... BUT the only weekend I have free (literally) for July and August is July 30-31st; after August I move...

I say we organize something for the (WizardWorld) Chicago Comic Con.
By Magickman
That weekend works for me. :)

I was thinking everyone could meet at my place in Urbana. We could do a cookout, work on props (I have a decent selection of tools), etc...

Anyone else interested?.....Docshiv? protokev? EctoCooler?

Any and all welcome!
By Magickman
hyperguyver2 wrote:It would be so awsome to meet up with a more local group(located in E. Peoria) I just dont know when I'll actually be available to do so, ill keep you guys in the loop tho!
Yes, please do.

I'm not sure if July 30th-31st is going to work for everyone or not. We may have to look at a different future date. We still have some time left for nice weather, thankfully.

If people could either list, or PM me with upcoming weekends you are free, I can compile a list and get a date that will, hopefully and most likely, work for everyone involved. I'll be gone to GenCon in August and I'm out of town the last part in August for a wedding, so aside from those two things I'm ok with whenever, so everyone else just let me know and we can start to get something planned. :)
By hyperguyver2
I do know that I want to put together a gathering in my area round halloween since that would really turn P-Town upside down! As for anything sooner thats tough I will need to accumilate more PTO from work to take a friday & saturday off to clean up the town with my fellow ghostheads!
By Magickman
I'm up for it. Let's see if we can get the ball rolling.

Who's in?

hyperguyver2?
docshiv?
keoni?
EctoCooler?

Anyone else?

You guys feeling like a cook out and meet up on Saturday?
By hyperguyver2
Anyone got plan for halloween? we could easily plan something then since that give us time to make arrangements and it falls on a sunday this year so work shouldnt be an issue any takers?

Looks like I’ll be clearing some of my colle[…]

I know you didn’t ask me, but here’s[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Some new details on the Buffalo Ghostbusters' cele[…]

I'd love a photo of how you wired up the charging […]