Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
jonogunn wrote: When it says the wandwill be in stock on 06/01/2022 do they mean June or January?
June. They use the first of the month for their tentative release dates of products. For instance, with the Spengler's Neutrona Wand, it was September 1, 2020 but Hasbro Pulse shifted many pre-orders to September 16, 2020.
jonogunn liked this
Hello all,

Long-time Buster, first-time poster. I backed the pack from Hasbro Pulse and got my Spengler Wand and already started modding it based around what you all are doing, which I have to say you guys are thorough geniuses. Egon would be proud.

I don't know if it has been troubleshooted on this site yet, but I think I've discovered a way to keep the idle lights running on the wand (not the activation switch that enables the rumble motor). Both idle and and activated settings seem to shut down after about 30 seconds on non-use, but I found that if you turn on both primer switches on the right (again, activation switch is off) and periodically click in the "Intensify" button before the 30 seconds elapses you can keep the idle lights from shutting down. I tried taping the "Intensify" button down to see if that would make it stay on indefinitely, but the wand will still shutdown after 30 seconds because it does not register any activity on the "Intensify" button.

In summary, you could feasibly carry the wand on your belt with the lights on and just periodically tap the "Intensify" button to keep the lights on. Has there been a work-around already done, or is there a way to hotwire the lights to stay on (leaving the motor and hum off)?

Nighty80, Wafflerobot liked this
Hey man, welcome and thanks for the tip - hadn't noticed this, but can confirm it works perfectly.
I'm sure it's a terrible, hacky idea, but could make a fairly simple timer circuit that closes the activate switch periodically.
Would need to replace replace the 3rd toggle with a DTDP; one channel wired as usual, the other to activate the timer, something like:
Eschilling583 liked this
Has anyone seen this issue before with the light being stuck on after releasing the intensify button?

Update: I'm just going through Hasbro to get this replaced (hopefully they have some in stock yet). And Thank You Kingpin for fixing the Youtube code.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 6th, 2021, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed YouTube code
Turtuv wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 3:51 pm Hi guys, does someone can tell me how to change the Clippard? I want to put a big one, but since I'm not good with manual works I need to know how to proceed. Thank you!
You can unscrew the bolts but the nuts fall out on the other side into the wand. You have to take it apart to retrieve the nuts.
mrmichaelt wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:42 pm Wand restocks on Entertainment Earth in February. Pre-orders are live.
https://twitter.com/GBNewsdotcom/status ... 7793994757
Wait. How are they getting stock BEFORE the friggin actual Hasbro website?

Right now on the Hasbro website is says new wand shipments won’t start until NEXT DECEMBER.

It says 12/01/2022. I was hoping that meant January 12th but then I realized, no, it’s December. That’s insane.

Question. I’m still in the hospital so I can’t check mine but does anyone know if the Matty Wand came with a V Hook connector? I don’t remember if it did.

I have a Matty wand. Though it’s in the box. I prefer the look of it to the Spengler wand but I can’t remember if it had a connector for an eventual proton pack?
RichardLess wrote: December 7th, 2021, 12:14 am
mrmichaelt wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:42 pm Wand restocks on Entertainment Earth in February. Pre-orders are live.
https://twitter.com/GBNewsdotcom/status ... 7793994757
Wait. How are they getting stock BEFORE the friggin actual Hasbro website?

Right now on the Hasbro website is says new wand shipments won’t start until NEXT DECEMBER.

It says 12/01/2022. I was hoping that meant January 12th but then I realized, no, it’s December. That’s insane.

Question. I’m still in the hospital so I can’t check mine but does anyone know if the Matty Wand came with a V Hook connector? I don’t remember if it did.

I have a Matty wand. Though it’s in the box. I prefer the look of it to the Spengler wand but I can’t remember if it had a connector for an eventual proton pack?
Yes the Matty wand does have a v-hook connector.
mrmichaelt liked this
Has anyone here ever have to get your proton pack peace bonded at a convention? Only seen that happen to replica/non-firing/airsoft guns.

Only once recently, at an adult Halloween dance...our team almost walked because knobhead security was waffling on how to deal with our “guns.” And we were invited, promoted guests!
This may well be a sign of things to come in the convention circuit.

We may need to start looking at ways of designing a "peace bonded" version of the barrel for con appearances. Something that can be easily swapped out at home, but not so much at an event.
Although this is slightly bad news, I would still advise people getting the new version of the wand as opposed to the 1st generation.

The new one will be guaranteed to have the foam padding on the barrel extension stop to prevent the barrel lights from breaking after you pop it so many times.

Most people I know don’t pop it for that reason and slow the barrel with their other hand when they extend it.

There is a real probability that more improvements will be added to it as well. I doubt anything will change with regard to the operation or pack compatibility.

But what I’ve heard from Eric recently regarding Hasbro’s preference for retooling leads me to think that there will be many more Hasbro products like traps, an RTV, etc. I really think that towards end of 2023 or early 2024 we will have a classic thrower released as well. If that (hypothetical) product features added functionality or compatibility to the pack is anyones guess. Although it would be prudent of them to future proof the pack somehow for cosplayers.
jonogunn wrote: January 18th, 2022, 5:48 pm Since they are delaying things because of this I wish they would somehow be able to make alternations to the wand so connect it to the haslab pack
As has been discussed previously (and I don't really want to see this topic get bogged down in that conversation again, the board in the Neutrona Wand would need to be physically redesigned so that it could link up to HasLab Pack, and that's obviously an expense Hasbro doesn't feel is justified.

The barrel mod is a small modification that uses existing parts.
Kingpin wrote: January 18th, 2022, 4:55 pm This may well be a sign of things to come in the convention circuit.

We may need to start looking at ways of designing a "peace bonded" version of the barrel for con appearances. Something that can be easily swapped out at home, but not so much at an event.
Curious to see if something similar happens to other wands, such as the Spirit or Fun.com proton packs.
jonogunn liked this
Tight-Pants Jack wrote: January 19th, 2022, 8:05 am Curious to see if something similar happens to other wands, such as the Spirit or Fun.com proton packs.
I imagine it's the inclusion of the shotgun style pump grip on this iteration of the wand that necessitated the orange tip. It's just enough to muddy the waters for a legal department.
One time wrote: January 18th, 2022, 5:58 pm The new one will be guaranteed to have the foam padding on the barrel extension stop to prevent the barrel lights from breaking after you pop it so many times.
That is the first I am hearing of that? Everything I have heard that the new batch of wands being created are going to be exactly the same as the previous (with the now apparent paint deco change).
groschopf wrote: January 19th, 2022, 10:42 am I imagine it's the inclusion of the shotgun style pump grip on this iteration of the wand that necessitated the orange tip. It's just enough to muddy the waters for a legal department.
I wonder also if the scene in the movie where Phoebe is ready to blast away a cop with it played a role. I know cops are super sensitive to stuff like that.
Tight-Pants Jack wrote: January 19th, 2022, 8:05 am
Kingpin wrote: January 18th, 2022, 4:55 pm This may well be a sign of things to come in the convention circuit.

Curious to see if something similar happens to other wands, such as the Spirit or Fun.com proton packs.
My bet is Spirit wouldn’t have to since their wand doesn’t look like something real.
jonogunn wrote:
Tight-Pants Jack wrote: January 19th, 2022, 8:05 am Curious to see if something similar happens to other wands, such as the Spirit or Fun.com proton packs.
My bet is Spirit wouldn’t have to since their wand doesn’t look like something real.
The Hasbro wand doesn't look like something real. Yes I get Hasbro's covering their butt's. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if they included a regular tip you could switch out with the orange one. Short of taking this thing to a shooting range no ones going to mistake this prop for a shot gun and start shooting clay pigeons with it.

(So now I want to see the Ghostbusters shooting clay pigeons in the next movie with their proton packs.)
Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? Fu[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]