Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
So you didn't disassemble the wand, just cut into it?

I actually broke mine down, which results in destroying the end cap at the end of the grip parts that "hold it all together"... but also made dremeling the grip off MUCH easier.

Only thing is now I am getting an aluminum retention ring made to replace the thin plastic that once resided there.
Sgurk Von Spankraght wrote: February 9th, 2022, 1:25 am I had to dremel it off too. It's the only way to do it right. You can't put a 3d printed piece on there because it'll just look weird.
BennyP wrote: February 8th, 2022, 5:48 pm
ProtonPack83 wrote:
That looks so much better! Great job - one of my main gripes with them insisting on adding the little upgrades on everything Egon related is ONE: Egon was smart enough to get it right the FIRST time and TWO: the upgrades look ugly and ruin the aesthetic of that awesome utilitarian 80s tech-y look and honestly they visually look like a regression. I cannot fathom how putting a rifle grip up front will help you handle a thrower any better than an actual finger style grip that it was invented with. I think they really got the "upgrades" wrong and gave fan downgrades. Even the pack doesn't do anything different - it just sounds different and cycles faster, but this is never discussed or talked about "why".
I don’t mind the changes (wouldn’t necessarily call them upgrades), we learn from the film that Egon had very little money (could barely keep the lights on according to Janine)… so it’s not a stretch to imagine that getting replacement parts for non-essential elements that break, such as a grip, weren’t a priority. After 30 years, parts will inevitably deteriorate and need replacing.

If you live in Oklahoma, it’s probably a lot easier and cheaper to get a shotgun grip than a bespoke moulded grip (this is conjecture as I’ve never been to Oklahoma). I like that the changes feed into the ‘Egon was skint’ narrative and that he used whatever was lying around… shotgun grip, grip tape etc…
It's a thoughtful way to think about and I can appreciate that, but I don't see those parts really wearing out when the grips themselves were so durable. I get what they were going for - I mean, it certainly works for the house! The taser PKE was definitely a cool and fun update, as well as the EC trap - both novel concepts, but I feel like the pack simply should have remained the same. It didn't need anything fancy - it is what it is and it does the job in a utilitarian way. Ray was still a bit of a gear head and they all came in with original 84 packs, unmodded as far as we could see.

I could see small changes like hoses and such since those definitely deteriorate over time and are rubber - that would totally make sense. A shotgun grip just seems like such a downgrade for a thrower that we see clearly bucks the user like crazy with all that power behind it - you'd think the grip that was invented in the first place would be the best. I mean, look at Fender guitars, Leo Fender designed the Telecaster in 1950 and the Stratocaster in 1954 by a guy who was total tinkerer and couldn't even play the instruments. Those 2 guitars have remained practically unchanged for 70 years. That's insane, but they did their jobs perfectly and didn't need fixing. I feel the same way about the beauty of the original pack - it was great prop design, like a lightsaber.
One time liked this
Gilmortar wrote: February 9th, 2022, 11:14 am So you didn't disassemble the wand, just cut into it?

I actually broke mine down, which results in destroying the end cap at the end of the grip parts that "hold it all together"... but also made dremeling the grip off MUCH easier.

Only thing is now I am getting an aluminum retention ring made to replace the thin plastic that once resided there.
Yeah, that ring's gotta go too for a welded one but got to keep track of money (just ordered me a flight suit and getting that stuff to belgium costs a lot). Have to look everywhere to find good prices to get it here.

I didn't indeed take it apart, just cut into it. Would have been easier, you're right. But somehow I was scared if I opened it up entirely I might do more damage. Haha. But in the meantime I've taken that thing apart a couple of times so I know my way around it now.
I ordered the wand off of BBTS and it shipped mid April. It came in the old outer box with the do not open early warnings and the September 2020 date and had the silver tip. No orange. So either it was old stock (though being delayed from December of last year tells me probably not and they’re just reusing the old shipping box) or the orange tip change hasn’t happened yet.
I got this today and I seem to have issues. It has activated a couple of times but it seems to be really inconsistent. I turn the two switches on, the the activate switch down, then up as it says on the instructions, but it just turns the unit off, apologies if asked before, but any help would be appreciated. its frustrating because its worked a couple of times, and I dont know whether the sequence is messed up or what. It definitely seems like something is up with it. the more times I'm pressing and flicking the switches trying to get some sort of consistent start up means i'm wearing it out even more
I flip the two on bar graph then flip the activate and it turns the unit off. mines a first run too. had the "dont open tul august 2020 on the box and i have silver tip"

EDIT: I GOT IT WORKING. I THINK I WAS USING DISCOUNT BATTERIES, SO DISCOUNT THAT THEY FAILED TO INITIATE THE HAPTIC FEEDBACK PART OF THE ON CYCLE, THATS WHERE I THINK IT WAS GOING WRONG ... must use DURACELL. lol
Barry Nomad wrote: May 7th, 2022, 5:29 pm I ordered the wand off of BBTS and it shipped mid April. It came in the old outer box with the do not open early warnings and the September 2020 date and had the silver tip. No orange. So either it was old stock (though being delayed from December of last year tells me probably not and they’re just reusing the old shipping box) or the orange tip change hasn’t happened yet.

My Hasbro Pulse preorder of 10/28/21 arrived yesterday.

The outer box has the "do not put on shelf" until August 1, 2020 warning on it.
The red O-sleeve that slips over the inner box with the pictures of the product on it shows a silver tip in the photos.

This makes me think that I received a silver tip, however, I'm not ready to open it up yet to confirm that as I haven't really decided if I want it permanently and may not decide until the pack is out...

Anybody get theirs and see the same clues and open it to confirm?
I received mine that I ordered on 10/28. Mine is the same way that it says about not opening until August 1, 2020. Has anyone had problems with the barrel lights? Mine worked for about 10 minutes then stopped. I have feeling it was cheap batteries, but am not sure. I bought rechargeable energizer's that I am charging up now. If that doesn't work, does anyone know of a way to fix that or should I just contact Hasbro customer service for replacement?
Literally the reason I thought mine was broken because I was using cheap batteries. get some duracells in there. I don't even trust Rechargables really.
and to the other post: I got mine yesterday, Do not open til august box, and yes, it's a silver tip, which stands to reason. I would imagine, without much doubt, yours is also silver tipped.
FYI. I know there’s written instructions and pictures posted here on page 8 that shows how to remove and replace the grips but I found a video on YouTube showing how to do it. It’s good for those who aren’t confident in trying it and want to see it in live action.

oidoglr, kahuna900 liked this
ZLevee wrote: May 29th, 2022, 8:46 pm My neutrino wand, ordered via HasLab 11/06/2021, arrived 5/26/2022, and is silver-tipped, with the packaging as as the folks above described.
Same here, I ordered mine when I preordered the Haslab pack. Other than the orange tip, is there any difference between the two versions of the wand? Mine did come with a second battery cover with a little connector for a hose, but I'm assuming that was part of the original run as well.

I will say, I was really impressed with what I got. It feels heavy and fairly tough, and there is something very satisfying about the different things happening when you flick the switches, and it feels very comfortable in my hands.
jonogunn wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:59 am FYI. I know there’s written instructions and pictures posted here on page 8 that shows how to remove and replace the grips but I found a video on YouTube showing how to do it. It’s good for those who aren’t confident in trying it and want to see it in live action.
Thank you for sharing these! I'm really surprised that I have yet to find a set of grips made especially for this wand that don't require modifying themselves yet.
One time liked this
oidoglr wrote: July 21st, 2022, 10:58 am
jonogunn wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:59 am FYI. I know there’s written instructions and pictures posted here on page 8 that shows how to remove and replace the grips but I found a video on YouTube showing how to do it. It’s good for those who aren’t confident in trying it and want to see it in live action.
Thank you for sharing these! I'm really surprised that I have yet to find a set of grips made especially for this wand that don't require modifying themselves yet.

Same here, I’m still looking for 3D printed front grips that slide over the original. Either the beefier screenused shotgun grip or the original ‘84 finger grip.
oidoglr liked this
One time wrote: November 21st, 2022, 12:57 am Thanks. Though I was wondering whether it’s removeable just by heating and rolling it back, without cutting it.
The rubber "tape wrap" on the Spengler wand is not just a wrap over the grip. It actually makes up part of the grip. If you remove it, a large chunk is missing out of the rear grip which you would need a filler piece for. You can find several options for a Spengler wand grip filler piece on Etsy and Ebay. If you have a 3d printer you can probably just make your own.
zeta otaku, Kingpin liked this
Yeah thanks! I had seen the fake tape removed (by cutting) before and know 2 or 3 finger grips are missing and need to be attached by a custom made 3D printed piece.

I was just wondering if anyone had managed to remove the fake tape rubber piece by simple heating and rolling it off the grip or whether it’s attached or glued on there and requires cutting it off.

Basically if it’s heat removeable I’d do it but if not I don’t want to cut the wand.
One time wrote:Yeah thanks! I had seen the fake tape removed (by cutting) before and know 2 or 3 finger grips are missing and need to be attached by a custom made 3D printed piece.

I was just wondering if anyone had managed to remove the fake tape rubber piece by simple heating and rolling it off the grip or whether it’s attached or glued on there and requires cutting it off.

Basically if it’s heat removeable I’d do it but if not I don’t want to cut the wand.
I don't think it's possible. It's a very thick piece of rubber and doesn't have a lot of flex.
One time liked this
Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? Fu[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]