Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By TheManEatingToaster
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 14th, 2021, 2:28 am Did the Ectoplasm vials release anywhere yet? anybody spot them? Wonder if they ran into similar problems with the goo deteriorating and canned the line?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081W1P8Q2/ ... _lig_dp_it

I found these
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/ML ... hasbro-_JM
By Broccoli
I'm bummed that the Target 2-pack is/was impossible to find (assuming your Target got them). I'm surprised that they took the main character of the movie and had her figure basically as a limited exclusive. I honestly don't care about the other figure. I just want the Pheobe. Here's hoping they do a second run over the next few months (like the MOTU Target exclusive "Origins of Evil" two-pack).
By zeta otaku
I'm hoping it's a LIMITED exclusive item and will be available through Pulse at some point. Then again, hasbro has made some other exclusive 2 packs that were never to be seen at MSRP ever again =_=
deadderek liked this
By Talyn
Just got some Plasma Series Mini Pufts from Target, and these feel like theyre twice the size they should be when compared to an actual marshmallow.
By Wiggyof9
They probably changed size in the movie, but during the s'mores scene we see that the mini puft on the graham cracker is a bit more than half a graham cracker. Using the standard size of 5 inches for the cracker, that puts the puft at roughly 2.6 inches tall, not counting the hat. The figures are supposedly roughly 3.5 inches tall, according to the Amazon listing. If we assume that the height of the figure includes the hat, that is another .5 inches. Total, roughly 3.1 inches.

So, they are probably fairly spot on considering I used a still from a trailer of a marshmallow on a graham cracker to measure.
By Chicken, He Clucked
Other retailers are reporting this is now discontinued so jump on the remaining Zavvi pre-orders assuming they have genuine stock allocation for the end of February. I suspect they might be issuing some cancellations.
By Chicken, He Clucked
GhostbustersZorge wrote: January 13th, 2022, 6:21 am Mine was delivered from zavvi yesterday and the box was smashed, kinda bummed about it :/
That sucks, and with Zavvi's customer service I doubt they'd compensate you.

I guess you could try selling the set with damaged box you received, and then put that money towards a new one on ebay before the price creeps too high? Amazon UK had one for £89.99.

On the plus side at least you have a set.
By GhostbustersZorge
Chicken, He Clucked wrote:
GhostbustersZorge wrote: January 13th, 2022, 6:21 am Mine was delivered from zavvi yesterday and the box was smashed, kinda bummed about it :/
That sucks, and with Zavvi's customer service I doubt they'd compensate you.

I guess you could try selling the set with damaged box you received, and then put that money towards a new one on ebay before the price creeps too high? Amazon UK had one for £89.99.

On the plus side at least you have a set.
Yeah, happy that I got one, I'll just keep it, the packaging is ripped at the side and squeezed open, I can live with that, better than not having a set.

Kingpin wrote:
Were the figures/accessories okay, or had they been damaged as well?
The figures and accessoires are ok, no damage on that part.

The problem was the shipping box i guess. It was one of those narrow boxes without a real top and it "gripped" the figure packaging way too tight.
By GhostbustersZorge

Had to use an external hoster, the direct upload here didn't work.
Last edited by Kingpin on January 15th, 2022, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added image tags
By Kingpin
That packaging is ridiculously flimsy... What is it, 3-4mm thick?

I assume there was no bubble wrap in it.

Out of curiosity, where in the UK are you based? Anywhere close to London?
By GhostbustersZorge
Yes, about as thin as it gets and there was nothing in there (bubblewrap) for additional protection.

I'm not UK based, I'm from Germany. And the fact that they would package it like this to ship it that far really makes me think that they don't give a damn.

I hope the haslab pack will be boxed better by them.
By ProtonPack83
found the Egon/Phoebe 2 pack set at a Target on my way home from work - they had 4 of them, so it will most likely be plentiful elsewhere. I decided to get the one that had a little more of the metallic wash applied to the top of Egon's chest/shoulders - it just stood out more from the rest. Wasn't crazy about the $50 price tag though - what a ripoff. In what amounts to 2 basic figures and their accessories, it should have been around the $40 price point. I'm not sure how they justify this other than "exclusive!". Now watch they will sit around forever and go to clearance and everyone will be able to find them...

One improvement I REALLY like though is the solid plasma stream instead of the flimsy one like Winston's. It makes the whole beam a lot more sturdy and easy to handle. I just can't figure out why it's gold and purple instead of the orange and blue like it's supposed to be? Lucky's stream was like that too - I assumed pre-movie we'd see a new color stream like that because of Spengler-ized attachments, but there was no such stream in the movie.

By deadderek
ProtonPack83 wrote: January 24th, 2022, 8:55 pm found the Egon/Phoebe 2 pack set at a Target on my way home from work - they had 4 of them, so it will most likely be plentiful elsewhere. I decided to get the one that had a little more of the metallic wash applied to the top of Egon's chest/shoulders - it just stood out more from the rest. Wasn't crazy about the $50 price tag though - what a ripoff. In what amounts to 2 basic figures and their accessories, it should have been around the $40 price point. I'm not sure how they justify this other than "exclusive!". Now watch they will sit around forever and go to clearance and everyone will be able to find them...

One improvement I REALLY like though is the solid plasma stream instead of the flimsy one like Winston's. It makes the whole beam a lot more sturdy and easy to handle. I just can't figure out why it's gold and purple instead of the orange and blue like it's supposed to be? Lucky's stream was like that too - I assumed pre-movie we'd see a new color stream like that because of Spengler-ized attachments, but there was no such stream in the movie.

The plasma figures each come to about $23 or so each around where I live. Throw in taxes and it's pretty much $50.

What pisses me off to no end was making the most sought after figure a Target exclusive. Michigan Target stores didn't even receive any. 😒
By Kingpin
The colour of the streams may be based on a aesthetic choice for Afterlife that was ultimately dropped... Like how the Mayhem figure from the 2016 toys was red even though it was green in final movie.
By Broccoli
Who has two thumbs and got the Phoebe/Egon two-pack? This guy!

It looks like some Targets got more in. I was looking up something on Target's website and the two-pack was "suggested", so I clicked on it and saw that there were a few in stock at a local Target of mine. When I did a broader search, I noticed that a few in my general area had "limited" stock.

Those looking for it, check out Target.com and see if a local one has it.
By Ecto24601
GhostbustersZorge wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:16 am Yes, about as thin as it gets and there was nothing in there (bubblewrap) for additional protection.

I'm not UK based, I'm from Germany. And the fact that they would package it like this to ship it that far really makes me think that they don't give a damn.

I hope the haslab pack will be boxed better by them.
I feel sorry for you. My order from zavvi just arrived (one month earlier than expected!) and it was in near perfect condition, very well packed.

I'm so happy to hold it in my hands instead of looking at pictures online. The figures are great. Finally I can complete both terror dogs! Really need a scale Ecto now-and a Haslab firehouse HQ.
Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 30th, 2022, 6:11 am I wasn't going to pick up the 2-pack but glad I did. The Egon figure is easily one of the best bits of Afterlife merch.
I also love the opened-up Proton Pack accessory, and Pheobe's reasonably-well executed as the figures go. It's a shame it's a special set as it works well enough on its own if people didn't want to collect the whole series.
By ProtonPack83
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 30th, 2022, 6:11 am I wasn't going to pick up the 2-pack but glad I did. The Egon figure is easily one of the best bits of Afterlife merch.
I agree - I didn't bother getting any of the other guys just because I already have the 84 team and it feels not unique enough. My only qualm is that both Egon and Phoebe look like they have shop glasses instead of simple rimmed glasses. The sides flare back all the way to the cheek so it almost looks more like goggles, or again, woodshop glasses in particular. Seems like a simple paint app issue that could be fixed.
By Fritz
So my friend who used to work for Hasbro let me know about this:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostb ... collection
The four horsemen of the apocalypse? Kind of… Only they aren’t here to bring about the apocalypse—they’re here to stop it! We’ve crossed streams with Mego Corporation, creators of a classic action figure style featuring soft goods costume pieces, to bring these classic Ghostbusters characters into the fun, Mego style for the first time ever, with the same premium details Ghostbusters fans are looking to trap! Featuring detailed head sculpts for realistic likenesses and movie-inspired accessories, including 4 Proton Packs with Neutrona Wands, 4 Ghost Traps, a P.K.E. Meter, and even Ray Stantz’s iconic Ecto Goggles, this Hasbro Pulse x Mego Ghostbusters 4-pack is coming to save the world!

Includes: 4 figures and 10 accessories.

Iconic Ghostbusters characters in a nostalgic, 8-inch-scale Mego style
Premium Hasbro attention to detail
Detailed head sculpts and paint hits honor the OG busters
Removeable soft-goods costume pieces with character-inspired detailing
Character-inspired ghost bustin’ gear accessories
Highly poseable for play or display… your way
Collectible packaging inspired by the classic 1984 Ghostbusters movie
I'm...thinking about it. As someone who was old enough to have had Megos back in the day, I was one of the few Ghostheads who actually liked Mattel's Mego-esque Retro Action Real Ghostbusters.
Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]