Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Nerd Loft Gaming
Leolao wrote: August 31st, 2021, 11:59 pm
Broccoli wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but Hasbro PulseCon is happening October 22 and 23. Ghostbusters will be represented this year. Any speculation/hopes on what will be revealed? If memory serves, last year they revealed the Wrecto Plasma Series and the retro Ghost Popper.
Hopefully:
-Plasma Series Real Ghostbusters with Samhain or Boogieman BAF
-1/12 Ecto 1 or Ecto 2
-More Prop Replicas
-New Firehouse
New firehouse for the retro figures, please! I'd love to see a full size Proton Pack to go with the Spengler Wand 🤞
By 910dohead
Well, I will be a little more realistic in my reply.

We still don't really know who the main baddie for Afterlife is just yet. Chances are there is an action figure in the pipeline for whoever that may be. Maybe a Muncher figure in the Plasma series or the dead miner we see in the trailer? There is also Dana Barrett, Janine Melnitz and Paul Rudd's character. If any of that is planned, we probably won't see any reveals until after Afterlife hits theaters (but they will want something on shelves for Christmas).

As far as classic figures goes, it would be really nice if the Plasma series would dip into Ghostbusters 2 and produce a Vigo figure. However, I wont get my hopes up as it seems this figure line is going for the typical characters you would expect to see. We haven't seen anything beyond main and secondary characters yet and Hasbro has already dipped into producing slime covered variants of the 4 Ghostbusters. If that doesn't spell it out then I don't know what will.

Real Ghostbusters Kenner Classics? If that is continuing, (which sadly I think its been cancelled) we might see a few more ghosts and maybe something like Ecto-2 or another wave of figures. A big surprise would be the firehouse playset but I really don't see that happening. I could be wrong but I don't think the Ecto-1 even made it to retail before Walmart started to clearance out the line. That seemed to be an online exclusive only.

Honestly, what I see happening is they'll use a short amount of time to advertise the Plasma Afterlife figures as well as the Fright Feature line and then drop one or two new items like an RC trap or a few new role playing items. Probably a mini-puft 12" plush priced at $60 to be honest Haha.
By Broccoli
I hear what you are saying, but I wonder if they had to hold back due to the release of Afterlife. I can't see Hasbro (who milks everything they line they have) casually releasing figures for a toy line, especially compared to their other lines for Star Wars, Marvel, GI Joe, Power Rangers, etc. Those other lines are flooded with figures.

While GB may not have the hefty amount of characters like those other properties, I can't see Hasbro not getting the license to just let it sit ideally.

I have a sneaking suspicion that after Afterlife is released, the Plasma series will really start to open up. Maybe not as much as Marvel Legends, but I wouldn't be surprised if the other aspects of the franchise start getting represented like GBII, RGB, XGB, and ATC (assuming the license includes all of that).
By featofstrength
Pulsecon will reveal all...I figure, if real Plasma scale Ecto-1 was ever part of Hasbro's plan, it would have to be announced before the movie is released and cools off. I would guess the same for any proton pack dreams. Heck, Im not even sure if a Plasma Slimer figure is gonna make it out at this point...would make a nice stretch goal tier for the car, I suppose.
By ProtonPack83
Route66GB wrote: August 31st, 2021, 11:22 am I went to a Target a month or so ago and saw they had the toys out and didn't get anything at the time. I've been back several times and haven't seen a single figure or set. Empty hooks always.
I've found the exact same thing - plenty of new GB stuff to go around then after everybody cleaned it out, nothing to replace it. I can't even find GB pegs at Target as they are buried in with Transformers and other stuff.
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
It's very frustrating as my state has about 20 franchises, so between them and the scalpers GB stuff never lasts long on the shelves at all.

You will NEVER just casually walk into Walmart and/or Target to full pegs of GB stuff. Never.
By 910dohead
I have the UPC's for all of the new Plasma series figures but Brickseek doesn't recognize any of them. Target is always a let down for me when I drive two cities over in person. I'd like to not waste my gas or my time. However, I have them pre-ordered on BBTS so I will just save the gas money. Wish it were that easy with Walmart and those new vintage turtles. Same issue there.
By SpaceBallz
Our toy shelves at our Wal-Mart are still almost bare still, it's weird.
By delta88
SpaceBallz wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 1:42 pm Our toy shelves at our Wal-Mart are still almost bare still, it's weird.
I think with WalMarts involvement in the movie your going to see a huge marketing push from them. Including an expanded toy selection.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
At my local Target today, I got a Plasma series Trevor action figure. I noticed that a lot of the Ghostbusters merchandise that was in the toy department during my last visit had sold. Apart from the Trevor action figure I bought, only a handful of Fright Features action figures and the MOD Proton Blaster nothing else was on the shelves. Hope that Target restocks again soon.
By 910dohead
delta88 wrote: September 4th, 2021, 8:39 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 1:42 pm Our toy shelves at our Wal-Mart are still almost bare still, it's weird.
I think with WalMarts involvement in the movie your going to see a huge marketing push from them. Including an expanded toy selection.
Walmart toy aisles near me are ghost towns. I would like to agree with you but their aisles look like one would think they're going out of business. I am not even going to go as far as saying Covid and shipping restrictions did this, but this has been ongoing for years prior. I think only certain type of Walmart planogram-set stores will maybe get a dump bin of product. You're giving Walmart too much credit of being a competent retailer that audits its product properly. Target is just as bad at this. A huge marketing push would be great and plentiful product would be great but I really don't see it happening.
By SpaceBallz
It's not just our Wal-Mart, Meijer is pretty bare too. It's not just lack of GB merch, it's everything.
By matthoover
Came across this Lucky packaged in Trevor packaging at my local Wal-Mart yesterday; the only figure left on the hooks. Should I list on eBay or hold? Hunting for a complete set, not sure if I this will have value long-term.

By VenomSymbiote
That's clearly Drool the dogfaced Goblin and you can't convince me that the pumpkin isn't meant to be Sam Hain. Make figures of them, you bastards! I saw the whole set of Freight Features at Walmart the other day. Told some family that was with me if they wanted a quick cheap gift for Christmas for me to snag all four of the guys. I was honestly surprised how stocked the toy shelves were. They've been extremely barebones in everything from Marvel Legends to GB to Power Rangers. The other day? Still no Marvel but they had all sorts of the freight features, neutrino wand, plasma series, etc. I didn't care for it but they even had a Green Ranger over by the Power Rangers stuff which I've never seen one in store ever. I guess a shipment finally came in from somewhere. Was sad I didn't see the pack along with the neutrino wand though. Might have picked them up if I had.
By Alex Newborn
Apologies if this has already been discussed and I'm simply overlooking it...

Has anyone opened their Trevor and Lucky yet?

Do their packs simply not have the horizontal piece between the shoulder straps?

The OG-busters all have it, but the teens don't. I suspect it's intentionally omitted because of their long hair sculpts needing clearance to move, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't have two defective figures.

Also, my Trevor's got one weird foot. It's like his shoe part wasn't all the way in when they assembled him. Anyone else have this problem?

Alex
By Prime 1986
Alex Newborn wrote: October 25th, 2021, 6:23 am Apologies if this has already been discussed and I'm simply overlooking it...

Has anyone opened their Trevor and Lucky yet?

Do their packs simply not have the horizontal piece between the shoulder straps?

The OG-busters all have it, but the teens don't. I suspect it's intentionally omitted because of their long hair sculpts needing clearance to move, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't have two defective figures.

Also, my Trevor's got one weird foot. It's like his shoe part wasn't all the way in when they assembled him. Anyone else have this problem?

Alex
Yeah they both don't have the ALICE brace at the top of the straps. And I didn't have any issues with the foot.
Alex Newborn liked this
By Ecto24601
Waiting for news on Phoebe. Pretty safe she'll come with a PKE taser. And if it's a two-pack...well...you know. Wouldn't that be great?
By An Invisible Bed
Why is there no plasma series figure of Phoebe? That seems like a pretty huge and weird omission considering she's featured on the side of the box and is.. ya know, the main character of the movie.

If they felt like more than 6 figures was too much I don't know why she wouldn't take precedence over any of the other 3 young Ghostbusters, again, considering she's the main character.

Maybe there will be one later on though, we can only hope.
By deadderek
An Invisible Bed wrote: November 20th, 2021, 2:19 am Why is there no plasma series figure of Phoebe? That seems like a pretty huge and weird omission considering she's featured on the side of the box and is.. ya know, the main character of the movie.

If they felt like more than 6 figures was too much I don't know why she wouldn't take precedence over any of the other 3 young Ghostbusters, again, considering she's the main character.

You must not be paying attention. She comes out next month:

By cristovalc
For anyone doubting the size and scale of the Hasbro pack, Adam Savage has a deep dive on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc2jXrxI1SU

I'm highly impressed! Some notables is that, like the Spengler wand it's designed to be modded (and looks a wee bit more mod friendly at that with less of a need for dremelling parts away), and comes with all the adapter pieces you need to add on your own LC-1 Alice frame. There is also a secondary dummy switch that you can apply your own electronic needs to.
By Chicken, He Clucked
Never satisfied, the entitled fanboy (me) yells into the void: Sure. the new Plasma two-set is good... but I'd prefer Phoebe in the standard outfit she wears throughout the film, not the flight suit. Maybe in a later line...
By featofstrength
You know what I’d prefer? A Hasbro pulse exclusive, rather than Target.

Also, would have been nice to have the correct terror dog head thrown in with the last, more appropriate exclusive set
By An Invisible Bed
deadderek wrote: November 20th, 2021, 2:45 am
An Invisible Bed wrote: November 20th, 2021, 2:19 am Why is there no plasma series figure of Phoebe? That seems like a pretty huge and weird omission considering she's featured on the side of the box and is.. ya know, the main character of the movie.

You must not be paying attention. She comes out next month:

My bad, thanks for the info.
By Ecto24601
I badly want a 1:12 Afterlife Ecto-1 for the Plasma Series.

Also, if you haven't seen the movie, DO NOT OPEN BELOW SPOILER TAGS!!!
This Post Contains Spoilers
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]