Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Fritz
I guess I'm about the only one who cares about the Fright Features 2021 line, the Kenner-esque figures that are the cheaper, less articulated, cartoonier alternative to the Plasma Series, but here's some pictures:

First, the original Ghostbusters:

I put some little rubber bands on the proton throwers to get them to aim them a little more like the old figures; the FF21 proton packs are a lot more accurate than the old RGB figure ones, but with no wrist or elbow articulation, getting them to "aim" naturally is impossible.

While we're at it, how do they compare to the RGB repops Hasbro did in 2020?

"Wow! This is like an old issue of Justice League of America!!!"

One big difference--the four FF21 figures all have the exact same bodies. RGB Ray is a noticable bit shorter than FF21 Ray.

"Honestly? This isn't even on the top ten weirdest things that've happened to me in this job"

One other thing the RGB Series 1 and the FF21 proton packs have in common: they work better with the neutrona wands mounted upside down. You have to with the RGB figures (unless you cut the beams off) while the rubbery stuff the 21 packs are made out of is too stiff to really want to bend the "right" way.

'You still don't look anything like me."

"Wait what?! You had a child with someone who wasn't Janine?!"

Egon's the only one who's about the same height.

The 86, 20, and 21 proton packs are basically not compatible. The 20 figures have the smallest peg holes, followed by the 21s, with the 86 being the biggest...which actually means that with a little ingenuity, say one of those tiny rubber bands I mentioned earlier...

Now we almost have Ectozone Egon!!!

Anyway, as my last post mentioned the Afterlife kids are starting to appear, so here they are:

I think it's hilarious how Trevor's ghost looks kind of like an ugly Chikorita.

Podcast gets a smaller version of the Bug Eye Ghost.

Lucky Domingo.

And Phoebe and Muncher.

Group shot.

Hey look! A Phoebe and Egon that didn't cost $100!!!

So I had to have a little fun with my photoshop program:

The exciting and tear-jerking conclusion of Ghostbusters: Afterlife

"Wait...you're my subscriber?!"

As you can see, the GBA kids get different bodies in addition to more paint applications--the exception being Trevor, who appears to reuse the same body as the OGBs. Someone more daring than I am could probably take a Trevor and a Venkman, switch their legs, and make a more accurate Venkman with untucked pants that way.
By TheManEatingToaster
Fritz wrote: February 9th, 2022, 2:02 pm I guess I'm about the only one who cares about the Fright Features 2021 line, the Kenner-esque figures that are the cheaper, less articulated, cartoonier alternative to the Plasma Series, but here's some pictures:

First, the original Ghostbusters:

I put some little rubber bands on the proton throwers to get them to aim them a little more like the old figures; the FF21 proton packs are a lot more accurate than the old RGB figure ones, but with no wrist or elbow articulation, getting them to "aim" naturally is impossible.

While we're at it, how do they compare to the RGB repops Hasbro did in 2020?

"Wow! This is like an old issue of Justice League of America!!!"

One big difference--the four FF21 figures all have the exact same bodies. RGB Ray is a noticable bit shorter than FF21 Ray.

"Honestly? This isn't even on the top ten weirdest things that've happened to me in this job"

One other thing the RGB Series 1 and the FF21 proton packs have in common: they work better with the neutrona wands mounted upside down. You have to with the RGB figures (unless you cut the beams off) while the rubbery stuff the 21 packs are made out of is too stiff to really want to bend the "right" way.

'You still don't look anything like me."

"Wait what?! You had a child with someone who wasn't Janine?!"

Egon's the only one who's about the same height.

The 86, 20, and 21 proton packs are basically not compatible. The 20 figures have the smallest peg holes, followed by the 21s, with the 86 being the biggest...which actually means that with a little ingenuity, say one of those tiny rubber bands I mentioned earlier...

Now we almost have Ectozone Egon!!!

Anyway, as my last post mentioned the Afterlife kids are starting to appear, so here they are:

I think it's hilarious how Trevor's ghost looks kind of like an ugly Chikorita.

Podcast gets a smaller version of the Bug Eye Ghost.

Lucky Domingo.

And Phoebe and Muncher.

Group shot.

Hey look! A Phoebe and Egon that didn't cost $100!!!

So I had to have a little fun with my photoshop program:

The exciting and tear-jerking conclusion of Ghostbusters: Afterlife

"Wait...you're my subscriber?!"

As you can see, the GBA kids get different bodies in addition to more paint applications--the exception being Trevor, who appears to reuse the same body as the OGBs. Someone more daring than I am could probably take a Trevor and a Venkman, switch their legs, and make a more accurate Venkman with untucked pants that way.
I couldn't find any of the Fright Features in stores, I had to look for them on Big Bad Toy Store they sell the figures for like 12 dollars, like half of the figures in the line were sold out but I got Egon, Ray, Phoebe, Trevor and I also bought the Ecto 1. Also, I like that 3D printed PKE Meter!!!!
By Chicken, He Clucked
I haven't been able to find any of the fright features second wave in stores or online retailers in my country. Ebay they cost £40 which is not worth it.

I'll pick up Podcast if I find one.
By Fritz
The original wave did seem to come out slowly at first, then for a couple months it seemed like it was very well stocked at the Walmarts and Targets in my area (West Side of Indianapolis, which mostly means the nearby places like Plainfield and Avon.) before selling out between the movie premiere and Christmas.

Thus far the wave two ones only showed up in one place, the Walmart in Plainfield, which is where mine came from.
By dantonvfx
Has anyone that ordered the Pack Phoebe+Egon Plasma Series from Zavvi had any issues? Mine shipped Jan 8th, and it hasn;t arrived yet, plus the tracking info doens't work. ANyone else like me?
By 910dohead
zeta otaku wrote: February 9th, 2022, 9:40 pm I never saw the afterlife FF figures in the wild, just the OG FFs. Been going nuts trying not to pay 2 to 3 times more than retail for them.
You're not the only one. I've been on the lookout and nobody either had them or is ever going to get them. I don't even know where to purchase them besides Amazon? Oh wait, nevermind. I had them pre-ordered on BBTS. I'll have to look into that.
deadderek liked this
By Fritz
slaysghosts wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 9:13 am Elbow pads and undershirts
Good going. I painted on the elbow pads on mine the other day, but decided the shirts were just a little too small to feel confident about doing.

I joked with my brother about only painting one of the elbow pads on each Ghostbuster to make them even more like the classic RGB figures :lol:
slaysghosts liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@mdb, I certainly hope so there are many more characters from all three movies that do not currently have action figures. I really hope that the Kenner Classics continue as well, it was really nice to get a complete set of first series action figures mint on card without having to pay an arm and both legs for them. Plus ,I never owned a Bugeye ghost or Fearsome Flush until last year.
Last edited by Peter Venkman Jr. on March 9th, 2022, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Broccoli
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: February 25th, 2022, 3:22 pm @mdb, I certainly hope so there are many more characters from the first two movies that do not currently have action figures. I really hope that the Kenner Classics continue as well, it was really nice to get a complete set of first series action figures mint on card without having to pay an arm and both legs for them. Plus ,I never owned a Bugeye ghost or Fearsome Flush until last year.
I can't help but feel that Hasbro is largely done with the GB line. I want to be wrong, but since there has been no announcements for any further waves at this point, it doesn't look good. I know the mini-pufts are expected to be coming out soon, but there has been no indication of anything beyond that. Hasbro loves to tease what is coming next, so it is odd that it has been quiet from the GB front.
seekandannoy liked this
By mrmichaelt
Broccoli wrote:I can't help but feel that Hasbro is largely done with the GB line. I want to be wrong, but since there has been no announcements for any further waves at this point, it doesn't look good. I know the mini-pufts are expected to be coming out soon, but there has been no indication of anything beyond that. Hasbro loves to tease what is coming next, so it is odd that it has been quiet from the GB front.
I'd wager they would have been some announcements last month but Toy Fair got cancelled. I'm think it's fair to speculate Hasbro will just hold off until Wonder Con in April, Comic Con in July or their PulseCon in the fall to announce what's next.
deadderek liked this
By timeware
With Covid finally winding down things should be getting back to normal. (crosses streams thats the case. )
Last edited by timeware on March 9th, 2022, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By deadderek
I doubt we'll see more Retro figures at this point, and I REALLY hope we at least get 1 more Plasma wave. Come on....I want the new Gozer as a figure.
By Broccoli
What do people here think? With SDCC coming up later this month, do you think there will be any announcements/product reveals for the Plasma series? The line has been dormant once Afterlife hit theaters, which is an odd move for Hasbro who love to shove product out.

With the news of a new moving coming in about a year and a half, I would hope Hasbro would want to take advantage of it hype buildup. Think there will be any news of something with this line?
By Peter Venkman Jr.
I would think with San Diego Comic Con around the corner, Hasbro will likely make announcement regarding the line. It seems like perfect timing since both Mattel and DST made announcements regarding their Ghostbusters toys at SDCC during the years they produced them. I am especially curious to know if the Kenner Classics line will be continuing.
CitizenBuster liked this
By Broccoli
That is a great question with the Kenner Classics. If this was a month ago, I'd say they were done. But with the line now available at online retailers, I suppose anything is possible.
By Ectojeff88
We need a Kenner Trap reissue. Aside from no sounds or lights, it’s perfect! Really should never have a proton pack without a functional trap.

I am still shocked the RTV toy did not have normal trap function. The popping muncher feature was so weird.
seekandannoy liked this
By zeta otaku
Without a constant series or an entire universe of characters with names and lore like Star Wars to push the line, the Plasma series is one of those things that can be back burnered. I can almost guarantee it'll be back around the next movie.... which, unless they introduce new characters, will be re-releases of present day Ray and Winston along with new figures for AT LEAST Phoebe and Trevor with size appropriate flightsuits... and different pack-ins as well.
Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]