Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Lee FW wrote:I'm guessing for two frames it wasn't worth the headache and even though chances are it would've been cool they just went on the side of caution
I understand the logic, but given they would've had to have sought permission to depict depict the exterior of the building, surely it would've made sense to have put in a request to depict it's iconic lobby?
Kingpin wrote: I understand the logic, but given they would've had to have sought permission to depict depict the exterior of the building, surely it would've made sense to have put in a request to depict it's iconic lobby?
This Post Contains Spoilers
robbritton liked this
Kingpin wrote:
Lee FW wrote:I'm guessing for two frames it wasn't worth the headache and even though chances are it would've been cool they just went on the side of caution
I understand the logic, but given they would've had to have sought permission to depict depict the exterior of the building, surely it would've made sense to have put in a request to depict it's iconic lobby?
Technically any building before 1990 isn't covered by the same copyright restrictions as newer builds so exterior wouldn't have posed too much of an issue, especially as it's in a public space. Interior however includes a lot of design elements thats could be argued aren't necessarily architectural. Also even if they got permission for one doesn't mean they'd get the same result for the other, all depends on how it's gonna be depicted. A ghost battle in the lobby may not be on their list of acceptable usages. (man this conversation is some nitpicky nerdery on both our sides here :sigh: )

Back to the comic itself I'm definitely enjoying this one, has a Real Ghostbusters vibe that I really appreciate.
robbritton liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:ATC #4 got bumped a week to February 14. Probably not the last time.
:cool:--Valentine's Day. Bummer.

I gotta say, after two issues I'm enjoying this more than any Ghostbusters story in years. No crowds of guest stars. No interdimensional crossovers. Just four Ghostbusters versus a nasty entity.

At least we now know IDW is still capable of telling those stories.
It amazes me how much easier it is to enjoy these characters in someone other than Feig and Dippold's hands. 101 and now this series have done what they were unable to do and give the characters depth. I recently picked up the first issue and was surprised how much the ATC team felt like Ghostbusters.
groschopf liked this
DarkSpectre wrote:It amazes me how much easier it is to enjoy these characters in someone other than Feig and Dippold's hands. 101 and now this series have done what they were unable to do and give the characters depth. I recently picked up the first issue and was surprised how much the ATC team felt like Ghostbusters.
I never understood the 'no depth' argument regarding the ATC characters. It's only because GB2 exists, the many cartoons and comics we got any depth to the original crew, and to be fair ATC gave their character depth from the start.

Anyways, I agree with Fritz. I'm a bit fatigued on the whole crossover spiel. Just GB busting ghosts is a welcome change.
robbritton, *NormalGamer*, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
I still feel that Feig and Dippold's writng of their own characters is vastly inferior to the comic writers. Maybe that's because the comic writers are actually writing them as characters and not as vessels for constant improv. I dunno. I like them much better in the comics then I do on film.
mrmichaelt liked this
DarkSpectre wrote: Maybe that's because the comic writers are actually writing them as characters and not as vessels for constant improv. I dunno. I like them much better in the comics then I do on film.
Interesting point. Going into the comics, who were your favorite ATC Ghostbusters and did that change as you read more of the comics? For me, I liked Holtzmann and Patty the most. After 101 and this latest ATC issue, that hasn't changed.
mrmichaelt wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote: Maybe that's because the comic writers are actually writing them as characters and not as vessels for constant improv. I dunno. I like them much better in the comics then I do on film.
Interesting point. Going into the comics, who were your favorite ATC Ghostbusters and did that change as you read more of the comics? For me, I liked Holtzmann and Patty the most. After 101 and this latest ATC issue, that hasn't changed.
I have to agree that the characters are written way better here. Patty is the only one in the ATC crew that I really like. She seems to be the most grounded. Holtzman's antics really get old to me and I still can't stand Erin and Abby. These are not my favorite characters, but I feel they do deserve to shine. I am hoping that the rest of this mini is awesome. Still hoping this mini does well. I think Melanie Ortiz needs her own comic. For that matter so does Jenny. There is so much that she can do now that she is Ghost. :):):)
I'm happy the new crew gets some love instead of just being seen as vessels for whatever.

Besides perhaps a better writer, it might have something to do with your mind filling in the blanks as well. In a movie, every intonation and gesture is telegraphed, but since you only get a frame and no sound in a comic, you automatically insert the rest yourself, to your liking.
Diamond added the RI cover for ATC #3 to Previews World's website. A Patty. On first glance, it looks to be from Ch. 16 when they celebrate in the Jacob Wirth Co. Restaurant, but it's also a direct swipe from an official still added to the Ghostbusters website gallery on February 2, 2016.
https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage ... 832?type=1
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/File ... 6Patty.jpg
I concur with Phil. Tolan is definitely the most well written and enjoyable of the 4 in the comics. Overall the comics have made them feel like Ghostbusters. However, I think they may have went a little too far with Holtzmann in the comics. In the film she was quirky and said weird things but still came off as an adult but both 101 and the ATC make her feel like a child. Like when I read her in the books I don't read her as being an adult. Overall this series has a promising start and feels like a GB book.
1/31: Tom posted another ATC #4 teaser with Holtz colored and notes he's one step closer to approving to print.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/958863952611389440

2/1: Corin posted a corner of a cover she's inking. For the win with Ira. I'd guess whatever regular cover with Erin so #4 or #5.
https://twitter.com/Rin237/status/959186514889625601
*NormalGamer* liked this
ISSUE #3

Main Story
Easter Eggs
zeta otaku, Alphagaia, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
I had forgotten about the new trap! I thought it was just an artistic thing (in my defense, issue one came out a while ago and my comics are packed up my move soon). I really hope this spins into it's own on going next to the prime team's comic.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]