For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Wow I have to say this game looks pretty fun. Not near as fun as the game from 2009, but I’d say that this is a welcome addition. I mean we had the 2009 video game, the 2 Beeline Android games, Playmobil Game, the Ghostbusters content in the Monster Dash, Family Guy and Jet Pack Joyride and Ghostbusters World. We also had the GB themed content in LEGO Dimensions, Into The Dead and Planet Coaster. The more Ghostbusters stuff out there the better. ;)

This is the first really big new announcement regarding the franchise since Ghostbusters Afterlife, so I’d say the possibilities of Ghost Corps un shelving a couple of the previous projects that were in development ie Ecto Force and The Animated feature film are becoming more likely.

Now we just need to hope that this game is fun. ;)

Again I think there will be even more coming out of this franchise real soon. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on March 25th, 2022, 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm concerned about the replay value and the location limitations. Looks promising but I would really like to drive the Ecto or at the very least have a mission where you can drive the remote control trap from the traps point of view.

I played Friday the 13th and looking at their lack of DLC for that game and reports of glitches still remaining unfixed doesn't give me confidence.

Graphics are top notch but again I had my concerns when this company was given the Ghostbusters license.

All I can ask is this game doesn't get abandoned when it comes out and its years before we get another GB game. This could be it for awhile.

Isn't illfonic behind the evil dead game? If you can possess Ash's car I would love to be able to possess Ecto with Slimer.
jonogunn liked this
The games success is definitely based on its longevity. And to do that the developers need to keep coming out with constant updates and patches.

The most popular games now a days are mainly the ones who have have the most updates to keep it fresh.

Crazy to think a lot of the most popular ones are free too!

Makes me a little sad that Overcooked never got the same kind of commitment by the developers. It’s a great game…simple and has so much potential for more than what they gave us but other than new levels every now and then they didn’t give anything new and it slowly died off. Yet I totally felt it had the same potential as Fortnite and fall guys.
timeware wrote: March 25th, 2022, 11:19 pm I'm concerned about the replay value and the location limitations. Looks promising but I would really like to drive the Ecto or at the very least have a mission where you can drive the remote control trap from the traps point of view.

I played Friday the 13th and looking at their lack of DLC for that game and reports of glitches still remaining unfixed doesn't give me confidence.

Graphics are top notch but again I had my concerns when this company was given the Ghostbusters license.

All I can ask is this game doesn't get abandoned when it comes out and its years before we get another GB game. This could be it for awhile.
The thing with Friday 13th is they planned to continue updates with new maps / locations / costumes etc. but the license got embroiled in a court battle and stopped them in their tracks.

Having said that, even with a handful of maps and a small selection of movesets for the killer & counselors - the randomisation ensures Friday 13th is infinitely replayable. It's tense, immersive and scary. The proximity chat mechanic was superb.

The main criticisms I would level at Illfonic are:

1) They didn't consider re-skinning F13th to make a new slasher game they could support for years a la Dead by Daylight. Because I believe there is a market for this and it is fundamentally a much better multiplayer slasher game than DbD.

2) They didn't have enough experience handling toxicity in the community and didn't know how to respond to griefeing. The game shipped with friendly fire active, meaning counselors could shoot and injure other counselors - this actually worked quite well as you'd get accidental hits sometimes, or would double-cross each other to escape at the end of the round. But obviously this caused an outcry around team killing. Instead of introducing a reputation system, or adjusting the mechanics so that this was balanced as part of the game - they removed team killing. Problem solved? Well no, because then griefers moved to an even worse tactic... siding with Jason. So you'd play games where other counselors would follow you around, and give up their location to Jason, purely to attract him so he would kill you. And you couldn't attack them to stop this because friendly fire was disabled. There were some other emergent bugs, exploits and toxic behaviour but the removal of friendly fire and the opportunity for victims to defend themselves ultimately killed multiplayer with randoms.

Even so it remains a great party game if you can get 5-6 friends together.

I don't think Ghostbusters should have any of these issues because it's a very different type of game (the Ghostbusters aren't trying to hide).
I really hope future content is handled right. Between the movies, the cartoons, comics, and original designs, there's just SO MUCH they can add as far as ghosts go.

One thing I want, but doubt we'll get, is the option to turn off the cosmetic add-ons to upgraded proton packs. Unlike the additional tech added on to the packs in the 2009 game (which fit the overall aesthetics of the packs and other gear), the upgraded parts all seem to have that tacky, shiny/glow-y bits because NEW TECH REASONS.

I'm super pumped for this game and I hope they do an early access or open beta testing :D
RedSpecial, deadderek liked this
Davideverona wrote: March 31st, 2022, 3:04 am Anyone knows how the storyline is?

It's a sequel of Afterlife or it just took some known elements from it and build its own universe?
No mention of what the exact storyline is so far. It seems like something in the vein of Extreme Ghostbusters or Sanctum of Slime, a time skip x years into the future and some of the elder Ghostbusters guiding a new team along. And the title itself implies something gets freed like we've seen in past projects like RGB, EGB, or TVG and the GBs have to mop it up. As as the gameplay connotes, it involves interdimensional rifts opening up around NY that the GBs also have to seal up with their proton streams. So again, another kinda parallel to TVG.

The 2 Illfonic execs interviewed earlier this month did mention they started pitching the game long before Afterlife, so it's been a long process for them. I'd guess they were then privy to elements of Afterlife and they later incorporated the notion of Winston running Ghostbusters and Ray being in Ray's Occult. Or it was dog luck they were planning the same thing before they even heard of Afterlife.
I'm looking at the avatars for the game. I really would like to see full customization instead of having fixed characters.

After playing wwe2k22 it would be great to have a card based my gm mode. This would give them an opportunity to charge for in game currency by selling virtual cards. As long as the price is right.

There's room for improvement. If they paid Bill alot of money to lend his voice he could do the intro for that feature. Instead of my gm they could call it my franchise.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 6th, 2022, 10:57 pm
timeware wrote: April 6th, 2022, 12:03 pm I'm looking at the avatars for the game. I really would like to see full customization instead of having fixed characters.
I thought they said there would be?
I believe timeware is looking for more sliders and shaders instead of a list of premade body part chunks that you select. You know, like torso type A, B, C where you're either slim, chunky, or beef cake type deal.
mrmichaelt, timeware liked this
Exactly. Most, if not all of us would be creating avatars that look like ourselves as soon as we turn on the game. It would be nice to play as yourselves instead of having generic avatars like Pokémon Go. They do have avatars based on race and gender but I can't tell yet if they are already pre made.
I think maybe you expect a little too much from the character customisation offered by this game, which is neither The Division or Cyberpunk, which both had high levels of facial customisation...

What features they do have will probably be maybe a little more advance than what we had to play with with those Xbox gamer avatars, features that'll allow you to create something analogous to your appearance, within the game's art style, but nothing that would be mistaken for a mirror image of you.
I'm not expecting a complete 100 percent likeness, but I am expecting better then Pokemon Go. If Illfonic gives us the freedom to customize. I bring up Pokemon Go as they only offer two characters to choose from.

With the quality we've been shown so far, a character creation similar to WWE 2K22 shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. 2K22 even offers photo uploads.

If there is the off chance of no DLC that option could allow players to re create their favorite GB's or even upload their state franchise logos to put on their uniforms.

timeware wrote: April 7th, 2022, 6:52 pm With the quality we've been shown so far, a character creation similar to WWE 2K22 shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
Again, I think you're setting the bar way too high for what the game's likely to offer.
zeta otaku liked this
Maybe, but it is possible. The avatar creation would be much simpler as you only have the flight suit to worry about. They already have recolored flight suits.

I would imagine proton packs would be a separate feature to customize. Hopefully they throw in the 2016, EXG, and Real Ghostbusters proton packs at some point. I would love to see the slime blowers be considered but I doubt we'll see any 2009 video game equipment. I'm surprised we haven't seen the Remote Control Trap yet although that could still be in the works.
SailorEcto92 liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]