By Polly
I just ordered a pair of Corcoran 10" side zip 995 boot from Patriot Surplus with 2 pairs of socks shipped to Canada for $184.90. I can't wait to get them. I purchased a 13W. The prices on these boots have certainly come down.
By Wharin
Desslok wrote:So what do you guys think of these:

http://www.zappos.com/palladium-baggy-s ... st=fcl%3A0

Yeah, I know they're not combat boots (more like very very very tall sneakers), but all the more authentic ones I'm finding are running in the 150 and up range, and I'd like not to break the bank here.

as someone who's spent insane amounts of money on footwear, I can honestly say corcs' are worth the price tag in terms of quality and accuracy. you have to realize that walking around a convention as a ghostbuster means a lot of walking and standing, and usually with atleast 20-30 pounds on your back. the 995's are made for that kind of stress, and will take the brunt of the abuse. just ask anyone whos walked a parade or spent more than 6 hours in gear.
By Polly
The boots I currently have are smith & wesson 8" tactical boots, which are comfortable. I just wanted to upgrade to the more screen accurate style since I am getting more involved.
By Hoot
I will at a later date or if I start doing Cons and shit. For now its comfort for me. My feet take a pounding with my kit as it is on a daily basis...
Maybe get some corcs with orthotics later on.
By Polly
I hear you about the feet. I usually do the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo and by the end of the 3 days I am pretty sore from wearing on the equipment and standing for extended periods of time.
By o0Ecto1A0o
Oh yeah I forgot to say which boots I have, They are a nice pair of Danner's. Served me good for 3 fire seasons and are still going strong. Had the resoled and rebuilt once. Most comfortable boots ever!!!
By Talyn
Just got these Carolinas for $25 shipped. Guess they are a slightly different model without the seam across the toe. Close enough for me though, and the zippers are already gold!

By Higgs1
Just ordered a pair of Corcoran 995's with the side zipper for $106 shipped from Botach Tactical as recommended above. They have a 10% off coupon (10OFF) that takes the boots from 118 -> 106 with free shipping.

I'll give a follow up once I receive them, hopefully no issues. I found a store that sells them to try them on today, went down almost a full size. Too bad the store wanted $180 for the 985's (different soles). Said yeah, no thanks, $106 seems great in comparison lol.
By Higgs1
CaptainBaltimore wrote:To those with Corcoran 995's- how does the length compare to regular shoes? I found a retailer that had a sizing chart and came up with size 15 (I'm 6'5"). Unfortunately according to the Corcoran site the boots only go up to a 14. Thoughts?
I'd recommend finding a store that sells them to try them on, even if they are the 985's or the ones without zippers. I normally wear a size 13, size 12-12.5 in boots. I went with an 11.5 wide for my 995's that I just ordered. The 12's I had originally tried on felt good, but were a bit loose and moved around at my heel, which would have caused blisters.

You should be going down a half size to a size on these. So depending on your normal boot/shoe size a 14 might work. I'd still recommend trying to find a store, even if they only sell 13's you can at least get a better feel on if a 14 will work. Or, some sites even have free returns that way you can order the 14 if you cant find them in store and then send them back if its a no go.

Good luck, I know it can be frustrating.
By PssdffJay
I went to an army surplus store and tried on boots for an hour. 3 different styles of Corcoran boots, zipper, no zipper, flat bottom, treaded bottom and could find some the right size to drop $200 on that they wanted. They had all the odd sizes.

I was down in Portland last week (I'm from Canada) and they only had the non zippered flat bottom boots but I found a size that fit comfortably enough. I couldn't fit in an 11 but 12 was good with some wiggle room in the toe and ankle. The laces were not long enough though for my massive calves and I had to tie 2 laces together for each boot. When I got home, I tried them on with a pair of burton snowboard socks (ectoplasm green btw) and they were perfect! Tried with the suit pants tucked in and they were a little tight around the calves but still comfortable.

Long story short, sometimes you need to travel 1300km to try on a pair and save $50. I didn't want to order online and have them not fit or try the eBay route and be stuck with with them. Sure I paid more then if I found some online, but I know mine fit and they fall into my 95% screen accuracy that I am going for.
One last question before I make my purchase! I'm looking at the Corcoran 985's and 995's, and the only difference I notice is the tread on the bottom. I know that the 995's are more screen accurate, but I worry about a flatter-bottomed shoe. Anyone have thoughts one way or another? How much grip does the flat-bottom provide?
By PssdffJay
I wore my boots (while I was actually in a suit at my conference in the states...) and I didn't have a problem with the flat bottom. That was out doors and on concrete floors inside. I did have them on at a restaurant with tile floor and it was a little more slick. More so on pivoting on one foot rather than having my feet slide out from under me.

But I haven't worn them enough to give you a real answer.
By o0Ecto1A0o
CaptainBaltimore wrote:In order to try them on- what kind of stores have you guys found these at? The store locator on the site doesn't show any retailers near me...
Where do you hail from???

If you are in the southern California Area, I would chjeck out Wook Boot Warehouse! Here is the website http://www.workbootwarehouse.com/

Hope this helps!
By Higgs1
Higgs1 wrote:Just ordered a pair of Corcoran 995's with the side zipper for $106 shipped from Botach Tactical as recommended above. They have a 10% off coupon (10OFF) that takes the boots from 118 -> 106 with free shipping.

I'll give a follow up once I receive them, hopefully no issues. I found a store that sells them to try them on today, went down almost a full size. Too bad the store wanted $180 for the 985's (different soles). Said yeah, no thanks, $106 seems great in comparison lol.

Following up my boots arrived today via UPS. They are brand new and are fantastic! I placed my order on Friday the 18th, their shipping department is closed over the weekend, and my boots were shipped on Tuesday and arrived today, 2 day shipping for free (stated 3-10 business days).

Nothing but good things to say about Botach Tactical and anyone looking to pick up a pair of these boots I would recommend looking there, $106 shipped is by far the cheapest I've seen these boots new anywhere.

Now to just break them in, lol
By Higgs1
CaptainBaltimore wrote:Glad to hear that! I ordered mine on Tuesday and was getting a bit nervous that I hadn't gotten any kind of update (or shipping notice yet). I don't care much if I have time to break them in- they just need to be here for next Thursday!

They "drop ship" them, so they ship direct from the manufacturer apparently. Mine shipped from Maine, and being in Boston, it only took 1 day, hopefully they'll get to you by next week! Just checked my UPS email and they actually shipped yesterday and arrived today, not Tuesday lol. So you should get a shipping email tonight or tomorrow.
Just got my Corcoran 985's. I went with utility over 100% accuracy - I've got more use for grippy boots than slidey boots unless I start using them on the dance floor :).

I can already tell these are going to be a pure joy to break in. Mink oil and pain, here I come!
By Morydees
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

travisccook wrote:I can already tell these are going to be a pure joy to break in. Mink oil and pain, here I come!
Having just went through this with my 995s, I grabbed an 8 pack of moleskin patches from Amazon to help with the break-in. Wore them for a day to find the painful areas and mink oiled them up good. After that it was just wearing them out whenever I could and making sure to apply a patch to stop those spots from rubbing. Worked really well.

Patches I used. Can probably find some locally too.
http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Scholls-Molesk ... B001EPQG1M
If applied liberally and allowed to 'soak' the leather in places where the leather needs to stretch (rub points or toe squish areas) it will soften the leather and help it do it's thing without harming it. It should only be left 'sitting' on the boots in those spots or else it'd soften the whole boot. Speeds the break-in time immensely!

It's also used to waterproof boots when applied normally and then wiped clean shortly after.
By Beem0n
Higgs1 wrote: They "drop ship" them, so they ship direct from the manufacturer apparently. Mine shipped from Maine, and being in Boston, it only took 1 day, hopefully they'll get to you by next week! Just checked my UPS email and they actually shipped yesterday and arrived today, not Tuesday lol. So you should get a shipping email tonight or tomorrow.
I hope this is the case. I ordered mine on Wednesday and have yet to hear from them. I went for the expedited shipping since with the 10% discount, it was still below $125, which was the base asking price before shipping pretty much everywhere else so I was getting a deal either way. I hope the 2-5 day shipping is before Thursday, though. I live in Washington so I hope they've been shipped already...
By goldenhawk
Vincenzo330 wrote:Corcoran 995 boots, thank me later ;)
Vince, you are ao right. The Corcorans are comfortable enough to wear all day.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]