Hey, I just finished a Sean trap build too! I actually used this thread for some additional reference when putting mine together, so thank you for sharing your build.

Did you ever buy a trap holster to wear this on your belt? Just wondering which one is best to go with Sean's trap... I've seen a couple different ones each with different types and orientations of V-hook and I really don't want to take my trap apart again to put new hardware on the bottom.

Kingpin liked this
Hi,

I'm embarking on a CD trap build and was looking where I could source all the parts from in the UK and come across your thread on here as you're from the UK too.

I see that you purchased the Mega pack from CD etsy shop which is something I may end up doing as well.

What printer did you print your trap on? I've got an Ender 3 v2 so was wondering if you printed yours on an ender 3 what orientation did you print the bottom plate in? When I load it into my slicer it comes right to the edge of the build plate. I wonder if you printed the full one or if you printed the cut one that's available in the thingiverse files.

Anyway, I want to congratulate you on your build. The end result is fantastic and it's threads like these that make me want to build this kind of thing.

Kindest Regards,

Brett
prodestrian liked this
BrettRogersUK wrote: March 7th, 2024, 10:46 am Hi,

I'm embarking on a CD trap build and was looking where I could source all the parts from in the UK and come across your thread on here as you're from the UK too.

I see that you purchased the Mega pack from CD etsy shop which is something I may end up doing as well.

What printer did you print your trap on? I've got an Ender 3 v2 so was wondering if you printed yours on an ender 3 what orientation did you print the bottom plate in? When I load it into my slicer it comes right to the edge of the build plate. I wonder if you printed the full one or if you printed the cut one that's available in the thingiverse files.

Anyway, I want to congratulate you on your build. The end result is fantastic and it's threads like these that make me want to build this kind of thing.

Kindest Regards,

Brett
Hi Brett,

I used an Ender 3 Pro which has the same build plate size as the v2. I also use Cura as my slicing software - the key with the bottom plate is to set your Build Plate Adhesion setting to 'None' as the software will try and add a skirt or brim by default which requires extra space around the model. Turning this off means you can use the entire width of the plate which is just enough for this part.

Hope that helps,
Dave
prodestrian liked this
EctoLabs wrote: March 7th, 2024, 11:33 am Hi Brett,

I used an Ender 3 Pro which has the same build plate size as the v2. I also use Cura as my slicing software - the key with the bottom plate is to set your Build Plate Adhesion setting to 'None' as the software will try and add a skirt or brim by default which requires extra space around the model. Turning this off means you can use the entire width of the plate which is just enough for this part.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I know it was a long time ago when you started this thread so thank you for the confirmation. I will be getting round to it in the very near future.

I've already got an 84% scale pack from CountDeMonet on here and I've also built a 90% Q-Pack wand from the 3d printed Ghostbuster facebook group.

So now i'ts time I built a trap and I settled on the Charlesworth one with some modifications by ImperialWalker on here and Thingiverse. I'm looking forward to getting started.

Thanks again,

Brett
Hi,

I was wondering when you bought your mega pack from the CD etsy shop did you pay any import fees at all with it coming all the way from USA to UK? I may need to purchase the electronics mega pack for my trap but it's gonna cost nearly £100 shipped so just wondering there would to pay for import fees etc.

Regards

Brett

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]