For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By RPMs
On March 15th, we marched in the Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade with the Midwestern Ghostbusters Coalition and later went to the Navy Pier to get some grub at Harry Caray's where they also have Harold Ramis memorabilia including screen-used uniform and glasses.

June 1st was the Newburg Fireman's Parade. The Ecto still wasn't running quite right, so we towed it through the parade. Not ideal, but we still won 3rd place.

On June 7th, we attended a screening of GB II at Time Community Theater in Oshkosh.
By RPMs
We were special guests at Austin's birthday party on June 14th. We presented him with an Honorary Junior WIGB membership, a Certificate of Anti-Paranormal Proficiency, a custom flight suit, and a kid-sized proton pack. The look on his face when he "suited up" was priceless. And just look at that smile when he got to "drive" the Ecto. We're so glad we could make his day one he won't soon forget. Of course we had a lot of help as well from the family and their friends.

Austin's story as provided by his mother, Kim: Austin just celebrated his 6th birthday Ghostbuster style. A dream and wish come true for him. A year ago we weren't guaranteed that he would even have another birthday. Austin was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) in May of 2011. He endured weekly chemotherapy, multiple hospital stays and cranial radiation. He was in the maintenance phase of treatment for 6 months and was a happy, thriving 4 year old. On a routine visit in October of 2012, we were devastated once again and told that he had relapsed. It was then that our only option was a bone marrow transplant. February 28th, 2013, we were blessed to have a donor off of the bone marrow registry that was a perfect match able to donate and give another chance of life to our only child. He did great and recovered quickly. Sadly, 3 months after transplant in May of 2013, we were told that he relapsed again. Our only option at this time was a clinical trial that was being done only in Philadelphia, an option that never existed even the year before. We left to Philly, lived there for 6 weeks, Austin was patient #21 in the pediatric world to have this immunotherapy done and to this day, he is 8 months and counting in remission. A 3x cancer fighter and survivor. So this birthday was a blessing not only for him with the Ghostbusters being there, but for all of us that love him and fight to have him here with us. Thank you Ghostbusters of WI for making his 6th birthday one that no one will ever forget!

The full album can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 307&type=3

Buckfutter liked this
By da_rambler20
Long time lurker here who just decided to put together a costume for the Awesome Con that is coming to Milwaukee this November and the Wizard Con coming to Madison next February.

I'm live in Hales Corners, by Whitnall Park. I'm a big Brewers fan, unfortunately they are making it hard to cheer for them this past week. And the Packers are now in full swing.

Hope to see some of you guys at Awesome Con this November.
By RPMs
I look forward to seeing you guys there, Alan.

To update the thread, on August 2nd we made an appearance at the Marshfield Public Library.

On August 23rd we were invited to the Glass Nickel in Oshkosh for their Community Day event.

August 29th marked the opening of the re-release of GB1 in theaters.

And finally, Menasha had Safety Day on September 6th. The Ecto met Screamer - they're best of friends.
By da_rambler20
It will be cool to meet some of you guys at Awesome Con. I will be the one GB with no pack. ;(

No funds to put one together at the moment. I did come up with a clever idea to account for that. I am planning on buying one of the proton pack backpacks that are out there and then hanging a sign from it that says: "University Cut My Funding. Cannot Afford a Real Proton Pack."
By Lex
My fiancé and I are in the process of putting together our first uniforms. We're thinking about hitting Awesome Con as well. Thinking of at least trying to build a belt gizmo and find a cheap MT500 to hang off of the belt. Anything more than that isn't in the budget right now. Anyone know where to find a good deal on the radio?
By burgerwolf
Also putting together my first uniform, just bought some leather fobs off ebay but still need a cheap walkie and belt gizmo. Halloween is right around the corner! Anyone?
By da_rambler20
You're literally a few days late. I had a HT220 for sale on eBay. I'm looking for a Gizmo myself. However, I may build my own by next Halloween.
By RPMs
Good luck with your costumes, guys.

To update the thread, on September 19th we were invited to the Point Fish Fry & a Flick at Discovery World in Milwaukee where they had an outdoor screening of Ghostbusters. And while there, our party was crashed by not 1, not 2, not even 3, BUT 4 WEDDING PARTIES! It was a crazy good time. We also got a couple of nice group pics in front of Discovery World and the Milwaukee Art Museum.

Then on September 27th we attended the Books & Busters event at the St. Francis Library.

After leaving St. Francis, I went back to the Art Museum to snap a few pics of the Ecto around sunset.

And I got a couple of fall color pics as well.

By RPMs
Well, I see all of our pics from previous posts don't work anymore. I'm going to assume that's a facebook issue. Anyway, it's been a while since the last update.

In October we did the following events.

Waterford Library Books & Busters

Interactive Screening at Plaza Theatre in Burlington

Kids Day at Misery Haunted House

Grand Opening of UberDork Cafe

Spooktacular at the Children's Museum of Fond du Lac

After a busy Halloween season we took a break until Madison Comic Con in February and the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago last weekend. Pics will be posted in the next update.
By Azurial
Any one know of any local events or cons coming up? It'd be awesome to meet up up with some fellow busters in PR close to the area!
By vwgearhead
[quote="vwgearhead"]New rookie reporting in. From eau claire wi. Working hard getting the uniform done getting to the proton pack this winter. For now working on a belt proton pack to work with this pistol.Image
By Azurial
Good looking gear man! keep it up!

Side note, any one feel like doing some sort of meet and greet?

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]