By kahuna900
Last edited by kahuna900 on August 7th, 2023, 10:27 am, edited 27 times in total.
I asked Arron about these. If you’re buying all of your parts from this kit from Mack’s Factory, the labels for their respective parts will come with them. So save your $53 if you’re getting the whole kit & kaboodle.
darthbuster liked this
Wow, they already sold out? That's a little frightening. Will it be this way for all parts? I would hate to venture into this build not knowing if I can get all the parts. There needs to be some sort of notification system setup. Having to check multiple times everyday will get old fast.
JamminJP45 wrote: March 17th, 2021, 1:32 pm Just saw Mack’s Factory listed the front and side knob for the nuetrona wand for sale. If you are planning to do the whole build is it better to wait for the small kits for knobs etc?

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I have both knobs in my cart, but I'm thinking about waiting to see if they offer the knob kit soon.
kahuna900 wrote:[quote=JamminJP45 post_id=4946957 time=<a href="tel:1616009573" data-original-title="" title="">1616009573</a> user_id=49691]
Just saw Mack’s Factory listed the front and side knob for the nuetrona wand for sale. If you are planning to do the whole build is it better to wait for the small kits for knobs etc?
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I have both knobs in my cart, but I'm thinking about waiting to see if they offer the knob kit soon.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I have both knobs in my cart, but I'm thinking about waiting to see if they offer the knob kit soon.[/quote]

Kit is now available...hope we don’t need something different to hook electronic kit to intensity knob.
By kahuna900
So, a savings of 98 cents for the kit. :)

I'm still waiting for my pack (#86 on the list) and it's hard to start thinking about wand parts when I haven't been able to buy the shell yet.
By kahuna900
JamminJP45 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 12:16 pm Kit is now available...hope we don’t need something different to hook electronic kit to intensity knob.

I wonder why they each come with two screws. I have heard no mention of electronics for this kit, I wonder if they plan on us just using the current kits available for the full size packs. I'm thinking it would be cool to use one of SpongeFace's incandescent kits for my build.
kahuna900 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 12:46 pm
JamminJP45 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 12:16 pm Kit is now available...hope we don’t need something different to hook electronic kit to intensity knob.

I wonder why they each come with two screws. I have heard no mention of electronics for this kit, I wonder if they plan on us just using the current kits available for the full size packs. I'm thinking it would be cool to use one of SpongeFace's incandescent kits for my build.
PP124 - Electronics Kit

What's included:
Battery + AC/DC plug (TBD)
Brackets
Speaker
LEDs Bargraph + Cyclotron
Switches (toggle + Push Button)

Different screws are for resin or aluminum gun body in case you use on different build.
Another addition...

I have to say, I'm not too happy with the way they are releasing these items. So far I have a bunch of stuff that I can't attach to anything. Still waiting on the shell at #86 on the list.

I'm thinking I may have made a huge mistake buying all these parts as it looks like it will take years to get these things out.
Last edited by kahuna900 on October 19th, 2021, 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By abaka
I haven't bought a single item as I won't until I have the shell....I also won't buy anything for the thrower until I have the thrower main body.

I just hope by time my turn comes for the pack these items won't be out of stock and I face a lengthy wait or worse the items will be discontinued.
kahuna900 wrote: June 1st, 2021, 10:05 am Still waiting on the shell at #86 on the list.

I'm thinking I may have made a huge mistake buying all these parts as it looks like it will take years to get these things out.
Mother of god, I'm in the #860's. Looks like I might have a pack for the 50th anniversary!
WhoaFoogles wrote: June 1st, 2021, 2:34 pm Mother of god, I'm in the #860's. Looks like I might have a pack for the 50th anniversary!
And by then you'll have paid $2k in parts and another $1k in shipping. I get it, pre-orders suck -- but really wish there was a 'hold' option to pay for the parts and have it all shipped out at once. Not a fan of this drip-by-drip approach.
TooCoolForZuul wrote: June 1st, 2021, 3:25 pmNot a fan of this drip-by-drip approach.
Unfortunately that's often the way with projects like these because the people spearheading them don't have the bankroll behind them that companies like Hasbro or Mattel have at their disposal.

Usually projects like these go one of two ways: Either you can have a cheaply, mass produced item (but at the expense of the quality and execution), or you can have an excellent piece that's been meticulously developed, but it's gonna be a bit on the pricey side, and you'll have to wait a little longer for it.

What's sad is that we've seen a working example of a company going from the meticulous approach to "meh, it's good enough". MattyCollector knocked the ball out of the park with their P.K.E. Meter replica, but by the time they released the Ecto-Goggles, they were making a lot of compromises.
My concern, and I want this to be unfounded, is that the project will fold long before all parts are available and/or waitlists satisfied. I’d plunk down the coin today for the whole shebang if this was deadline driven. But I can’t in good financial sense begin a piecemeal endeavor for parts with poor availability from day 1 on staggered releases and hope for the best as this might or might not string along for the next X years.

900+ waitlist right now for the shell, and we’re ~4 months away from a 1-year announcement anniversary? Most of the major components including electronics still TBD? I don’t have 5 years of patience for the chance to end up getting sued by every city, county, and state agency in New York.
TooCoolForZuul liked this
By gchew
I also pre-ordered the day they were posted. I have not received a shipment notification yet either. They have been pretty good about shipping as soon as they are available.

I am just waiting for my spot for the idealized shell to come up. I'll probably also get on the list for the legacy shell as well. I sent an email to see if there was an idea around when the next run of idealized shells was going to be but I haven't gotten a response yet.
I’m loving the bumper, it’s a great piece, but I’m starting to wonder about how long it’s going to take to get the shell. From what I’ve seen, not many people have been announcing they’ve gotten theirs, outside of a couple of YouTubers and a few lucky folks on FB. Has anyone actually gotten it yet to talk about it? Now we’ve got the legacy pack coming soon, which I don’t really want, but will only add to the waiting process if they are now offering two different versions.

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]