Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
JonXCTrack wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 5:24 pm I'd go with Ghostbusters: Recharged or Ghostbusters: Resurrected.
I thought about “Resurrected” as a title but I think the latest Matrix sequel might put the kibosh on that.

The more I think about it, I think calling the movie “The Real Ghostbusters” would be pretty cool. I doubt they’d do it but I think it would be a cool little wink.
tylergfoster wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 8:56 pm I didn't like the idea of Oscar coming back, so adding Vigo to a concept involving Oscar is even worse.
Lol You’ve got something against poor little Oscar?

And while he’d technically be “coming back” he was an infant in the 2nd movie lol. He literally had no lines. He wasn’t exactly a character you could like or not like. Unless you’re some weirdo that hates babies.

Yeah no I don’t really like having a re used villain either. I’d like something new. My biggest gripe on Afterlife was the use of Gozer & how a lot of it didn’t jive with the original films “mythology”.

Whatever they do in the sequel I hope they don’t do the stupid idea of having franchises all over America or the world. I’ve always hated, hated, hated that idea. It makes Ghostbusting less special and interesting.

And like I said, it’s gotta go back to New York. Ghostbusters and New York go together like peanut butter and jam.

You can’t have the GBA kids as Ghostbusters. You just can’t. So that means a new team, right? If the next movie is those kids wearing the jumpsuits and packs and answering calls—my god that would be stupid.

Personally, and I know this isn’t popular, I’d just leave the kids alone. That was the last movie. Now let’s do a proper ghostbusters movie with funny comedians. Have Winston & Ray starting up the new team in NYC. If you have the kids have Phoebe doing some sort of internship/science camp at the GBHQ. The only new characters that I remotely cared about was Pheobe, Podcast and Paul Rudd.

One thing. I don’t know what happened to Dan Aykroyd but his acting ability has plummeted. During the Climax everytime he said a line in the new film it felt like he, to quote This is Spinal Tap, turned up to 11. He sounded like he was reading lines. I hope he works on that.
ghoulishfright, Sav C liked this
deadderek wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 12:48 am I want the opening scene to be Oscar's funeral.
*priest speaking at the wake*

"And also, Vigo is also gone forever and never coming back to repeat what happened in 1989."
*stares at the camera*
"NEVVVEEERRRR."
deadderek, groschopf liked this
Aykroyd's advocate here: he had to convey a lot of emotions in very few lines, maybe he wanted to make those emotions clear by exaggerating the few lines he had. You know, like when you have only 5 minutes at the all can you eat buffet.

In the italian dubbing he sounded more natural. Also, maybe he's a little rusty, when was the last time he properly acted in a movie?
Davideverona wrote:In the italian dubbing he sounded more natural. Also, maybe he's a little rusty, when was the last time he properly acted in a movie?
I think the previous live action movies he acted in (not counting voice over work) was probably ATC and Pixels in 2016 and 2017. But I think more recently he had a guest appearance on The Connors.
Davideverona liked this
Ghostbusters 4 should be about a group of nobody's who watch a containment facility in Red Hook because they didn't pass the actual exam to be officially licensed with the rest of the equipment so watching a containment facility is a consolation prize.

Some puppet-antagonist tries to steal the energy in the containment facility, and they have to fix it under the radar; which ultimately doesn't work. Leading to a climax where they rescue the home office.

Boom. It'll write itself. -laughs-
RichardLess wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 11:01 pm One thing. I don’t know what happened to Dan Aykroyd but his acting ability has plummeted. During the Climax everytime he said a line in the new film it felt like he, to quote This is Spinal Tap, turned up to 11. He sounded like he was reading lines. I hope he works on that.
It probably didn’t help that his lines were completely out of character (in the bookshop) or mostly copied from the first movie (such as the finale). His lines at the end would have been excellent in a commercial for the AARP…
Someone floated it before, but I would love to see something Lovecraftian.

Like make the villain a Cult of Cthulhu or something. Cast Jeffrey Combs as the cult leader.

Step away from Gozer and Vigo. Go somewhere new.

Hell, rehash Aykroyds original GBII script with the fairies and Ireland (was it Ireland?).

I still think at least Callie, Trevor and Pheobe need to appear. I can easily see Pheobe working in Rays Occult, books pilled up around her helping Ray research what ever the big bad is. We can't just half explore the Spengler family then leave it in limbo. Thats a total Rain Johnson move.
I wanna see Callie learn more about her dad now she has closure. I wanna see Pheobe follow her Granddads work.
Theres so much there to explore.

But no Vigo. No retreads.
Something fresh and new.

The possibilities are endless.
Last edited by Hairy Biker on May 5th, 2022, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless Winston helped Callie get a job with his company and move to NYC I can't see any realistic reason for Phoebe to be there. McKenna Grace will still be under 18 when the movie is filmed thus the character will be. I have hard time seeing her in New York with out her mother. Of course she has to be as she's the break out character in afterlife.
RichardLess wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 11:01 pmPersonally, and I know this isn’t popular, I’d just leave the kids alone. That was the last movie. Now let’s do a proper ghostbusters movie with funny comedians. You can’t have the GBA kids as Ghostbusters. You just can’t. So that means a new team, right? If the next movie is those kids wearing the jumpsuits and packs and answering calls—my god that would be stupid.
I think more than anything what I want to avoid is defining anything as a "proper Ghostbusters movie." I have no problem with the protagonists being kids, because they're not defined by being "kids," they're defined by being great characters from the last Ghostbusters movie, who I enjoyed and whose story I'm invested in.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, WCat2000 and 2 others liked this
I know it’s fun to come up with fun ideas and theories but there’s no way they aren’t continuing on from the cast of afterlife. Especially not Pheobe. The character was great. The actress is great. For a female child protagonist leading role she didn’t act like some clueless helpless child. She full on owned bring a ghostbuster in a badass way. How can she not be the face of the franchise going forward?

100%. The cast will return whether it be some or all of them I stake my Hasbros Spengler pack on it!
groschopf liked this
Here's an interesting premise... who busts the Ghostbusters?

I know in Max Landis' pitch he mentioned that one of his characters was actually infiltrating the Ghostbusters on behalf of a ghosts rights activist organization (PETA for Ghosts) and there was even an element of that in Hank Braxton's fan film Return of the Ghostbusters way back in '07.

What if Walter Peck decided to leave the Fed. Govt. and went into creating his own organization as a counterforce, or better yet what if he ponies up with some big wigs and creates a super pac ala Citizens United in order to discredit Ghostbusting as a profession which would lead to ulterior motives.
Sav C liked this
Personally, I always found the idea of a rival Ghostbusters company to be a great story within the franchise. Maybe that's because it was the first episode of the animated series, or one of the best IDW storylines (I love to hate Ron Alexander), but I just think that'd be a lot of fun to see on the big screen.

It's a great way to delineate how the tech works, not get bogged down in a down-and-out-civilian story line for the first half of the film like usual, define what it is people like about the Ghostbusters, give us some fun villains, and provide plenty of opportunities to see ghosts actually being busted instead of one first bust and a boss battle.

Updating that premise for this era would be, as Pitch Meetings say, "super easy; barely an inconvenience." Who ya gonna CALL? Bro, this new company has an app. They're disrupting the field. They're taking an old technology and repackaging as something totally new while playing games with regulators and hiding their misdeeds (look no further than Uber's "greyball" program for a blueprint).

Their tech is new and modern and sleek... and probably not as benign as they pretend. The antagonists could be human, ghosts in disguise, disgruntled cultists, a robot or drones... all of the above. There's just so much fun to be had with the premise. It's familiar to us hardcore fans, but isn't a retread depending on how it's done. Each character can get a foil to bounce off so we can quickly establish who everyone is and what their values are without fixating on a deep dive character study so we can see action and comedy unfold. And it's a fun way to acknowledge how times have changed while underscoring why we love the things we love while also opening the door to some updates.

Winston restarts Ghostbusters, other titans of finance and tech gurus see an opportunity to enter the field, and all hell breaks. Make it more than one rival company so there's too many busters and not enough ghosts. How does an unscrupulous company get around a spook shortage? Let out some of the spirits they already capture and bust them again and again. Every time a ghost is released and trapped again, they adapt to the technology to the point where it stops working.

It could even be set up where the blinking containment unit light at the end of Afterlife is the grid failing for that reason. Phoebe's got to travel to New York to address the issue the and keep the containment unit working, so our crew is on to the ongoing issue of the technology having to stay ahead of the ghosts adapting. But rival crews won't have that sort of longitudinal data, and will make the issue worse with new flashy tech that hasn't been vetted properly.

Ghostbusters: Disrupted
groschopf wrote:Personally, I always found the idea of a rival Ghostbusters company to be a great story within the franchise. Maybe that's because it was the first episode of the animated series, or one of the best IDW storylines (I love to hate Ron Alexander), but I just think that'd be a lot of fun to see on the big screen.

. . . .

Winston restarts Ghostbusters, other titans of finance and tech gurus see an opportunity to enter the field, and all hell breaks. Make it more than one rival company so there's too many busters and not enough ghosts. How does an unscrupulous company get around a spook shortage? Let out some of the spirits they already capture and bust them again and again. Every time a ghost is released and trapped again, they adapt to the technology to the point where it stops working.

. . . .

An interesting idea for sure. Or perhaps they could piggy back off of what Peck said in GB1: "They're using sense and nerve gasses to induce hallucinations People think they're seeing ghosts. And they call these bozos, who conveniently show up . . . "

What if this rival company isn't even busting real ghosts? Then when real ghosts do show up the rival company isn't prepared and somehow makes things even worse?
groschopf, Kingpin, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: May 7th, 2022, 8:09 am
An interesting idea for sure. Or perhaps they could piggy back off of what Peck said in GB1: "They're using sense and nerve gasses to induce hallucinations People think they're seeing ghosts. And they call these bozos, who conveniently show up . . . "

What if this rival company isn't even busting real ghosts? Then when real ghosts do show up the rival company isn't prepared and somehow makes things even worse?
Great idea! And having a clearly fraudulent team that’s out for the grift calls into question the legitimacy of the REAL Ghostbusters. That’s enough to foul things up in an emergency when the ‘busters need the help of institutions like city hall.

And to add to ghosts developing defenses against the Ghostbuster’s technology, Egon already knew that would happen on a slower scale with minor entities, but the progression was much faster for powerful ones. That’s how Vinz and Zulu broke through his barrier, that’s why Gozer could uncross streams, and that’s why the Spengler pack exists. This problem was already present in Afterlife, and now we get the explanation.
Kingpin, mrmichaelt, JonXCTrack and 1 others liked this
Paco wrote: May 7th, 2022, 12:42 am What if Walter Peck decided to leave the Fed. Govt. and went into creating his own organization as a counterforce, or better yet what if he ponies up with some big wigs and creates a super pac ala Citizens United in order to discredit Ghostbusting as a profession which would lead to ulterior motives.
I'd be scared (but intrigued) if the current President and Vice President of the United States of America were Walter Peck and Jack Hardemeyer.
groschopf wrote: May 7th, 2022, 7:50 am Personally, I always found the idea of a rival Ghostbusters company to be a great story within the franchise. Maybe that's because it was the first episode of the animated series, or one of the best IDW storylines (I love to hate Ron Alexander), but I just think that'd be a lot of fun to see on the big screen.

It's a great way to delineate how the tech works, not get bogged down in a down-and-out-civilian story line for the first half of the film like usual, define what it is people like about the Ghostbusters, give us some fun villains, and provide plenty of opportunities to see ghosts actually being busted instead of one first bust and a boss battle.

Updating that premise for this era would be, as Pitch Meetings say, "super easy; barely an inconvenience." Who ya gonna CALL? Bro, this new company has an app. They're disrupting the field. They're taking an old technology and repackaging as something totally new while playing games with regulators and hiding their misdeeds (look no further than Uber's "greyball" program for a blueprint).

Their tech is new and modern and sleek... and probably not as benign as they pretend. The antagonists could be human, ghosts in disguise, disgruntled cultists, a robot or drones... all of the above. There's just so much fun to be had with the premise. It's familiar to us hardcore fans, but isn't a retread depending on how it's done. Each character can get a foil to bounce off so we can quickly establish who everyone is and what their values are without fixating on a deep dive character study so we can see action and comedy unfold. And it's a fun way to acknowledge how times have changed while underscoring why we love the things we love while also opening the door to some updates.

It could even be set up where the blinking containment unit light at the end of Afterlife is the grid failing for that reason. Phoebe's got to travel to New York to address the issue the and keep the containment unit working, so our crew is on to the ongoing issue of the technology having to stay ahead of the ghosts adapting. But rival crews won't have that sort of longitudinal data, and will make the issue worse with new flashy tech that hasn't been vetted properly.

Maybe the big bad is some sort of evil hell spawn named Gieflaup who brainwashed the rival busting team i to going up against the real deal.
JonXCTrack liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: May 8th, 2022, 4:01 am
groschopf wrote: May 7th, 2022, 7:50 am Personally, I always found the idea of a rival Ghostbusters company to be a great story within the franchise. Maybe that's because it was the first episode of the animated series, or one of the best IDW storylines (I love to hate Ron Alexander), but I just think that'd be a lot of fun to see on the big screen.

Maybe the big bad is some sort of evil hell spawn named Gieflaup who brainwashed the rival busting team i to going up against the real deal.
I see what you did there.
Hairy Biker liked this
groschopf wrote:
JonXCTrack wrote: May 7th, 2022, 8:09 am

Great idea! And having a clearly fraudulent team that’s out for the grift calls into question the legitimacy of the REAL Ghostbusters. That’s enough to foul things up in an emergency when the ‘busters need the help of institutions like city hall.

And to add to ghosts developing defenses against the Ghostbuster’s technology, Egon already knew that would happen on a slower scale with minor entities, but the progression was much faster for powerful ones. That’s how Vinz and Zulu broke through his barrier, that’s why Gozer could uncross streams, and that’s why the Spengler pack exists. This problem was already present in Afterlife, and now we get the explanation.
I like it. Sort of a hybrid of the Robo-buster episode from RGB and the Darkness at Noon episodes of EGB.
groschopf liked this
How about someone started a rival company ala Theranos, claiming to be a disrupter of industry when in reality the tech they use is spotty and makes the situation worse. You can even throw in a little bit of Fyre Festival by how the rival outfit uses social media in order to get their brand identity out there. While Ghostbusters as a brand is iconic, I can see Ray and Peter struggling to make IG REELS and Twitter posts. Winston would probably have to bring in a social media coordinator, which is a real position in many companies now.
groschopf, Kingpin, Sav C liked this

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]