Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
deadderek wrote: April 30th, 2022, 9:22 am Do we know anything about Oscar's upbringing? Nope. Zero. He might have even left to go live with his dad at a young age to be raised by him instead of Dana. Who knows?

Shoehorning in Oscar has been done to death in fan projects, let's explore more of the Afterlife cast instead.
Yeah it would be like in a lot of fanmade stuff lol, but I'd still like to see what happened with Oscar or for how long Peter and Dana have been married.
Oscar has a perfectly normal life, manages a pizza place, lives happily with his wife. No kids, has a dog, likes to travel.

Ok now let's get to actual Ghostbusters in a Ghostbusters movie.
I kinda think its going to be more like the new game thats coming out.
Winston sort of managing/ training the team, maybe with Janine and Ray as trainer/ tech support/ researcher.
I dont really see a need for Venkman to be there, if Murray was willing maybe a quick thing of him developing promotion and advertising but I dont see that as needed.

I'd like to think Callie would go to New York to learn more about Egon and maybe carry on the Spengler name, as someone who hates science she'd be a good voice for the audience.
I also imagine Grooberson would be there too.

And if not Ghostbusters themselves I'd imagine Pheobe would be like a RA to Ray and Trevor assists with maintaining equipment.
Davideverona wrote: May 1st, 2022, 6:30 am
jonogunn wrote: May 1st, 2022, 2:58 am I just hope they release little tidbits along the way to keep us satiated unlike afterlife.
I hope that there will not be another pandemic this time around
At the rate this war is escalating, I'll be happy if there will be anyone left to see it.
Sav C liked this
Alphagaia wrote: May 1st, 2022, 11:48 am At the rate this war is escalating, I'll be happy if there will be anyone left to see it.
You know, you could have a bright future with this company—except for that attitude.

I was just this moment considering you for a major promotion within the company, and now... I don’t know.
Kingpin, Alphagaia, deadderek and 4 others liked this
groschopf wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 6:37 am
Alphagaia wrote: May 1st, 2022, 11:48 am At the rate this war is escalating, I'll be happy if there will be anyone left to see it.
You know, you could have a bright future with this company—except for that attitude.

I was just this moment considering you for a major promotion within the company, and now... I don’t know.
Are you saying it just blew up in my face?
deadderek wrote: April 30th, 2022, 4:04 pm Oscar has a perfectly normal life, manages a pizza place, lives happily with his wife. No kids, has a dog, likes to travel.

Ok now let's get to actual Ghostbusters in a Ghostbusters movie.
:shock:
I just realized that the topic says Ghostbusters 4 (2024), has the year been confirmed already or is it because it's the 40th anniversary, also it feels weird seeing "Ghostbusters 4" I never thought I would even see a 3rd movie. :0
TheManEatingToaster wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 5:49 pm I just realized that the topic says Ghostbusters 4 (2024), has the year been confirmed already or is it because it's the 40th anniversary, also it feels weird seeing "Ghostbusters 4" I never thought I would even see a 3rd movie. :0
No just a placeholder name AJ made for the forum until official news reveals the title and year. For the latter, don't say AJ jinxed it. :P
mrmichaelt wrote:
TheManEatingToaster wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 5:49 pm I just realized that the topic says Ghostbusters 4 (2024), has the year been confirmed already or is it because it's the 40th anniversary, also it feels weird seeing "Ghostbusters 4" I never thought I would even see a 3rd movie. :0
No just a placeholder name AJ made for the forum until official news reveals the title and year. For the latter, don't say AJ jinxed it. :P
As you tell me not to, I'm so blaming AJ if Ghostbusters 4 doesn't pan out. I BLAME YOU AJ!!! Lol.
timeware wrote: April 30th, 2022, 1:11 pmNot saying they get rid of Phoebe and Podcast I like those characters, but they don't need the bulk of the movie.
I'm of the opinion that Phoebe and Podcast should currently be the main characters of the franchise, with Winston, Callie, and maybe Grooberson as primary supporting characters. The last movie was about her, and while I have no objection to Ghostbusters 4 as a placeholder, the last one was consciously and intentionally not called Ghostbusters 3. What they announced at CinemaCon was "a sequel to Ghostbusters: Afterlife."
timeware wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:42 pm As you tell me not to, I'm so blaming AJ if Ghostbusters 4 doesn't pan out. I BLAME YOU AJ!!! Lol.
lol, no. If anything, some of us, myself included, jinxed it first. Kingpin got in touch with AJ for a forum for this movie and he made one. I don't know the why but "Ghostbusters 4 (2024)" probably was easier than "Ghostbusters: Afterlife Untitled Sequel (202X)" Boy do we need something new to talk about.
I can maybe see the sequel happening this way. The kids of Afterlife take a summer internship at GBHQ in New York. At first they are handed lame assignments like paper work, billing, clean up. Maybe someone fools around with the containment unit and let’s some ghouls out. That could be fun. Winston & Ray hire a new GB team and the kids kinda feel like they’ve been stepped over.

I want the franchise back in New York tho.

And as much as I don’t want a re used Villain…I can see a way for Vigo to come back. You could say part of Vigo’s life force entered Oscar(because we do see Vigo start to reform on Oscar). Make Oscar the big bad. The life force has been dormant and slowly but surely it grows and grows. And Maybe Vigo’s life force has some sort of goal besides coming back. Vigo was a sort of sorcerer of his day, right? Well Vigo’s life force uses Oscar to unleash some sort of otherworldly Lovecraftian God being upon the city that defeated him. Oh oh. Ok. I have it:

It’s Oscar who unleashes the ghouls from the containment unit and the kids get blamed for it. Maybe even have Oscar as one of the new GB’s and so it’s like the bad guy is also a Ghostbuster. We don’t suspect Oscar. Could have it where Oscar doesn’t even know he’s doing these things. Vigo’s life force only comes out when Oscar is asleep. Which could lead to a funny Image of a sleeping, dead weight human, being controlled. Almost like how Remy the rat controls Linguini in Ratatouille when he’s asleep. That sequence is very funny. A gifted physical comedian would be needed.
So Vigo isn’t the bad guy really. His semi dormant life force is. That life force wants to unleash a powerful demon upon the world and uses his Moldavian magic to raise Cthulhu or whatever.

I think that could work. We get the best of both worlds. We get the kids back, a new team, New York, some Vigo love, a new villain, Oscar. Damn. I almost wish I could write it.

Title choices:
Ghostbusters 4 Ever

Ghostbusters Inc

The Real Ghostbusters (I think that’s a cool title for the movie. A nice call back to the cartoon)

Ghostbusters 401K

Ghostbusters Return

Ghostbusters Legacy
Last edited by RichardLess on May 2nd, 2022, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardLess wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 10:58 pm I can maybe see the sequel happening this way. The kids of Afterlife take a summer internship at GBHQ in New York. At first they are handed lame assignments like paper work, billing, clean up. Maybe someone fools around with the containment unit and let’s some ghouls out. That could be fun. Winston & Ray hire a new GB team and the kids kinda feel like they’ve been stepped over.

And as much as I don’t want a re used Villain…I can see a way for Vigo to come back. You could say part of Vigo’s life force entered Oscar(because we do see Vigo start to reform on Oscar). Make Oscar the big bad. The life force has been dormant and slowly but surely it grows and grows. And Maybe Vigo’s life force has some sort of goal besides coming back. Vigo was a sort of sorcerer of his day, right? Well Vigo’s life force uses Oscar to unleash some sort of otherworldly Lovecraftian God being upon the city that defeated him. Oh oh. Ok. I have it:

It’s Oscar who unleashes the ghouls from the containment unit and the kids get blamed for it. Maybe even have Oscar as one of the new GB’s and so it’s like the bad guy is also a Ghostbuster. We don’t suspect Oscar. Could have it where Oscar doesn’t even know he’s doing these things. Vigo’s life force only comes out when Oscar is asleep. Which could lead to a funny Image of a sleeping, dead weight human, being controlled. Almost like how Remy the rat controls Linguini in Ratatouille when he’s asleep. That sequence is very funny. A gifted physical comedian would be needed.
So Vigo isn’t the bad guy really. His semi dormant life force is. That life force wants to unleash a powerful demon upon the world and uses his Moldavian magic to raise Cthulhu or whatever.

I think that could work. We get the best of both worlds. We get the kids back, a new team, New York, some Vigo love, a new villain, Oscar. Damn. I almost wish I could write it.
You've, you've been watching Batman Beyond again haven't you? I like the idea of possessed Oscar but it sounds a lot like Return of the Joker. But yeah, I can get behind that if they have Oscar be the professor at Lucky's college who no one suspects. Meanwhile she's recruiting the Extreme Ghostbusters. Not saying she replaces Kylie, they could still find a way to add her as well.

Again though I really don't want to see the return of Vigo but maybe Peter Mcnicol plays the role of the college dean who's pulling the puppet strings. Maybe have Dr. Janosz Poha change his name so Oscar doesn't recognize him. If they have to take element's from Ghostbusters II it shouldn't be a complete carbon copy. Make Janosz not the big bad but the guy that summons Vigo's boss. Vigo had to have gotten his power from some place.

I doubt that the OG's would have kept tabs on Janoz after the whole Vigo thing. Maybe Janoz took in enough of Vigo's power to become a warlock himself over the years.
RichardLess wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 10:58 pm And as much as I don’t want a re used Villain…I can see a way for Vigo to come back. You could say part of Vigo’s life force entered Oscar(because we do see Vigo start to reform on Oscar). Make Oscar the big bad. The life force has been dormant and slowly but surely it grows and grows. And Maybe Vigo’s life force has some sort of goal besides coming back. Vigo was a sort of sorcerer of his day, right? Well Vigo’s life force uses Oscar to unleash some sort of otherworldly Lovecraftian God being upon the city that defeated him. Oh oh. Ok. I have it:

Or Ray. He got possessed. Briefly. But could have been enough time for Vigo have done something just in case he lost. Time is but a window -- No, I still want a new villain.
RichardLess wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 10:58 pm Title choices:
Ghostbusters 4 Ever

Ghostbusters Inc

The Real Ghostbusters (I think that’s a cool title for the movie. A nice call back to the cartoon)

Ghostbusters 401K

Ghostbusters Return

Ghostbusters Legacy
I don't think the last one. As some of the foreign markets used that title instead of "Ghostbusters: Afterlife." Don't think they can use "Return" because of the book. Idk, I still like Ghostbusters: Resurrection or something semi-related to "afterlife" and also tying into the reopening of the business by Winston.
I want the opening scene to be Oscar's funeral.
RichardLess wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 10:58 pm I can maybe see the sequel happening this way. The kids of Afterlife take a summer internship at GBHQ in New York. At first they are handed lame assignments like paper work, billing, clean up. Maybe someone fools around with the containment unit and let’s some ghouls out. That could be fun. Winston & Ray hire a new GB team and the kids kinda feel like they’ve been stepped over.

Title choices:
Ghostbusters 4 Ever

Ghostbusters Inc

Ghostbusters 401K

Ghostbusters Return

Ghostbusters Legacy
I really like this.

As for the title, I think they'll play on the Afterlife theme. Wonder if they can use Ghostbusters Alive Again.
Davideverona wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 1:25 pm

Title choices:
Ghostbusters 4 Ever

Ghostbusters Inc

Ghostbusters 401K

Ghostbusters Return

Ghostbusters Legacy
I really like this.

As for the title, I think they'll play on the Afterlife theme. Wonder if they can use Ghostbusters Alive Again.
Ghostbusters Life Alert
or
Ghostbusters Life Support

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]