Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By sexy sadie
So I finally rented and watched Ghostbusters Afterlife last night and was very impressed. The scenes of Egon's last day was a bit haunting, but then we segue to Callie (Carrie Coon) and her children being evicted from their apartment & moving into the farmhouse in Summerville, OK that Egon left them in his will. Pleasure to see the lovely Janine Melnitz telling them a few Egon stories.

We see Callie's son Trevor (Finn Wolfhard) applies for a job at a 50s diner, where he meets Lucky Domingo (Celeste O'Connor), the town sheriff's daughter.

Phoebe (McKenna Grace) is particularly curious about her grandfather. She watches old Ghostbuster videos on YouTube, finds his equipment in a basement, and at her new school, meets Podcast (Logan Kim). They become fast friends. I was scared for a minute, cos I thought Phoebe would be bullied on her first day. I know the feeling.

Anywho, the four aspire to become young Ghostbusters in training, even after they are arrested for driving the Ectomobile without a license. A key moment there was Phoebe calling...Ray's Occult Books. Yes, the one and only Dan Aykroyd reprised his legendary Ray Stantz role.

One of the funniest scenes is Phoebe's teacher - and Callie's boyfriend (Paul Rudd) - going to Walmart and being ambushed by little Stay Puft Marshmallow Men, then chased by one of the giant dogs from the 1984 film. He becomes possessed...as does Callie, recreating the famous "there is no Dana, only Zuul" moment.

But the part I want to get to is the climax, where the OG Ghostbusters appear in their uniforms, with their equipment and help the young novices rescue their mother and teacher.

And what to my wondering eyes should appear...the ghost of Egon, aiding his granddaugter, and his fello GBs seeing him...a powerful moment. Heck, I teared up when Callie hugged the ghost of her father as he vanished into the night.

Thank you Jason Reitman, for carrying your father's tradition. And P.S. it was funny to see Dana Barrett pull that shock test on Peter.
zeta otaku, GBfan77 liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]