Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By zackangel
Hello,

Just for people see the movie.

Do you think again GB afterlife is after GB2 ?

I dont know, when i see movie i say no.

(Ecto 1 first form, no people see ghost 30 years before, nobody speak about liberty statue move in new york...)

I have this feeling GB2 is not before afterlife.
This Post Contains Spoilers
(hope no i love GB2 to)
By doney84
While references to GB2 are minimal in Afterlife, I think it is safe to assume the movie and it's events do take place after GB 2.

As for Ecto 1a, Ray said times got tough so maybe it was sold to help pay off debt? That would then suggest Ecto 1 & Ecto 1a were indeed different cars.
Sav C, Kingpin, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
Do not click on the spoiler button if you have not seen the movie.
doney84 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:56 pm As for Ecto 1a,
That would then suggest Ecto 1 & Ecto 1a were indeed different cars.
I think you're tweaking the "facts" to fit your theory, rather than amending your theory to fit the facts.
Even when there might've been the opportunity to insert a digital prop to make up for the fact the physical prop was repurposed... Jason didn't see the need to feature a cameo by Ecto-1A.

And I think the car's absence is quite noteworthy.

It seems reasonable to conclude, therefore... That we don't see Ecto-1A on-screen because it has become the 2021 Ecto-1.

If Ecto-1A has become the 2021 Ecto, it likewise feels reasonable to conclude that the 1984 Ecto-1 became Ecto-1A.

I know it's not a 100% tidy explanation, I appreciate the registration change in Ghostbusters II is still a wrinkle... But we've now had two movies where we could've seen two distinctly different Ectomobiles sat in close proximity of each other... But such a scene never came to pass.

Occam's Razor is that the simplest explanation is the most likely one. And the simplest explanation is the guys kept the same Ectomobile running with various paint schemes and equipment configurations from 1984 through to 2021.
Petzrick, One time liked this
By Rogerstirling85
Who cares? It was a 2 minute throwaway to the fans that deliberately contradicted itself
The whole film was bullshit
hutto liked this
By Kingpin
Rogerstirling85 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:15 pm Who cares?
Rogerstirling85 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:15 pmThe whole film was bullshit
Rude.

And in answer to your question, "Don",
zeta otaku, Petzrick, seekandannoy and 4 others liked this
By BRD 527
Its 2021 30 years ago was 1991 and honestly I'm kinda glad the film got delayed a year and got the release date it did because 30 years from now exactly lines up with the video game which took place around Thanksgiving 1991 lol plus the video game explains that Ecto is an ever evolving part of the team
One time liked this
By zackangel
oki but for liberty statue walk in new york.
Vigo event is more striking (titan, giant monster...)

I dont live in america but is normal in this country ?
giant marshmallow man, liberty statue walk in new york XD
By zeta otaku
We have people thinking the world is flat, 911 didn't happen, birds aren't real (this might be a grand prank, but still... the conspiracy itself, not birds), and a disturbingly amount of other things to boot... yes, I absolutely believe people would believe that none of the events of the first two movies happened even if they witnessed it first hand.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
BRD 527 wrote: November 20th, 2021, 8:11 am Its 2021 30 years ago was 1991 and honestly I'm kinda glad the film got delayed a year and got the release date it did because 30 years from now exactly lines up with the video game which took place around Thanksgiving 1991 lol plus the video game explains that Ecto is an ever evolving part of the team
Unfortunately Ghostbusters: The Video Game isn't able to be canon with Ghostbusters: Afterlife. There's a very significant feature in the new film that irreparably contradicts the game.
Patrick Bateman wrote: November 20th, 2021, 10:12 am Kinda sucks ... wanted them to acknowledge part 2.
They do acknowledge GBII, it's just not overtly.
By Dr.D
Am I the only person who also feels there is literally an entire scene that plays out VERY similarly to a scene near the end of GB2?
I suggest less sodium in some of your diets.
zeta otaku, Kingpin liked this
By Sav C
Dr.D wrote: November 20th, 2021, 12:36 pm Am I the only person who also feels there is literally an entire scene that plays out VERY similarly to a scene near the end of GB2?
Dr.D liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]